It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

56 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Look, lads. You can dislike her if you want, but just know that you’re wrong. Extremely wrong.

There have been people on here, me included, who’ve confessed to getting emotional watching Cody’s moment. Why? Because we’re fans who’ve invested in the human, reality element of the business. She is clearly no different and no matter how much people will say “she needs to stay professional”, it just doesn’t work like that if that’s in your make-up as a human being. And these guys work and live their lives together so have that connection to each other. What some are criticising is what makes the business special for me still.

Michael Cole had emotion in his voice too. He told Cody “I love you” when he hugged him at the end. No issue with that either.

• Paid Members

There's way too many posts to trail through, but I actually loved Irvin getting emotional over the weekend. It really didn't seem forced to me and played off as genuine, she seems like a fan, she seems like she is genuinely close to a lot of the wrestlers.

Michael Cole getting emotional talking about how long he's known Cody and how much he loves wrestling is up there too.

Honestly it was overall a bloody brilliant weekend of moments and I'm excited to see RAW tonight and honestly I didn't feel that way 12 months ago after last year's WrestleMania. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Every wrestlemania, they play some kind of hype video for the next, except (unless I missed it), there wasn’t one this year.

Wonder if they’re reconsidering the plan originally, and looking to go somewhere potentially not cold, given how it made the crowd on Night 1?

I don’t think you missed anything - I don’t remember seeing that, but presumably contracts will have been signed and switching would be a challenge given the magnitude of the event (assuming it’s due to take place somewhere that’s on the chillier side).

When do tickets typically go on sale for the following year?

• Paid Members

Can’t believe on a Wrestlemania that all in all was something like 9 hours long and had Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso doing nothing superkicks and splashes for a lifetime, that someone would look at the ring announcer getting emotional and say it was the worst part of the show. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

And I get that, I guess I just don't like obviously forced and fake reactions. She doesn't have to be Morgan Freeman but maybe act like an actual human?

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Quality.

Why are they filming him? Why is he fake crying at the wrestling? Worst part of the show.

Quality.

I came here to post the same thing. Incredible stuff.

Lord only knows where they go from here.

That 'what do you want to talk about?' might bring the roof down..

2 minutes ago, FLips said:

Can’t believe on a Wrestlemania that all in all was something like 9 hours long and had Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso doing nothing superkicks and splashes for a lifetime, that someone would look at the ring announcer getting emotional and say it was the worst part of the show. 

They're also forgetting the band that played Rhea out very quickly!

• Paid Members

Yep I’m team Samantha Irvin on this one. Same with some of the swearing and outbursts from Mcafee and Cole, they all felt like people getting carried away and excited with the emotion of it all, which is what we all want to do when wrestling it at its best. I just can’t see that as a bad thing. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Fake tears from Logan too. Disgusting.

Or maybe it was the biggest crescendo the company has ever done, the most satisfying conclusion to a multi-year long story, and everyone lost their minds with emotion. Particularly those who know Cody personally.

The best. When it’s good it’s fucking great.

Edited by Supremo

Quality.

God knows how many times I’ll rewatch that final stretch of the main event in the coming days and weeks. It was just magical. 

I know a few people have said it already, but thank god for Michael Cole. When I started watching wrestling, it was Smackdown on Sky One. I loved the team of Cole and Tazz, and in 2024, I honestly think he’s one of the best things about how WWE presents pro wrestling. He’s really bloody good at what he does.