AEW All Out 2024 - September 7th

Supremo

• Paid Members

Doing consecutive pay per views two weeks apart will always be a stupid idea. But to be able to put on a show like Wembley, an extremely satisfying show that saw loads of arcs naturally conclude, and then still have a card this good in your back pocket? Genuinely impressive.

Firstly, the poster, which was recently updated. The original one is on top, with the updated one below.

IMG_9423.thumb.jpeg.99eca62cf34f24ace975daf86252614f.jpeg

The most obvious change is Britt Baker getting binned off. I like the idea of Tony Khan sending a DM to his graphics department during the Baker vs. Mercedes match. “Get this shitarse off my poster. She’s absolutely shat the bed! Sandbag Jones!”

In reality, I’m sure the poster was just updated to actually feature the people who are going to wrestle on the show, which is a shame because it suggests the Young Bucks and Okada won’t feature. Despite cooling off massively, I still love the New Elite. I mean, just look at this man. He cannot help but be hilarious. Nick Jackson being the most Nick Jackson he can be. 

IMG_9424.thumb.jpeg.1d59637755b2a672007f19540d559f41.jpeg

Ridiculous 16-bit Nick Jackson isn’t real. He can’t hurt you.

But yeah. Get on this card. Stacked. Should be another belter.

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.af71008b8fb77c2472200285d2263cf2.jpeg

Hangman vs. Swerve needs to headline. Feud of the year. Two of the best characters in wrestling. Two phenomenal workers, in their prime. Swerve in particular really stepped up during his title reign. Match of the year contenders against both Ospreay and Danielson. They’ve got a lot to live up to though. How the hell do you follow the Texas Death Match last year? How much more mental can they go? He drank his fucking blood! Should be wild. Worried Hangman is going to bring an actual gun. Cannot wait.

Similarly, Willow and Statlander have proven to be the Queens of the Death Match the last few years. Great to see them get another chance on a big stage, rather than on random episodes of Battle of the Belts or Rampage that nobody watches. Should be brilliant. I’ll be rooting for Willow, obviously. Love her. Dazzle you with her smile one minute, then Powerbomb you through barbwire the next. The best.

Mercedes vs. Shida should be good. I think Britt Baker’s Wembley Disaster is going to look even worse once they’re finished here.

Ospreay vs. Pac is ridiculous. Imagine having such a stacked roster that you can randomly throw out a dream match like that. Sky is the limit.

I’ll be pulling for my boy Daniel Garcia against MJF. Made up he’s back. Should be a good match, but who cares about that. All I want is for it to be revealed that Daddy Magic stole the Dynamite Diamond Ring, which he clobbers MJF with, leading to the finish. “Call his mom! Tell her we did it!”

As far as being the first-Title-challenge-who’ll-definitely-lose (“a Kane”), Jack Perry is a fine choice for Danielson. Especially in Chicago. That New Japan entrance he did in Chicago last year was a real turning point, where you could see things finally clicking into place. Hopefully he gets a similar reaction here, followed by the beautiful catharsis of a sicko like Danielson murdering the ever living shit out of this smug prick. Kick his fucking head in!

Hopefully they add a mad six or eight man tag involving The Conglomeration, who are all but officially the backbone of this company right now. I need to know what the Word of the Day is!

So yeah. Another pay per view before you’ve even digested the last. I’m reminded of this skit from Mitchell and Webb.

“Thousands and thousands of hours of The Wrestling, each more climactic than the last! Constant, dizzying, twenty four hour, year long, endless Wrestling! Every Dropkick of it mattering to someone, presumably. Watch it here. All the time. Forever. It will never stop. The Wrestling is officially going on forever! It will never finally be decided who has won The Wrestling! Watch it! Watch it! Watch The Wrestling! They’re going to do MOVEZ! That’s THE WRESTLING!!”

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

What an unforgivably reckless and dangerous comment from such an experienced and well respected member of the community. Bring back down votes. 

• Paid Members

What's everyone's predictions for Hangman/Swerve?

I think Hangman wins this but in a way that feels like a loss. A bloodied, broken yet defiant to the end Swerve and Hangman walks away victorious but unsatisfied as he realises how far he's gone and that his win doesn't mean a damn thing.

49 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What's everyone's predictions for Hangman/Swerve?

I think Hangman wins this but in a way that feels like a loss. A bloodied, broken yet defiant to the end Swerve and Hangman walks away victorious but unsatisfied as he realises how far he's gone and that his win doesn't mean a damn thing.

Hangman has to win this one, surely? Although I think this will cement his belief that he’s gone down the right path (not being able to beat Swerve before he crossed the line), rather than cause him dissatisfaction. Either that , or he wins in a brutal way, then continues to violently assault Swerve in a way that is impossible to justify - although he’ll try to in his promo on Dynamite, explaining why he not only had to defeat Swerve, he had to end him; before refocusing - maybe casting his sights on Danielson and the title or something. A goal that Swerve can prevent, when he makes his return from whatever Hangman does.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Either that or they hug at the end. 

That would be atrocious. These two should be trying to kill eachother until the end of time. When the big one drops and there is nothing left but memories and rats, I want Hangman and Swerve fighting it out in the nuclear bunker.

22 hours ago, Supremo said:

*Looks over both shoulders to make sure no-one is listening*

*Slowly leans in, whispering*

Are we actually going to have a pay per view without Jericho stinking up the joint?

I hadn’t even clicked that he wasn’t on the card. My interest in this as a full show has just skyrocketed