Eurovision 2024: Malmö Calling

johnnyboy

• Paid Members

Rest of the World voting still hasn't opened (screenshot as of about 10 seconds ago).  The "family show" in the arena is this afternoon at 12:30 which is the final dry run for the Grand Final.  I'd imagine it would need to be resolved by then one way or the other as if they aren't allowed to perform in the family show then Joost won't have been involved in any of the Grand Final dress rehearsals.

image.png.59a05236af51b6affd797f3a9739f5e8.png

And nowt to do with him being heckled by Israeli media types it seems.

Seems totally disproportionate to totally remove the song from the contest.

Fair enough if you don't want the guy on stage but at least play his semifinal performance again.

Doesn't seem fair to the songwriters.

21 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

Bambi Thug missed their dress rehearsal today due to a situation that required urgent attention by the EBU. United by Music!

Wasn’t it something to do with the Israeli delegation filming people without consent, which I think breaks the law there? 

Speaking of which, getting a lot of vibes of “Please be Israel who got the guy disqualified, the bastard!! What? They had nothing to do with it? He only harassed a woman, I wanted Israel to be responsible so I don’t care he harassed a woman” from the chatterati 

Remember when Eurovision controversy was limited to "the EBU wanted to host it in Sweden for Abbas anniversary, so they rigged the jury vote against the catchy Finnish song"? What a shambles, things just keep spiralling and getting more absurd. I keep going from not really wanting to watch it due to the shit show to thinking it could be unmissable car crash telly.

• Paid Members

Just going to pipe up and say that while I don't give a mouse-sized shit about Eurovision itself, I'm intrigued to watch as it does indeed seem like car crash telly with all these developments. And without a horse in the race, I am quite hoping for Israel to win purely to witness the absolute heeds gone and seethe that would surely follow 😅

• Paid Members

Kaarija (Cha Cha Cha - Finland) and Alessandra (Queen of Kings - Norway) will no longer be revealing the points of their respective juries.

"You're good to go..."

Awkward monkey gif

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

And now the French guy is in trouble for his statement during the song in the dress rehearsal which could be classed as breaking the rules about politics at Eurovision! It's not a dull year and that's for sure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68996532

I dunno, I think the exact word I'd use to describe this is 'dull'.

They set a precedent with Russia over Ukraine, so hiding behind impartiality is bollocks and I'm sure they know it.

Just an awful mess, and another fun thing that's been swallowed by the miserable hellscape that the world has become.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

No votes from the Dutch by the looks of it. At all, not just not announced by the person who was supposed to be doing it

Nikkie Tutorials

• Paid Members

Fair play they let some boos for Israel come through. Graham commented on the reaction being "mixed" too. I figured theyd completely wash them out and ignore it.