• Paid Members

I think the episode that encapsulates the whole show is "The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention". It's an absolutely insane and perfect episode.

Picking a favourite episode would be pretty impossible but my short list would be: the children's beauty pageant,  Frank's intervention, the first Boggs airplane challenge, the road trip, and the Jersey Shore trip.

I love this show so much. I think the latter seasons are pretty ropey but I'm very forgiving of them just because I love hanging out with the gang even if the episodes are nowhere near the level they used to be.

I don't think I've ever laughed as much at anything ever as I did at Frank in the beauty pageant episode. It's just a tour de force from DeVito in this one. His delivery on the line "I'm not attracted to any of them, and that's the way it is" is my favourite line delivery I've seen from anything. His increasing ghoulishness with the bloody nose and corpse makeup, his constant terror that people will think he's a diddler and then being caught on microphone telling a mortician that when he's dead he doesn't care if people bang and then eat his corpse because a dead body is a piece of trash... I had to pause every few minutes on my first viewing because I was laughing so hard and that's never happened to me before.

Edited by LaGoosh

DeVito is immense in Sunny, do Americans have national treasures or is that a British thing? Because he is one. He is so so good as Frank, I sometimes forget that Danny is not like that in real life!

• Paid Members

I wasn't a fan of Mac's dance either but Charlie in Ireland broke me. Incredible performance.

Favourite episodes are either the 'Wildcard' episode, the high school reunion, the musical/gang turns black episode or the 'who did the shit?' episode. But season 2-10 are filled with so many strong episodes. The Gang Broke Dee and the waterpark episode up there too.

I've also got a soft spot for season 14. The zoo episode, the film noir episode and laser tag episode are all great at a time when they could be forgiven for phoning it in.

Favourite blooper is 'Stop Charlie! This game has gone on long enough!' which has worked it's way into my common vocabulary. Special mention to 'He doesn't even get us, man' 'We were talking about you!' which is an incredible bit of improv.

23 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Favourite blooper is 'Stop Charlie! This game has gone on long enough!' which has worked it's way into my common vocabulary.

Yep. I walk around all the time saying to myself "Storp Chorlay. These game as gorn orn lorng enuff"

It's the way he says Charlie that's the funniest. 

On 1/24/2024 at 7:41 PM, SuperBacon said:

where you find out that Glenn really is Dennis without the sexual deviance.

On an episode of the podcast Glenn reveals there is a list of things he's always wanted to do/experience.

Dennis, sorry Glenn lists: properly kicking in a door, ripping open a massive bag of coke and trying it out on his gums, what it would feel like to sink in quicksand and finally, what it would feel like being chloroformed. 

He is pure Reynolds.

• Paid Members

They go to an anti-abortion rally to meet girls.  Constantly depraved and I love it.

Possibly the only sitcom to get a new cast member in the second season and it gets better.

Artemis has just shown up in a TV series I'm watching as the Vice President of the USA. I can not take her seriously, I laugh every time she is on the screen and it is not a comedy.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

Once Danny finishes up/dies then its done I think. You cant go back to the four of them. As good as they are, its the 5 of them that make it. You cant lose the dynamic. Devito's greatest ever role, too. And I've seen everything he's ever done and loved it all. Well, most.

Its my number one show ever. Maybe 1-A with the Larry Sanders Show which is the perfect.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah Frank is key to the whole thing for sure. It'll feel empty without him. I think Devito retiring and maybe doing a Frank funeral episode or something like that is probably the natural ending point for the show and a good way to conclude it. Even the later seasons which haven't been anywhere near as good, he's usually the highlight. 

Edited by LaGoosh

@Chest Rockwell You can imagine how happy I was when Glenn turned up on the pod in this t-shirt. 

spacer.png

Having so much fun watching the podcasts and have watched them most nights and going to sleep. Listening to Glenn while I drift in and out of consciousness is my jam.

I love spending time with them all, and plus I really fancy Megan Ganz.

The live show recording from the US shows was a lot fun. Chaotic, with some very funny appearances.

• 2 weeks later...