FA Carling Premiership and Milk Cup thread 2024/25

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The longest of long shots here, but anyone need a ticket for Forest and Bournemouth on Saturday? Bought it for a mate who has today told me he now cannot go, the dirty shithouse, so I’d like to flog it. I’m out of the country the day before, so it’s of no use to me. DM me if interested. 

Somewhat hilariously I'm in Nottingham the following Saturday for a gig and if these dates had lined up I'd have absolutely taken up this offer despite how killed I would have been by leaving my mate walking around book shops and tourist spots all afternoon. 

• Paid Members

The mess that is Chelsea FC.

They agree to sign 20yo unproven Atletico striker Samu Omorodion for...why the exact same amount they are selling Gallagher to them for!

Atletico tweet a picture of a beaming Gallagher at their stadium, saying he was there to finalise the transfer. 

This Omorodion lad decides he doesn't want to move to Chelsea after all, which scuppers the Gallagher deal for now as Atletico can't afford it after signing Alvarez for £82m (!).

Gallagher returns to London and Chelsea make him train with the naughty group of players they want to unsettle and fuck off (Lukaku, Chalobah etc).

As a means to solve this predicament, Chelsea agree to sign Joao Felix from Atletico on a 6+1 year contract (!!), after his less than impressive loan spell there. Another attacker (albeit not a striker) to add to their many, so many that Sterling can't make their matchday squad and resorts to making a statement.

All this just to offload their best midfielder from last season and homegrown product. Boehly is cooking!~

• Members

Screenshot_20240819-231806_X.jpg.238ca1222706fd44c739d4b3d4b6a1c6.jpg

Not going to bang on as I cba and only one game but I thought Spurs were excellent in the first half and bloody dreadful in the second, and it really is that simple.

Same old shit, we'll score a ton and concede a ton. For such good defenders, they certainly don't show it often.

Leicester did really well in the second half though, fair play. 

I'm at the Everton game Saturday with youngest. I expect to look like Ange in that picture within 10 minutes.

• Paid Members

From BBC:

Jermaine Jenas, who presents The One Show and appears on Match of the Day for the BBC, has been sacked by the corporation following complaints about workplace conduct.

On screen he's got to be one of the dullest pundits so this is good news. Not sure what the buggers done though.

• Awards Moderator

The only negative about that berk getting sacked is that I’ll not get to hear my old man’s “how did that gobshite get on the television?” whenever we’re in the boozer for last orders and MOTD is on.