Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

On 5/31/2024 at 2:33 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I've just looked it up to be sure and there is a third criteria I didn't know about. You have to be a resident of the US for 14 years. 

I'm sure you have to be born a united States citizen, hence arnie not running. 

My only prediction for this documentary is if Cody Rhodes features, he'll come out of it looking better than everyone else currently or previously employed by the WWE.

For a man who I love predominantly because he's SUCH an alien, he's one of the few high profile wrestlers who comes across as a normal, empathetic human at times of tragedy or grief or sadness.

This whole thing is shit, and ill watch.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SwayWays said:

I'm sure you have to be born a united States citizen, hence arnie not running. 

You do, but you also have to be resident in the US for 14 years. We were talking about Boris Johnson. He was born in the US but he wasn't resident for all that time so he couldn't be president. 

Yikes.

If the trailer's an indicator, the tone of it looks to be "Wrestling's so weird you don't know what's real, who knows what this big weirdo's really like? Oh and also he might have done some awful, awful things." 

I assume a lot of the talking heads as well may have been interviewed before the stories broke, since this was being worked on for awhile? It kind of muddies up the important context of being able to see who is still properly cozying up to him. It's cozying up anyway you slice it, but there's obviously a before and after here as well. 

It's probably going to be wall to wall in-character clips of Vince goofing about being Mr. Burns, presented as the awful real him to the trivialisation of the much more awful, actual real him. 

• Paid Members

I reckon it will be 5 episodes of look at what he did, look at the success, but wrestlings really weird and then it ends on him having to step aside and episode 6 will be the downfall and we'll see none of the Cena's, Rocks or Hogans in it. 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

I reckon it will be 5 episodes of look at what he did, look at the success, but wrestlings really weird and then it ends on him having to step aside and episode 6 will be the downfall and we'll see none of the Cena's, Rocks or Hogans in it. 

And hopefully just a full solid hour of Bret.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Almost certainly.

Not least because that's the structure of most Netflix docu-series, but as alluded to by several posters, much of the footage/talking heads will be from before the scandals broke and when this was a day-in-the-life/fly-on-the-wall (but heavily produced) look at Vince in WWE.

The pivot would be whiplash inducing and render much of their footage moot if they went in any other direction than, here's what he achieved, here's why he's controversial, turns out he's a horrific human being. To people who don't know the story, the fall is only interesting if they present the rise, I suppose. 

All we can hope is that final ep is as truly scathing as it should be of the old creepy abuser prick.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

The fact they got Rock and Cena on, tells me, this isn't gonna be the scathing look at him, but also, What else can people say about Vince? I'd rather no doc than what this appears to be.

I suspect all the prominent figures were interviews before the shit hit the fan. They’ll all suddenly disappear in the final episode, when nobody is willing to talk about the lawsuit.