WWE Channel 5 / 5 Action / My5 - where is it?

The TV offerings usually change as of the turn of the year, so while I’ve no reputable information on this, I would imagine this has occurred with the WWE Channel 5 shows. I know NXT has been removed from TNT Sports and moved to the Network, so perhaps a similar thing has happened to the recap shows?

• Paid Members

They dropped them from the main Channel 5 due to disappointing viewing figures didn’t they?

Mad to think that most kids would gave given their eye teeth to have WWF on free tv in the 90’s, yet by the time they finally got round to it the audience wasn’t there.

Given BT is a very niche channel, surely WWE’s television visibility hasn’t been this low since the explosion of the Premier League and everyone getting sky in 1992?

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Mad to think that most kids would gave given their eye teeth to have WWF on free tv in the 90’s, yet by the time they finally got round to it the audience wasn’t there.

It is, and it isn't. Sitting in front of the telly to watch a program when the channel airs it, is somewhat of a dying concept outside of live broadcasts. In the 90s the Internet wasn't much use to the kids unless they wanted to use some of their time on the family PC downloading 20 second avi files of just the finish to a match or Sable taking her top off. Today anyone with a phone or tablet can figure out how to Watch all the Wrestling they want to, when they want to.

44 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It is, and it isn't. Sitting in front of the telly to watch a program when the channel airs it, is somewhat of a dying concept outside of live broadcasts. In the 90s the Internet wasn't much use to the kids unless they wanted to use some of their time on the family PC downloading 20 second avi files of just the finish to a match or Sable taking her top off. Today anyone with a phone or tablet can figure out how to Watch all the Wrestling they want to, when they want to.

Ha, I randomly had a flashback to this the other day. For me it was Austin hitting Vince with the stunner for the first time.

I'm sad to see WWE end it's Free to Air shows though. 

Tnt sports is too pricey for me so it's either catch YouTube or.. 

Go on Scott Standford on wwe network Tell me what happened on Raw.. 

it's like Mania on sky one all over again 

4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

The excitement for watching Heat on a Sunday afternoon on Channel 4 was unreal. A true golden era.

4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

They dropped them from the main Channel 5 due to disappointing viewing figures didn’t they?

Given BT is a very niche channel, surely WWE’s television visibility hasn’t been this low since the explosion of the Premier League and everyone getting sky in 1992?

TIL there’s no such thing as ‘high teeth’.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, jaygoose said:

it's like Mania on sky one all over again 

Don't be daft. Mania was all the matches on Raw with less adverts and more Todd Pettengill. We didn't miss anything.

I always remember it cutting away with that horrible graphic... 

But yeah.. that was the dude Todd. 

After that "Jack has got your back".. on experience... If we're lucky we got a pg smackdown cut.. 

But always got the fantastic WWF Metal.. 

Edited by jaygoose

I'm wondering now with the nxt news and the Fta replays gone.. 

How long is left to play on the TNT / BT deal. The press statements at the time only said multi year. 

I'm sure it was mentioned in one of those investors calls they do that the renewal for the UK was up soon 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jaygoose said:

I'm wondering now with the nxt news and the Fta replays gone.. 

How long is left to play on the TNT / BT deal. The press statements at the time only said multi year. 

I'm sure it was mentioned in one of those investors calls they do that the renewal for the UK was up soon 

I think it was a 5 year deal which if so expires the end of this year. It certainly wasn’t doing much for BT Sport in terms of subscribers, I have no idea if they would be interested in re-signing or if they would try and go back to Sky.