Eurovision 2024: Malmö Calling

johnnyboy

The Finnish entry appears to be what happens when you're conceived to the Ding Dong Song. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Johnny Logan singing Euphoria is almost too much Eurovision. 

Oi, you can never have too much Eurovision! Record winner recognises record winner. 

Brought out similar chills to when Conchita sang a bit of Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi in that Netflix film during lockdown. 

• Paid Members

Thought I was in On Topic for a minute there. Bambie Thug’s spooky bollocks might be over for the shock value but you can’t beat the blue eyes baby lasagne and his woahs. He’s going over in the main.

I ended up missing a chunk of it because my dad left his keys at my house and smashed up the cover to his key safe because he couldn't remember the code on the first guess so i had to drive and meet him halfway with his keys. This meant i only got to hear the Radio 2 coverage from Bambi to Slovenia meaning I didn't get to see Baby Lasagna or Ollie, Ollie sounded knackered towards the end on the radio -  was  that part of a sexy panting thing that worked with the visuals or had he been out with Scott and Rylan on Monday night and not recovered?

Overall it was good fun, most of the good songs were on Semi 1, the Semi 2 highlight looks to be Europapa

23 hours ago, FLips said:

Thought I was in On Topic for a minute there. Bambie Thug’s spooky bollocks might be over for the shock value but you can’t beat the blue eyes baby lasagne and his woahs. He’s going over in the main.

Yeah it's over. I can't see the judges being able to hold this one back like they did Cha Cha Cha last year. Baby Lasagna is going to finish the story.

Isreals response seemed "fine" without getting people excited either way (unless there was some WWE style sound edits).

Also as a side note, am I the only person who wants to see that Finnish half time show they advertised? It looked amazing!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The sound was strangely mixed as Israel finished. I think they chucked some cheers over the top just in case. Though the crowd certainly werent as hostile as they were to Russia some years back. I remember Conchita Wurst scolding the audience from the Green room.

There's another few days for anger to rise though, but they'll prob just sweeten quiet moments and ignore it. I hate the tension of it honestly, I wish they'd politely backed out, but that would mean admitting you were at fault for something.

I never usually watch the semis but caught this and really enjoyed it. Everything in the interval was good fun. Great to see Petra Mede back, shes always good and lovely Malin Åkerman was a nice surprise too. Painfully unfunny host banter should be at a minimum this year.

Malta not getting through was a surprise it was like a best of Eurovision combined into one song, maybe going first messed them up. Czechia was well staged too. Shame.

Jemini got a three second shout out in the low scorer compilation! Also France's Moustache song thats been stuck on/off in my head for a fucking decade!

Bring on the Grand Final.

Edited by Rob Lowe