Wrestling Podcasts 2024

Merzbow

I noticed we didn't have a thread for this year.

Foley has called it quits and his last episode dropped and likely got damaged today, you could see it coming as more and more episodes were just best ofs or compilations on a certain subject rather than anything new.

And of course a few of Conrad's shows are all about Vince, I doubt Mick wanted to touch that with how much he's had his nose up McMahon's arse over the life of his show.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to Jarrett's podcast on Vince yet, because I can't think of anyone less suited to discuss an issue like that than Conrad "gee what a story" Thompson with the world's least sincere voice talking about coercion and abuse in-between ad reads for Blue Chew. How has the Conradverse been on this, does anyone know?

I'm not sure if anyone else has listened to the initial breaking news segment on the Jim cornette podcast where they are going through the Vince situation and the horrendous detail's while both absolutely pissing themselves laughing, honestly it's so bad.

They did a follow up which talked about it all in a serious and disgusted manner while also apologizing for the breaking news episode where they were reading on the new York times?? Website or whatever where they attempt to say they didn't know the full details and how true and real it all was, it was the case of reading it all on that sort of website that tickled them. 

Honestly Jim now seems genuinely disgusted to have even known or worked for him but it still doesn't take away from that ladddy ladddy initial reaction which they were both pissing laughing.

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

How has the Conradverse been on this, does anyone know?

I've heard little bits from Bischoff's. Basically just calls the allegations sickening and expects it all to drag on for a long time and be very damaging to WWE one way or another. Don't think Prichard has commented yet (and is due for triceps surgery). I also don't expect him to do so directly, to be honest, but I guess we'll see. 

• Paid Members

Further to @Merzbow post in the Vince thread, POST wrestling is my favourite wrestling podcast. I nominated them in the awards for 2023. 

You may have heard of The LAW radio show / podcast from years ago, POST wrestling kind of started when LAW died, with John Pollock and Wai Ting leading.

They have a wide variety of shows, some behind a paywall but most not. Check them out 

1 minute ago, waters44 said:

Further to @Merzbow post in the Vince thread, POST wrestling is my favourite wrestling podcast. I nominated them in the awards for 2023. 

You may have heard of The LAW radio show / podcast from years ago, POST wrestling kind of started when LAW died, with John Pollock and Wai Ting leading.

They have a wide variety of shows, some behind a paywall but most not. Check them out 

Yeah POST is excellent.  They're the only wrestling "news" type podcast I subscribe to as they really know their stuff whilst also coming across as two genuinely great guys.  I'm not a huge fan of the ancillary hosts they have across their other shows, but they're not awful by any means. 

Sad to see Foley's end as he is still a great storyteller and the first few months of his podcast were up there with Jarrett's (by far the best Conrad show) for me, but sounds like he's winding down a lot of appearances etc.  

Bruce is meant to be recording with Conrad tomorrow, as has been said doubt he'll say much as they "don't discuss current stuff" but may be a slight soundbite.

Bischoffs talked about it a fair bit, both were just saying how sickening it is etc, both he and Conrad didn't come across too bad to be fair.

Always listen to Jarretts on my Saturday morning walk so will see what he has to say tomorrow, can't imagine Jarrett going much further than Bischoff.

• Paid Members
On 2/2/2024 at 5:43 PM, CTXRussomark said:

Yeah POST is excellent.  They're the only wrestling "news" type podcast I subscribe to as they really know their stuff whilst also coming across as two genuinely great guys.  I'm not a huge fan of the ancillary hosts they have across their other shows, but they're not awful by any means. 

Thirding the praise for POST. Followed John and Wai after the LAW collapse and they’re the only wrestling podcasts I listen to. Even subbed to the Patreon, which I haven’t done for any other podcasts. I find them very relatable as they’re almost exactly my age and seem like people I’d get along with, but they also take the journalism side of the job very seriously. They do their best to avoid commenting on gossip or baseless rumours and I trust them as a news source as well as enjoying listening to their opinions. Some of the Review a Wai episodes of retro shows and wrestling obscurities are great fun too. 

I feel for them at the moment as they’re having to deal with complete chuds on all their social accounts. They had a woman on their show talking about how it’s not as simple as removing Vince because there is a cultural issue there? WOKE. They asked Dana White to comment on Sean Strickland’s bigoted rantings? WOKE. 

In terms of the other guest hosts and spin off shows, Braden Herrington is a rambling white noise machine but I don’t mind the rest of the crew and I enjoy Nate Milton in particular. 

But yeah, anyway, POST wrestling is great. 

Edited by JLM

• 1 month later...

Good ole Wrestle Me. They keep me sane sometimes. One of the only things besides our Millard that I can afford to support on Patreon. The 12 days of Wrestle Me-Mas and the recent run of videos to go with their best bits are so good. I recommend the Tag Team two partner they just put out about Piper and Jesse Ventura's absurdly bad and wonderful TV pilot.

• 3 weeks later...