US politics

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, BigJag said:

A lot of people like to say that American politics, especially in the Trump era. Has a habit of aping pro wrestling. I definitely heard and saw elements of decent promo work in this speech by Ramaswamy. I haven't seen a lot of his political speaking. What I have seen has impressed me. He comes across as genuine, and someone who could be a positive influence in government.

Is this the same Ramaswamy who opposes abortion, called the LGBTQ+ spectrum a "cult" and is a huge conspiracy theorist? Do some fucking research.

Vivek is a MAGA crank, which is to say he doesn't really believe anything that isn't opportune right now. In the same way JD Vance was once a 'compassionate' working class small-c conservative who was actually something of a Trans-rights advocate. 

There was an article not that long ago I read by a friend of his who'd had top surgery, and Vance had apparently been their biggest supporter and been a good friend during their recovery. They stopped talking after he'd decided to pursue his political ambitions, which meant bending to the MAGA lot and becoming anti-trans.

In short, these people are awful not because they believe terrible things, but because they say and do terrible things and don't really concern themselves with the 'belief' part. Awful.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is this the same Ramaswamy who opposes abortion, called the LGBTQ+ spectrum a "cult" and is a huge conspiracy theorist? Do some fucking research.

He's a Republican. They're all a bit mad. I definitely don't agree with his views on those subjects.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't think BigJag does research. He just sees stuff on social media and then immediately reacts in panic and/or outrage.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BigJag said:

He's a Republican. They're all a bit mad. I definitely don't agree with his views on those subjects.

But you're "impressed" by them.

6 hours ago, FLips said:

Look at this pathetic little chode. 

What about him impresses you, Big Jag?

What the fuck is that woman?!

I avoid anything but surface level of American politics because I find it nauseating so if she is well known, I won't have heard of her.