One off the bucket list

Just Some Guy

Personal I managed to do a short road trip through Vietnam on aanual motorbike. I've always been an automatic rider here and use a fairly chunky scooter thing as it's easier in the city but been tempted by a proper bike for years. Rented one and had a blast but decided not to buy a personal one as gear changes for a big bloke like me are highly frustrating on smaller motors. 

Professional, in about to present at my first conference which I've been trying to get the courage to do for a long time. 

This will sound pretentious but over the past few years I've managed to tick off seeing an opera (ended up seeing 2) and a ballet (ended up seeing 3.5) live. 

I don't think opera is for me, although it's also possible that La Traviata and The Rhinegold aren't the best starting points, but I'm glad I tried it. 

I did enjoy watching ballet and its something I'd now go watch if I'm looking to watch a show. Apart from one experimental ballet/dance project in Lille (thought I should spend at least one evening not sitting in the square drinking), I've only seen Matthew Bourne productions which are designed to have a pretty broad appeal. 

New York is top of my list. It's just a place I've been utterly fascinated by since I was a kid. Probably seeing it in movies and stuff like that. So that's my top one that I hope to do one day.

Vegas was other one just for the sheer madness of it but did that for one of our honeymoon trips. Would love to go back. Felt like we barely scratched the surface. Plus the Grand Canyon just had me in awe.

I've always wanted to do a cage dive with Great White sharks. I'm hoping to tick that one off the list eventually, we've been talking about doing it for my 50th as it's not cheap and most of the trips are a couple of days in either Australia or better still, when the island reopens, Guadalope off Mexico.

My wife bought me a shark dive experience last year which has definitely scratched the itch. Went up to Blue Planet Aquarium in Ellesmere Port, had a few hours training and then they stuck us in the big 4 million litre tank which has Europe's biggest collection of sharks including sand tigers, black tips, nurse sharks, various rays and loads of other fish.  Easily one of the best things I've ever done. The big bugger in the picture swam directly over my head on our way out of the tank, it's mouth just infront of my face, and at touching distance. I did have a slight malfunction with my gear that led to me almost standing on a morray eel, something I wish my wife and kids hadn't been stood laughing for when it happened.

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

• Paid Members

I don't have an explicit list but this year I got to go to Chicago and got to see a football match abroad. They were big deals for me.

I nearly got to tick off watching pro-wrestling in America but the only shows in Chicago while I was there were Impact wrestling and life is too short for that shit. Sorry @garynysmon !

• Paid Members

I guess mine was probably going to a Wrestlemania, which I did this year. It wasn't really a long term goal I thought about much though, I just never assumed I'd have enough money to do it, so never really considered it.

I'm not really a goal setting, ambitious type. Maybe I should think of some. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Going to the World Cup last November.

Yes we were shite and stank up the tournament, but Wales qualifying for anything was a mere pipe dream when I was a kid in the 90's and naughties. So to get there at all and experience a true global event was a bucket list item for sure.

Qatar wouldn't have been my choice to host the WC clearly, but it was what it was and there was more than enough to enjoy.

Edited by garynysmon