• Paid Members

Shit fantasy booking scenario has popped into my head.

AEW announce massive Rumble-style match to take place in eight months' time.

Number 27 is counting down...who could it be?

Tron suddenly lights up: KINGSTON - the fans go nuts as they think he's done a Cena.

Kofi Kingston walks out with a shit-eating heelish grin on his face. Turns out TK bought the rights to the name.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Tron suddenly lights up: KINGSTON - the fans go nuts as they think he's done a Cena.

Kofi Kingston walks out with a shit-eating heelish grin on his face. Turns out TK bought the rights to the name.

I'm confused, is Kofi/WWE giving up the rights to the name/is Kofi leaving WWE? If not how would TK buy the rights to the name?

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

I'm confused, is Kofi/WWE giving up the rights to the name/is Kofi leaving WWE? If not how would TK buy the rights to the name?

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Ah I see. So I'd just assumed the shit fantasy booking idea was taking place in the realm of reality. My bad. 

To be fair, based on precedent, you've no reason to believe any fantasy booking idea put forward on here is anything but serious. Perfectly understandable.

• Paid Members

Just saw the suplex onto the guardrail which destroyed Eddie’s knee. Absolutely brutal and a crazy spot to do given how close the guardrail was to the ring. He then dragged himself into the ring and stood back up on it so he could be attacked by the Elite. Fucking wrestlers, man. 

• Paid Members

IMG_8268.thumb.jpeg.77c2bfe5531396cf40c9d5b389bf5eff.jpeg

Was going to praise this brilliant graphic, until I noticed the distinct lack of Double J. What gives? Where’s our Jeff?! Ain’t he great!

If this isn’t leading to a Bryan Danielson vs. Jeff Jarrett dream Collision match then what are we even doing. Why even have Collision if it’s not for that type of match.

• Paid Members

This is quite possibly the best entrance in all of wrestling. Just fantastic stuff, Fenix looks like he's been on AJ Styles' training regime.

Magnificent.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I had a great time with this show. Fantastic go-home edition. They’ve been guilty in the past of peaking too early and limping to the finish line the week of the pay per view, but not here. This clicked right on time. Bang up for Sunday, now.

Tony Khan will always Tony Khan. He’ll stumble across a booking trope he likes and will then spam it to death before moving on to the next one. Lights-on-lights off surprises. Backstage interviews being interrupted. Contract disputes. It seems his new kick is mad, fun, stunt-based angles straight of the late 1990s and early 2000s. If he keeps doing them for weeks on end, will it get tired and boring? Of course. But for now, he did three on one show here and they all hit brilliantly.

Christian doing a bit of GTA and trying to drive away cackling, only for Prince Nana to block him in, sipping his coffee. Amazing.

Darby Allin showing up with a fucking flamethrower, getting the fist bump from Tony. Tremendous.

They even managed to somehow make Malakai and Copeland’s spook-off work! Like using a cheat code. I invariably hate all that shit, but a cheeky Brood tribute, with the red lights, grungy guitar and a blood bath? I was thoroughly sports entertained. Felt fourteen again.

Gangrel’s gotta be coming in. I wouldn’t be against him getting a little Summer run. Do it long enough that it can eventually be the catalyst for Cope and Christian reuniting somehow. Maybe Cope and Gangrel can save Christian from an eventual Elite beatdown after he fails to get the belt off Swerve. Cope and Christian vs. The Young Bucks for the belts has got to be the Wembley match, right?

Other thoughts….

Darby’s gonna set himself on fire on Sunday, isn’t he? If the Flamethrower is for the go-home show, then what the fuck is that maniac planning for the actual pay per view?! I equally cannot wait and am absolutely terrified.

Danielson vs. Satnam delivered. Brilliant fun. Great to see Bryan and Double J interact, too. The dream match campaign is still on! 

If anything, watching Danielson here really hammered him how they dropped the ball never giving him a World Title run. That tournament after Brawl Out, where he eventually lost to Moxley in the Finals, at Grand Slam? Yeah, that should have gone the other way. Danielson could have held the belt until losing it to MJF in the Iron Man match and had a great run defending the belt against all comers.

Wardlow’s got the top knot back! Yes! We’re back in business! Have him kill the rest of the Undisputed Kingdom and pretend the whole thing never happened. Extra bonus is it would result in Roddy Strong getting, “End of Heartache,” back. This current theme is the pits.

Jericho continues to be the worst part of every show he’s on. If anything, it’s getting worse. All this desperate, lame, meta jokes at his own expense, as if that counters the very real complaints about him. “I love being on camera, right? Haha. I said it before anyone else did.” Just fuck off, Chris.

Fenix getting on that Randy Orton/AJ Styles diet. He looked humongous!

Brilliant video package for Willow vs. Mercedes. They should do more of these.

Is Malakai Black’s contract up soon? That’s the most he’s tried in forever. Great little strike-based match with Kyle. Really fun. Am I…becoming a Malakai Black fan? Don’t worry; I fully anticipate a promo on Collision that sets me right back in place. He’ll ramble some incomprehensible bollocks that only idiots will think has meaning and lore.

Nick Jackson is the funniest wrestler in the world. Calling Darby a prick earlier in the show was funny enough, but he absolutely took the biscuit in those final few seconds. Lying amongst the debris after taking that bump off the stage, shouting to the heavens, “how could you do this to me?!” And then screaming down the camera lens like a Scooby Doo villain as the credits rolled. The most perfect, hilarious heel. One of the best closing shots in the history of the business.

He’s essentially me, realising it’s Half Term on Monday, so the kids are off school and I can’t watch Double or Nothing on Monday morning in peace.

”NOOOOOOOooooooooo!”

IMG_8270.thumb.jpeg.1af807f550880dc5cc4600277c945e01.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

On 5/21/2024 at 9:23 PM, Carbomb said:

A rumble with 8 months of build up? IM IN!