AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

For everyone that's decided Max Caster is completely shit all the sudden, here's Bowens & Caster hitting a nice home run. For all the guff they seem to be getting, they're still a damn sight more relevant and interesting than Private Party or Top Flight, two other acts that have been around for donkeys in AEW TV years. LOVE the digs at FTR. I think whenever they call it a day you've got a great babyface and a shithead heel coming out if this duo.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Regardless of what anyone thought or thinks of Osprey prior to joining AEW, or even still for that matter, there's absolutely no denying he's been a tremendous signing for AEW and is definitely in the right place where he is. 

Whether he's trying to prove the 'running from the grind' bollocks wrong, or has genuinely grown as a person, he's exactly where he needs to be and is putting a serious shift in for the company as a whole.

Easily in the Top 5 AEW signings so far. 

I think my Top 5 signings since the creation (outside of people from the first episode / All Out) are:

1. Moxley

2. Danielson

3. Christian

4. Osprey

5. Swerve

Edited by Nick James

8 hours ago, Chili said:

For everyone that's decided Max Caster is completely shit all the sudden, here's Bowens & Caster hitting a nice home run. 

Folk on here always need to have someone to call shit every other day.

From Ziggler, Cesaro, Ospreay, Rollins, now Caster.

Best not to take much notice of them.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I wonder if Pac will cash his title shot in on the Dynamite in Cardiff just to add a bit of intrigue to that show? As good as he is, I just don't find him very interesting at the moment

Possibly a hot take but I don't think Pac is actually very good. He's pretty good but I don't think he's shown anything to deserve a big push during his time in AEW. He's a solid mid carder and not much more.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Possibly a hot take but I don't think Pac is actually very good. He's pretty good but I don't think he's shown anything to deserve a big push during his time in AEW. He's a solid mid carder and not much more.

I think he's great in-ring but one of those people that AEW has outgrown, sadly. Everything good that he does, there's someone on the roster who does it better.

I also don't think the stop-start pushes have helped at all - party Khan's fault, partly through injuries/travel issues etc. But it does seem they've got everything out of him they could have.

• Paid Members

Ah that is a brilliant move, should do a her a ton of good. In lieu of house show reps etc. AEW should definitely consider the Japanese learning excursion method more often for some of their younger talents. I read that Anna Jay has still only had 100 or so matches in 4 years, and to be fair a lot of them have been 2 minute squashes which barely count. A Japanese women’s wrestler floating around Stardom/TJPW etc. can easily work 100+ matches in one year. 

• Paid Members
On 7/25/2024 at 5:34 PM, FLips said:

I don't watch AEW anymore these days but I saw the clip of Alex Marvez screaming in Will Ospreay's car and I couldn't stop replaying it for ages. AAHHHHHH.

Oh god this got me too. Laughed out loud and rewatched it a bunch of times. It also felt like a real throwback to when male backstage interviewers were tweeted like dweebs by the wrestlers. Like the babyface version of Okada's "SING IT!" bit. 

Dynamite 24/07/24

I liked the opening segment. MJF still can't help himself with the try-hard edgelord quips, but other than that this was better than his past few promos for me. The entrance was great and the blatant lies about how easy it was to beat Ospreay are good heel schtick. A custom belt is very on brand for Max, and him suddenly deciding he's going full Mr. America purely to wind up Ospreay and the UK audience ahead of All In makes perfect sense. I knew Nashville would start chanting USA and he'd have to shut them down though. Americans are funny. I look forward to an even more over the top pro-USA entrance at Wembley. Ospreay sounded good and kept it simple this time. He doesn't need to have a rap battle with MJF; he sounded pissed off, fired up and he got the message across. Much better. 

Suzuki/Jericho was brilliant. The heat when Jericho stopped the chop exchange was amazing, and Suzuki's aura and physical charisma are timeless, I love him so much. It would make no sense and there was 0% chance of it happening, but after that Codebreaker kick out I wanted him to win the FTW title so badly. I wanted Hook/Joe/Shibata to have better opponents at Wembley, but after this I'm really up for @pol_pot_rick suggestion of Hook/Joe/Shibata vs Jericho and Pals in a stadium stampede at Wembley, as long as we also get Suzuki on the team. Imagine the 50,000 strong Kaze Ni Nare for his entrance too. Magic. 

Nice and simple backstage sneak attack on Willow. Stokeley is a fantastic little shit in this role. 

Jeff Jarrett, sensational, don't know what else to say about the man. 

I enjoyed Shida/Baker a lot. Britt definitely looked clumsy at times, but some of the transitions not being the smoothest added to the sense of struggle. As  @Lorne Malvo alluded to, they struggle to work with each other and yet somehow bring out the best in each other at the same time. Also the heat was tremendous for it and Shida was excellent. Awesome new gear, wrestling with a big chip on her shoulder and showing more fire and intensity than I've seen from her in ages. Great introduction for Kamille. One small nit-pick was Mercedes wearing such gigantic heels that it detracted from the height difference. 

What the hell is this Patriarchy dunking on Kip Sabian business about? Is it because he's British and he's going to mess with them in some way at All In? Would anyone care when he hasn't done anything for such a long time? Puzzled by this. 

"Can these team mates co-exist" is a tired trope in wrestling, but I appreciated Darby and The Acclaimed not bending the knee for Swerve and acknowledging their histories. It's the sort of long-term attention to detail AEW does well. Also gave Mark Briscoe another opportunity to be the greatest once again. 

Mixed feelings on the Mariah stuff. I actually quite liked the new theme, gear and more vicious/sadistic in-ring style.. I do enjoy unnecessary roughness against a jobber. Carrying the shoe was also a brilliant touch. I was just thinking "this is a decent first week and they've got a full month to build on this" and then they completely blew their wad on the Toni Storm return! Toni Storm's unhinged shrieking delivery and the line "ARE YOU PREPARED TO DIIIIE?" were outstanding, but yeah, an utterly baffling decision to bring her back this early. Gobsmacked. Feels like a massive misplay to me but maybe RJ City has some magic in store.  

Blood and Guts was wonderful. What an incredible match. As much as I was hankering for it, I totally agrees with the sentiments that Hangman vs Swerve at Wembley would have been a waste. This feud is pro wrestling perfection. I can't very well slam AEW for spaffing the Toni Storm return up the wall, then demand Swerve/Hangman for the title this soon after Hangman's return. Everything between these two was perfect. Even the timing of Hangman jumping Swerve during his entrance. Like OF COURSE that's what was going to happen, yet it still somehow caught me off guard. Normally I'd be thinking "why did the streetwise babyface not see this coming?" But I got jump scared by Hangman myself! Nuclear heat, juuust enough of them facing off and getting into it but still leaving us wanting so much more. They had one of the best matches I've ever seen last year, one that felt like it transcended pro wrestling to me, but the program feels so unbelievably hot now that I can genuinely see them reaching those heights again. What an exciting prospect. 

Loved Bowens getting stuck right in and having some brilliant heroic moments. Using actual scissors was such an obvious idea, yet I was still delighted and surprised by it. Darby was booked flawlessly as well. The only candidate to be the outnumbered guy at the start, got to do a scorpion death drop, secured his match for All In, had some highlight reel high spots *and* ultimately brought home the win for the team. It's hilarious that he can win by threat of immolation because he has literally set Jack Perry on fire before so everyone believes he'll do it. Completely absurd but I bloody love it. I am so, so glad he had to cancel the Mount Everest trip! 

Double J's assist was lovely stuff, Nick Jackson was a fantastic prick throughout. The microphone being introduced and used at key moments during the match was really well done. Okada's sign was amazing, avoiding any plunder spots aside from a staple to the middle finger was spot on. Hysterical way to take him out of the match compared to the exits for Bowens/Hangman/Swerve. Also love that they're still keeping the tension between him and Hangman there as an ongoing subplot. 

Mark Briscoe one of the best babyfaces on the planet. That one sequence of an out of control redneck covered in blood dropping everyone in sight on their heads was such a lovely heartwarming moment, made me very happy indeed. 

Superb stuff all round in Blood and Guts, and a thoroughly enjoyable episode of Dynamite overall. 

• Paid Members

AEW just casually announced motherfuckin HANGMAN VS DARBY for this Wednesday. A big dream match of mine.

I would have rather there been a separate story and some build to this as these two could make some magic but I'm guessing they probably have plans for both men going forwards for the next few months. Will likely lead to an angle for Hangman's All In plans too. So yeah thrown on a random Dynamite not exactly how I'd want to see it but I'm still incredibly excited for this. 

Fucking A. I encourage wrestling as it continues down its craziest timeline. Logic be damned. 

Stephanie must be getting the TNA logo embroidered on a leather flat cap as we speak.