So, I have recently rewatched the whole lot again, for maybe the 20th time, and it has cemented itself for me in my top 5 of all time, maybe even at number one.

I can't tell you just how much I love the gang, and I know there are others on here that do too.

Sure after 16 series the quality is going to dip a bit (13 and 14 are rough) but this time around I really enjoyed the four part Ireland trip in series 15 and agree with Chest (I think thats who mentioned it) that the scene where Charlie breaks down has much more gravitas than Mac "finding his pride" (although I still love that scene)

The Gang Dines Out is probably my favourite, but I also love Mac & Dennis Move To The Suburbs a lot. 

Really this is just an excuse for me to talk about Glenn Howerton, who is one of the world's funniest men. I encourage absolutely everyone that loves the show to watch the It's Always Sunny podcast where you find out that Glenn really is Dennis without the sexual deviance.

He is such a fascinating man, and the ding dongs him and Rob have are brilliant, and I've been back through them (I think the first 15 weren't filmed so listen to them I guess) and it reiterates what a great chemistry they all have together, and how much they love each other really. The episode where they take callers is an early highlight, as is the episode where Danny joins them as he is the best.

You also find out some great tidbits like Dave Bautista was seriously considered for the role of Macs Dad, and the last episode of the last series, Dennis Takes A Mental Health Day, was inspired by the same thing happening to Glenn. He parked his Tesla in a car park and the WiFi wouldn't connect, rendering his app key useless. IDIOTS! SAVAGES!

Anyhoo, have some bloopers which always make me feel better.

And half an hour of them!

And also, never forget that Dennis co-wrote Dayman, AND came up with the melodies and Charlie gets all the bloody credit.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

So, I have recently rewatched the whole lot again, for maybe the 20th time, and it has cemented itself for me in my top 5 of all time, maybe even at number one

Wow, you think it might be better than 2 Broke Girls??

As I said to you, I’m going to restart this and power through the first season. I’ll keep you updated. 

That's a fabulous write up @SuperBacon. The show is definitely one of my all time favourites, I love every one of the gang and so many of the side characters - Snail, the McPoyles, Artemis, Cricket - it's always hard to disassociate them from their Sunny characters when they show up in something else. Far too many of my popular culture references are Sunny related.

I was lucky enough to see the live recording of the podcast at the Albert Hall last year, getting tickets was hard work but so worth it.

TIL there was/is a Russians version of Sunny called 'Its always Sunny in Moscow' and the bar is called Philadelphia 

10 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Uncle Jack

Him and Charlie is always a delight together. 

There's a fantastic moment in I think the episode where Dennis turns Mac and Charlie's Mum into a sitcom where Jack turns up to get a hard drive that he's been hiding under the floorboards 😆

• Paid Members

Absolutely love Always Sunny. I find Season 1 and the Ireland season a bit ropey but nearly everything else is just brilliant.

I know it's on the nose but The Nightman Cometh might just be one of the best episodes of a sitcom ever made. It's in the same league as The Office for me where I enjoy so much of it it's hard to pick out favourite bits because they're just so frequent.

12 minutes ago, FLips said:

and the Ireland season a bit ropey

Honestly felt this way up until this last rewatch, but this time I really enjoyed those 4 like I said. The rest of the series is a bit...yeah, its hit and miss. More miss to be honest.

But Dennis getting Covid was great. 

• Paid Members

The gang toured The Nightman Cometh around the US some fifteen years back. The full show from Hollywood is up on YouTube and I cannot recommend it enough:

Frank Reynolds is my absolute goat in sitcom characters. Just watch him in the Frank’s Little Beauties episode, he is a joy from start to finish. I thought I was going to pass out laughing the first time I seen him singing about not diddling kids with his bloody face.

Boiling denim and banging hoors, the sweetest life two guys could ever have together.