EURO 2024

Weezenal

• Paid Members

I watched the game with my Grandad and while it would have been nice to see a win with him, it was hard to ever see past Spain.

Feel worse for the people taking their flags down outside and setting off the fireworks they bought for the occassion. Sad.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Its shit when someone rubs it in when you lose.

But fucking hell, avoiding weeks of wall of wall coverage of ‘it coming home’ is a massive relief..

For what its worth, Southgate is clearly a decent bloke and a great man manager but not the best tactician.

Edited by garynysmon

Best team in the tournament won, which at least feels like justice was served.

really feels like England are playing with 10 men whenever Kane is on the pitch though.  The tactics just don’t suit his style of play.  In 3 hours of play between the finals of euro 2020 and 2024 he touched the ball once in the opponents box.

You could have watched the whole of Wrestlemania 3, and during that time he touched the ball once in the final third.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, TibBo said:

really feels like England are playing with 10 men whenever Kane is on the pitch though.  The tactics just don’t suit his style of play.  In 3 hours of play between the finals of euro 2020 and 2024 he touched the ball once in the opponents box.

He’s the opposite of a big game player. How many cup finals he failed to turn up for and was completely anonymous for when a Tottenham player? 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Chiellini bringing out the trophy was a masterclass. I'm a very happy man tonight. It's been a tough few weeks personally but this has really, really made me smile. On their way to the final, Spain beat Italy, Croatia, Albania, Germany and France. England got past Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, Georgia, Slovakia, Switzerland and the Netherlands. A victory for football tonight,

spainchiellini.jpeg

spaintears.jpeg

spainmeme4.jpg

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members

Even the pundits were saying what a victory it is for attacking football, but the sad thing is the England team can all play with that intensity for their clubs, so why aren't they doing it at international level? 

Allardyce flippancy aside I don't M ow of an English manager who'd be able to get them playing well, since there's such a dearth of them. Graham Potter? He surely can't do any worse than he did at Chelsea, can he? 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

How many cup finals he failed to turn up for and was completely anonymous for when a Tottenham player? 

Only 2. One being the one where he was still injured and shouldn’t have been on the pitch, one being against Man City when all 11 were virtually “anonymous.”