FA Carling Premiership and Milk Cup thread 2024/25

He was fit towards the end of the season and just hardly ever played. File it under my crap opinions or whatever, but he’s a more naturally gifted player than Havertz. His movement, touch and decision making are way better. I realise he doesn’t fit the physical profile for a #9, so maybe the comparison is slightly unfair, however I just want to get the season off on a positive note by continuing to be a moany bastard about Havertz. 

• Paid Members

Didn't Man United start all this "pay us a subscription fee to be on the waiting list for tickets" thing a good few years ago? 

I saw the Rovers are on the brink of signing some lad from Japan, presumably in the hopes that he'll be a decent replacement for Szmodic when he inevitably goes to a Premier league club for much less than the actual asking price because Venky's have to pay another instalment on that loan they took out from themselves.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

Didn't Man United start all this "pay us a subscription fee to be on the waiting list for tickets" thing a good few years ago? 

If it's a crap thing that's been invented in football, it's probably United who started it.

• Paid Members
On 7/18/2024 at 2:02 PM, I Bent My Wookie said:

Anyone set up a FPL for the UKFF or got the code for the old one? 

Can't access my old FPL account so having to start fresh. 

This?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/23/2024 at 1:08 PM, SuperBacon said:

We've joined the Portsmouth Spurs supporters club, as they get given a number of tickets per home game, so this is hopefully a better/easier way to go.

Well I've massively fucked up with this, applying for multiple games and thinking "We'll only get one if we're lucky" it now seems that me and the 11yo will be attending every home game in the near future and I'm absolutely skint.

So if anyone wants to buy some shirts or one of my kidneys PM me.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Arteta taking a note out of James Wallace’s playbook

20240808_134614.jpg.b83df9dbf9f86f10e1bf44c45f638deb.jpg

Probably went a bit far with Kolasinac though.

• Paid Members

Having paid around £50 the last couple years to join the Arsenal ticket membership with my daughter we're finally seeing a game. The Emirates Cup, which I don't think you needed membership to get tickets for. Ah well it's her first game at Arsenal (Millwall was her first game).

• Members

Watched possibly the worst game I've ever seen today, a 0-0 draw between Southampton and Getafe. 

Shame as the seats were excellent, and the first time 14yo has been with us. Dont think she'll be back.

20240810_152455.thumb.jpg.bdbe5d8decfb3d63458e390ecbd3a8e8.jpg

God it was so shit.

• Paid Members

Fucking bullshit. Was checking Garth's team of the week, with its 2-3-5 formation and unprovoked jabs at Granit Xhaka, the highlight of my footballing weekend? Yes it was.

• Paid Members

That sucks. I’ll miss things like “…had quite a shaky afternoon, but it was the tackle in the 89th minute that reminded me why he’s worthy of my team of the week.”

I heard a mad story that Chelsea have two sporting directors that represent the two warring owners and each has their own shortlist of players and transfer budgets that they operate in. If they happen to identify the same players they split the transfer fee. It sounds so dumb and made up but it’s about as sensible an explanation as to the set up at Chelsea Players Agency as there is.