Viva le Backlash

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

LOL at the highest gate announcement getting a Stone Cold pop. “Whooo! We got massively ripped off, paying over the odds for a glorified house show!” Something for the Clash at the Castle crowd to look forward to. How much money did you make the company?

Man, this is some sore thumb cynicism. They wanted to go, paid to go, and appeared to have a lovely time. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

sore thumb cynicism 

Solo Sikoa’s fighting style. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

LOL at the highest gate announcement getting a Stone Cold pop. “Whooo! We got massively ripped off, paying over the odds for a glorified house show!” Something for the Clash at the Castle crowd to look forward to. How much money did you make the company?

Weird take that I’ve seen circulating from some braindead AEW loyalist Twatters. Wouldn’t have expected it from you though - they changed a title and debuted a new character to the storyline that both Roman and The Rock will be involved in when they return. Doesn’t sound “house show” to me.

I did look into the ticket prices for the Bash in Berlin. I was going to combine it with a holiday as I have always wanted to go to Berlin. However even the cheapest seemed to be about 500 Euros which I can't justify.

Fair play though. Clearly if people are willing to buy them they are not overpriced. 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Weird take that I’ve seen circulating from some braindead AEW loyalist Twatters. Wouldn’t have expected it from you though - they changed a title and debuted a new character to the storyline that both Roman and The Rock will be involved in when they return. Doesn’t sound “house show” to me.

The card screamed glorified TV episode rather than Premium Live Event. The fact it seems people think it over delivered is a great thing. But both views are valid

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I still see People say Clash at the Castle was a “glorified house show” despite having a heel turn and TWO debuts.

• Paid Members

The one thing this card really showed was that you don't need a card full of bangers to send the crowd home happy. Those frogs have hopped off just as happy as if they'd seen a 7 star classic. WWE is the draw, not any of the matches. The German crowd at the Berlin show will want to top it because of the natural rivalry with the French so I'd imagine you'll be able to hear them in London. 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I did look into the ticket prices for the Bash in Berlin. I was going to combine it with a holiday as I have always wanted to go to Berlin. However even the cheapest seemed to be about 500 Euros which I can't justify.

Fair play though. Clearly if people are willing to buy them they are not overpriced. 

Off-topic, but I’d highly recommend it. There’s loads to do, it’s not massively expensive and it’s really easy to get about while you’re there. 

28 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

WWE is the draw, not any of the matches.

Back on topic, and this is spot on. WWE is a bit lacking on star power thanks to damage done during the McMahon era, but they’ve done a great job of making the most of what they do have, and of putting the groundwork in place to create matches you actually do want to see. Who on earth would have suggested McIntyre vs Punk as a serious draw even one year ago, for example?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The card screamed glorified TV episode rather than Premium Live Event.

Three world title matches, a women's tag title change and a major-ish debut in a match featuring two or three main eventers. How many TV episodes contain that?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Three world title matches, a women's tag title change and a major-ish debut in a match featuring two or three main eventers. How many TV episodes contain that?

Raw Day 1 from January of this year https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Day_1_(2024)

Championship Monday https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-raw-results-june-22nd-2020-winners-grades-video-highlights-latest-monday-night-raw

Smackdown’s 20th Anniversary https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown's_20th_Anniversary

And those one just ones I remember (you have you 500, 1000 shows, retro nights, 10, 20, 30th anniversary shows etc). And they weren’t charging premium ticket prices (obviously Championship Monday is the exception there as a Covid show).

Maybe it’s because one of those title defences is for a shit secondary title no one cares for (Not Priests fault, but it’s a nothing title. The Chelsea FC of world titles). Fact is when you are charging Wrestlemania prices for tickets, I expect juicier matches than that. Just looking and the show had 5 matches and ran under 3 hours. Again, if you’re charging premium prices I’d expect more.

But clearly people are content with that, so I don’t begrudge anyone who thought they got their moneys worth either watching or paying for a ticket. It’s just an opinion.