3 minutes ago, Bus Surfer said:

Wasn't there an altercation with Eddie Kingston and Sammy Guevara a while back?

Yeah, he slapped him. That was fucking stupid as well but they seem to have put that behind them.

Just now, Factotum said:

Yeah, he slapped him. That was fucking stupid as well but they seem to have put that behind them.

I'd have slapped Sammy too. Didn't he say he wanted to rape Mone? Then said it was a joke. Just Bantz innit. 

Prick. 

6 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

. One of the things I really appreciated about the fallout from “brawl out” and beyond was that no matter how petty and insecure Punk came off, the Elite lot generally remained in a dignified silence from then onwards. 

Apart from when they made fun of it on TV during a match....
or when they brought Colt Cabana back for one match and then never used him again.... or when they passive aggressively made fun of the whole thing on BTE....

The Elite are not beyond being petty, childish and insecure either, in fairness. Same with Tony Khan. As evidenced by this week's promo, neither is Will Ospreay.
It's not a one sided thing.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members
Just now, Factotum said:

Eddie, great guy that he is, publicly apologised and took responsibility for it. Which is the right way to do it.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, FUM said:

I’m not saying it’s acceptable but “assaulted a co-worker” doesn’t really have the same strength in wrestling as it does in the office.

I think it does. It didn't but neither did waving your cock around on an aeroplane. And now it does. In all sorted of contexts. Imagine Perry Saturn taking liberties with Mike Bell these days? That's not going to be a slap on the wrists now.

There's always context. Two guys coming to blows will always happen and I think you'd accept that in a physical environment. But an unprovoked assault is as unacceptable there as anywhere these days.

1 minute ago, Daddymagic said:

Literally no one comes out of this looking good - but Khan in particular looks like a moron "fearing for his life". Get a grip. 

But I was told he could take Phil in a shoot?

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

That clicked 2-3 years ago and they felt like the better alternative for a good while. They've completely lost their way with the content, content, content approach, abandoning loads of the things that made them different, signing horrible people who were on the scrapheap for a reason and turning their innovative, creative environment into a fucking shitshow.

I'm watching from afar these days but it's depressing to see the lack of buzz about the place, the lack of arses in seats and the terrible decisions being made out of desperation. Even when what I'm hearing is that they're on a run of solid enough shows, they can't help themselves but put this petty shit on TV.  

They're like WCW in 5x fast forward. Sad.

This is a bit of a reach. The Continental Classic was back in December and they've been on a run of great shows since. The last PPV was excellent.

It's one shitty segment, about some backstage nonsense that was the talk of wrestling for the last week because Punk decided to go on about it again. No one mentioned it, he's tried to sanctify himself and they've released the footage on live TV.

That should be the end of the nonsense, Punk looks like a bully and a bit of a wimp because he couldn't take out Jack Perry. Perry gets to come back do his scapegoat stuff, which makes because he got suspended for getting attacked. And Samoa Joe looks like a bad ass.

When else have they done petty shit on TV? Or at least, promoted it? 

And also, they are nothing like WCW, and if you feel they are, just watch some Nitro episodes from when they were 5 years in to that run. I bet you won't be thinking that then.

7 minutes ago, sukhy said:

This is a bit of a reach. The Continental Classic was back in December and they've been on a run of great shows since. The last PPV was excellent.

That was a very slight return to form after a fair bit of middling to downright poor TV, and even then crowds were dead or tiny with no buzz around the company.

I lived through WCW in 2000 and AEW is nothing like that. The only things they have in common is that backstage is more interesting than the TV product. 

WCW was off the wall, and suffered terrible booking. AEW falls into TKs wet dream of wrestling and suffers from lack of personality and stories.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

I’ve lost a fair bit of respect for the company, when only this time last week I was debating putting my hand in my pocket to attend All In 2. 

Yeah it's significantly dropped my interest in the company. I know that might sound a bit hyperbolic but i think there were two narratives I had when thinking about AEW. One is of wrestlers getting to do the wrestling they want to do (to be more pretentious, artists getting to create the art they like). The other is a spoiled billlionaire playing toys with his petty childish friends. Both are true, this doesn't change that. But it really reminds me I'm watching Tony Khan's product rather rather than the wrestler's product and the former is less interesting.

And I'll echo what @LaGoosh said, I have no desire to watch actual conflict on the nice fun fake conflict TV show I watch to unwind. This Dynamite sounds completely skippable anyways (never done that before but now feels as good a time to start)...

Edited by organizedkaos
Greg Wilson - Credit to the Edit vol 3

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, sukhy said:

What's the reach? I said I hear they're producing some good shows but the lack of buzz is backed up by all the metrics. They've really struggled and I think there are plenty of chickens over the last couple of years that are coming home to roost.

6 minutes ago, sukhy said:

When else have they done petty shit on TV? Or at least, promoted it?

I don't know, I haven't watched it. But the point was that they put this majorly petty shit on TV at a point where critically, at least, some people like what they're doing. Seems ludicrous.

21 minutes ago, sukhy said:

And also, they are nothing like WCW, and if you feel they are, just watch some Nitro episodes from when they were 5 years in to that run. I bet you won't be thinking that then.

They've always been like WCW, and in a lot of ways that was a positive. The network, the production, the voices, the C shows and a lot of the booking gave that great pang of nostalgia. Sadly stuff like the bloated roster, the lack of control and the every growing content have given bad WCW vibes. WCW were around a long time, rode one great peak and fell and fell to their death. I don't see AEW going anywhere while Tony wants to spend his money but the peak and fall is very similar but massively sped up.

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, poetofthedeed said:

We can't overlook that in the midst of all that, Samoa Joe just looked like the coolest motherfucker ever as he walked Perry away like a parent not letting their child gets ice cream.

This was my wife’s impression too. Her only thought while watching it was that Joe came across really well. It’s more opinion on the actual footage than I have, I mainly just wish they hadn’t shown it. It doesn’t feel like AEW has much goodwill behind it anymore, even though they’re giving us PAC vs Okada in a couple of weeks, because of decisions like this. No need.

My wife also very much enjoyed Timeless Toni’s Champagne Reception. She laughed, she loved the colour split screen, she was shocked when Toni tried to remove Rosa’s face paint. Good bit of business all round and I’d so much rather we were talking about stuff like this than that stupid backstage footage.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Bring back CP Munk while you’re at it, eh, Tony? Petty