Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

Paul London is live now on Rene Dupree's podcast channel and just said "this is the tip of the iceberg"... lots more to come apparently. 

Edited by herbie747

1 minute ago, herbie747 said:

Paul London is live now on Rene Dupree's podcast channel and just said "this is the tip of the iceberg"

Fuck him. And Ryback. And any other bitter ex-employee trying to make hay whilst the sun shines on their grubby little podcast circuit, talking euphemistically whilst saying absolutely nothing.

You know something? File an official complaint, contact the police, do something to contribute. Don't just gob off for attention.

Pricks.

• Paid Members

I don't know about anyone else but as soon as podcasts became a thing the first thing that popped into my mind was "God I hope Rene Dupree does one".

• Paid Members
Just now, Merzbow said:

That useless cunt on the top left should stay far away from the conversation, too. A right misogynistic little knob, I couldn't stand listening to Renee's podcast for long because of him.

Yeah James something. He's a twat. He made some comment the other evening about Brock being tempted because Sable is getting on in age. 

I don't even sub to the channel it just pops up as recommended because I watch Wrestle Me and random shoot interview clips. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The only things of any worth I can ever remember coming out of them are daft Character bits like Toni Storm challenging Wendi Richter and Jey Uso and Cody being high as kites. All that stuff could just happen on TV or backstage bits you put on Twitter. Everything else could be a three-line press release for how much proper information comes out of them.

This neglects the tangible increase in muffin sales after CM Punk at All Out. 

Oh yeah, and that other thing.

28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

At this point, I don’t even know why either WWE or AEW even bother with these post-show press conferences. It was novel when AEW first started doing it, setting them apart as the more press and fan-friendly promotion, but as time has gone on they’ve all devolved into the same thing.

Most of the, “journalists,” don’t want to ask a proper question. They’re just idiots with a big enough Twitter following that they’re allowed to fawn over their favourites in person. The promoters don’t want to answer proper questions either, as the last few examples have proven. The whole thing is just this weird, childish, semi-kayfabe circle jerk.

The only things of any worth I can ever remember coming out of them are daft Character bits like Toni Storm challenging Wendi Richter and Jey Uso and Cody being high as kites. All that stuff could just happen on TV or backstage bits you put on Twitter. Everything else could be a three-line press release for how much proper information comes out of them.

East coast PPVs can end after midnight. I have no clue talent, production or media that would want to hang around for an extra hour or two. They can easily enough do these before the event as promotional events to sell you on the show.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Yeah James something. He's a twat. He made some comment the other evening about Brock being tempted because Sable is getting on in age. 

Yeah he’s a bellend. From the clips I’ve seen from their podcast, whenever there’s a story like this he always seems to be trying to steer the conversation in the direction of the woman lying. He doesn’t outright say it but it’s always got that tone. Sure he was doing similar with the Kylie Rae/Chris Jericho story recently as well. Proper dickhead. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Fightful reporting it was the most watched Royal Rumble in the history of the event.

So, you know, nothing matters and fuck it all.

Given 30 million Peacock subscribers could watch it at no extra cost, you'd expect it to be.

However, it probably wasn't given Rumble 88 on USA did an 8.2 cable rating, which from what I can calculate would have meant it was watched in 3.5 million homes and thus most likely more than 5 million people.

3 hours ago, JNLister said:

Given 30 million Peacock subscribers could watch it at no extra cost, you'd expect it to be.

However, it probably wasn't given Rumble 88 on USA did an 8.2 cable rating, which from what I can calculate would have meant it was watched in 3.5 million homes and thus most likely more than 5 million people.

Does this assume they're being US-specific?

I've always assumed in the streaming era, they're just using the gross figure, hence all the grand proclamations every month.

13 hours ago, herbie747 said:

Paul London is live now on Rene Dupree's podcast channel and just said "this is the tip of the iceberg"... lots more to come apparently. 

He dated Ashley Massaro and has referenced some of the intimidation and harassment she received from certain executives in the company when they both worked there.

If Ashley's story gets used then, yes, I can imagine there is a lot more to come. 

I imagine if (allegedly) Christy Hemme is able to circumvent her (alleged) NDA she might have quite the story to tell too.