It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My point was she looked no better, or worse than when she left AEW. They didn’t put her straight on TV, and she reported straight to the PC. They wouldn’t have done that if they thought she was ready. The art is a great place to debut, but she’s not been seen properly since. Why?

Her mother passed away at the end of last year. There may well have been different plans, as they were certainly making sure she was around publicly after signing. After any delay it certainly made sense to save a debut for the Rumble. I don't know if there's been any particular follow up the last couple of weeks, but I did see a supposed spoiler for plans this weekend.

I think they've also been smart in keeping her around here and there but not overexposing her or giving her too much to do. It was clear from the Rumble that she has that 'special attraction' type vibe to her and people have brought into that, so no harm in keeping that going for a while. You could argue that a lot of talent get used far too often and it doesn't hurt to have a Roman-esque big time feel to someone like Jade.

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think I’d hoped she’d have been in the running for a big time mania match. As someone who enjoyed her in AEW I was hoping she was going to be more Cody than Alexis King/Brian Pullman Jr. I appreciate that people felt she was green in AEW and she was booked to cover her weaknesses, but when you have someone pushed as much as Nia Jax on the roster you’d think they could easily give Jade a decent push and be able to protect her.

Oh she's definitely more than Lexis King. She's been presented like an absolute megastar every time they've featured her, and was made to look really dominant in the Rumble. Unless she does or says something stupid - always a possibility - I would be really surprised if she wasn't viewed as one of the biggest stars in WWE in the very near future. If you happened to (inexplicably) be a Lexis King fan, I'd maybe be concerned about where he might land; but Jade is going to be just fine. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As someone who enjoyed her in AEW I was hoping she was going to be more Cody than Alexis King/Brian Pullman Jr.

Oh come on. That's a completely disingenuous comparison and you know it.

It's a Royal Rumble match. It's all people doing big spots when they first come in and then the rest of the time standing round looking stupid while the next person comes in and does spots. It was the perfect place to ease her into action.

Then she'll get a big Mania match and people will be either "Oh we told you she was shit / not ready!" or "Oh we told you they should have done something better with her by now!"

• Paid Members

Yeah I think they’ve done a tremendous job with Jade so far. Her Rumble appearance will be in my highlights of the year without question. They’re building the hype, she’s been booked as a massive deal and they have any number of interesting directions to get to when the time is right. It’s a far cry from beating up jobbers for the secondary women’s title. I am a big fan of both AEW and Jade, but she is definitely a case where I think the WWE system is infinitely more suited to getting the best out of her and I’m confident that they will. 

With the way they are heading i could see something like this as a lineup over the two nights...

Roman/Rock vs Seth/Cody

WWE Title - Roman vs Cody

World Title - Seth vs Drew

WWE Women's - Sky vs Bayley

World Women's - Rhea vs Becky

IC Title - Gunther vs Sami Zayn

US Title - Logan Paul vs Owens

Men's Tag - JD vs Awesome Truth

Women's Tag - Kabuki Warriors vs Bianca/Jade

Jimmy vs Jey

LA Knight vs AJ Styles

Santos vs Rey (or a multi man match with both factions)

Still lots of names left off not sure where they go with Orton, Lashley (hopefully his stuff with Kross is done by then), Solo, Nakamura, Andrade etc.

Maybe two more "Wrestlemania Showcase" matches like last year to get some tag teams/women on the card.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Still lots of names left off not sure where they go with Orton, Lashley (hopefully his stuff with Kross is done by then), Solo, Nakamura, Andrade etc.

If you have have Jimmy vs Jey as a one on one and don't squeeze Randy into the business of AJ or Drew, potentially this is left as a singles. Ew.

• Paid Members

In terms of building Solo up, I'm not against that match. Give him a decisive win like he got against Cena and that's two huge notches in his belt. The new Legend Killer.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nuts that Solo murdered John Cena and no one cares. Poor Cena. 

Law of diminishing returns. John's been losing to whoever's new for so long now that people have stopped noticing. When he lost to Bray on the way to winning the feud in the end, they did. When he lost to Rusev on the way to winning the feud in the end, they did. When he lost clean to AJ, it was massive. But every time he's lost a pin in the years he's been coming and going, to Nakamura, to Balor, to Reigns more than once, it means less and less.

Or... if Austin Theory can beat you, anyone can.

No Cena at all this Wrestlemania.  I do miss the chap, and I completely agree that he should be coming back and beating people, otherwise where's the kudos of facing him?

37 minutes ago, Loki said:

No Cena at all this Wrestlemania.  I do miss the chap, and I completely agree that he should be coming back and beating people, otherwise where's the kudos of facing him?

But surely if he came back, and started to get some wins, over people that are full timers, and they built him up again, to the point that a win over Cena means something again, people would shit over it as him coming in, burying people, and then going back to Hollywood?

• Paid Members

Losing to Cena doesn’t have to be perceived as a burial. They call him “The Greatest of All Time” after all. Mixing it up with Cena at all should provide some sort of rub even they don’t beat him. Austin Theory is rubbish, but in principle someone at his level narrowly losing to Cena wouldn’t be a burial. If he gives them respect and acknowledges that they took him to his limit etc. Or if he comes in to be someone’s partner and they win a super team up tag match, so the other person gets the benefit of the Cena win as well. 

I like them using him to give people statement victories as that can also be a great use of a returning legend, but you don’t want to lower his stock too much or you end up devaluing both wins and losses against him.