It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

it looks to me like Sami getting slotted in here is similar to Daniel Bryan being added to Edge vs. Roman Reigns when that story wasn't going well - WWE thought "well, people love this guy" and saw crowbarring him into the story as a quick fix, but a decent sized chunk of the audience almost turned on him over it because they saw "getting added to Triple Threat matches" as becoming Daniel Bryan's schtick, at the expense of the person they felt "earned it". You can't be the babyface underdog if you're getting handed opportunities.

From WWE's perspective, I'm guessing they saw Chad Gable as a dependable sympathetic babyface to get heat on, for Sami to step up in time for the actual match. It's a shame, because while I think Sami and Gunther will have a phenomenal match, I think the great Wrestlemania visual in that match would have been Chad Gable hitting the Chaos Theory on Gunther. 

• Paid Members

Just a thought I had. If Otis is teaming with Tozawa instead of Gable in qualifiers for the tag team clusterfuck, might Gable still get added to the ICT match?

18 hours ago, air_raid said:

Just a thought I had. If Otis is teaming with Tozawa instead of Gable in qualifiers for the tag team clusterfuck, might Gable still get added to the ICT match?

I wondered the same. Can’t see how Gable gets overlooked for something significant now Trips has the book instead of ‘he who shall not be named’. No way he ends up in the ‘fill the card schmoz-fest’ surely!

19 hours ago, air_raid said:

I'm hoping Tozawa get's taken out by someone and Gable and Otis then qualify for the ladder match.

IC title should be a straight one on one, we already have one 3 way for the US title we don't need another.

What do we have left to be added to Mania? Think it's 10 confirmed now, so guessing another 4 to make it 7 matches per night?

Rey vs Santos, Womens Tag Title, another Womens single's and then i can see some multi man match between Kross and Lashey's teams.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

RAW SPOILERS AHEAD, STOP READING NOW

Well, because there's nothing I enjoy more than listing a card, here's what's "on tap" (ugh) at the minute ;

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes
Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns & The Rock
Gunther vs Sami Zayn
Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch
LA Knight vs AJ Styles
Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso
Logan Paul vs Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens
Io Sky vs Bayley
LADDER MATCH Finn Balor & Damien Priest vs ????????

Anything that anyone feels will be added? I think there's at least one more women's match to be added. A load of them (as usual) are a bit lost in the shuffle. Liv came back at the Rumble, has she done anything since? Belair also feels like she's dropped off a cliff considering she was the next face of the division until she was dramatically overtaken by Mami. If there isn't a tag title match added or the Belair vs Cargill match I wanted, I'd think Belair vs Morgan vs Nia vs Cargill with the winner getting a title shot at their brand's champion would look decent on the bill. But there's probably more names they'd squeeze into a clusterfuck like that, like they did last year.

Edited by air_raid

14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

LADDER MATCH Finn Balor & Damien Priest vs The Awesome Truth vs New Day vs DIY vs LDF vs Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate

Thought those two had only won qualifiers on Smackdown to advance to the next round rather than straight into the ladder match?

Can see two more Women's matches, Tag title and a single maybe Liv vs Nia or something? and two more Men's matches - Rey vs Santos and Lashley & SP vs Kross & AOP.

Can't see anything else at this point, biggest shame is Gable missing out. Him and Otis would have been great in that ladder match.