Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Gorgeous George managed both Spurs and Arsenal, would never happen between real rivals like Liverpool and Spurs.

Hilariously Spurs fans used to sing "Man in the raincoats blue and white army" as they refused to sing his name.

But as someone who has overseen one of the 3 trophy wins I've witnessed in my life (OK 4 including the Audi Cup, the real big one) there is a begrudging respect there.

Klopp is very good at getting people to buy into him, and I can see why Liverpool fans love him, but after 8 years of the Prem, I think it's worn him down.

I don't think it's so much the "facade dropping" as most fans like to speculate, more that he's jaded and tired. Maybe he needs some of his asthma meds? 

Probably a nice guy, but I reckon he'd spend all night smoking your tabs.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Hilariously Spurs fans used to sing "Man in the raincoats blue and white army" as they refused to sing his name.

But as someone who has overseen one of the 3 trophy wins I've witnessed in my life (OK 4 including the Audi Cup, the real big one) there is a begrudging respect there.

The idiocy that Spurs fans were coming out with at the time was staggering. I remember Sky interviewing one guy who was saying something like "We don't want him, he's Arsenal through and through" - the guy's a professional football manager, for fuck's sake; did they really think he was going to sabotage his own job and payday just to fuck Spurs over for his old club? Bigger bunch of marks than wrestling fans.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The idiocy that Spurs fans were coming out with at the time was staggering. I remember Sky interviewing one guy who was saying something like "We don't want him, he's Arsenal through and through" - the guy's a professional football manager, for fuck's sake; did they really think he was going to sabotage his own job and payday just to fuck Spurs over for his old club? Bigger bunch of marks than wrestling fans.

At the time there was a fantastically idiotic rumour that did the rounds suggesting that Graham had a massive Arsenal mosaic on his patio, which has never been substantiated because it's clearly bollocks. Absolutely hilarious at the time watching Spurs fans justify that as the proof he was some sort of double agent. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

You missed the reaction here when Owen Coyle (Horsefaced ex Dingles manager) got the Rovers job. Results were dreadful, He did get them out of the Championship (into league 1), but he was being called Agent Coyle by both sets of fans. Terrible decision by the owners of the club, or whatever subsidicary of the whole money laundering operation it was that hired him. Should have never gotten rid of Allardyce.

3 hours ago, mim731 said:

At the time there was a fantastically idiotic rumour that did the rounds suggesting that Graham had a massive Arsenal mosaic on his patio, which has never been substantiated because it's clearly bollocks.

Well given his most successful spell as a manager and a player was at Arsenal, he had lots of memorabilia of Arsenal, which one would expect. George went to Spurs to try and piss off the Arsenal board over what happened. Unfortunately for him we had Wenger come in and so barely anyone noticed. Still, he's largely been forgiven by the Arsenal fans and nobody really mentions it.

On Klopp, he's one of the most irritating managers out there.

Arteta is just as much of a dickhead as Klopp, especially with his antics on the touchline but not as many people mention it as he doesn't manage a side the majority fans of other clubs universally despise.

Really irritating watching him more or less tackle players when they're near his dug out (that he's standing 3 miles outside of) and he's very pissy when Arsenal don't win. Really does my head in he does. Lego haired twat.

Edited by Doog

• Paid Members

I love Klopp, somehow. He's like a sustainable Conte, just about stays on the right side of the passionate/full blown crazy line, and won't sabotage the team, himself and the sporting director's brakes because he might finish 2nd one season. Him and Simeone (fuck you) are the best around.

Will fist pump the air wildly and weirdly when he goes.

• Members
5 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

won't sabotage the team, himself and the sporting director's brakes

This is a good point actually and one that is often forgotten. He is all about the team.

I thought what he said last week about the replay was absolutely pathetic, and he knew exactly what he was doing and where the blame would shift to, but one of my very best friends is a Liverpool fan and the way he saw it was completely different and I suppose that's what you want really isn't it? A rallying call from your leader.

• Paid Members

Klopp is great. Not just an excellent coach who crafted one of the best teams this country has ever seen (albeit far too briefly) but somebody who fully embraced the history and ethos of the club he's managing, and educating himself on the city he manages in. A great coach and an admirable person. The replay remark was a page pulled straight from the Ferguson playbook and I couldn't help but admire / laugh at it.

It’s not surprising that Arsenal and Spurs fans on the UKFF get Klopp wrong, I’ll add it to the list of the rest of their deviant behaviour. I bet should Lego Head and Big Ang be tempted by bigger better elsewhere you’d all welcome him with open arms. Fortunately he would never do such a thing, you’ll have to make do with King Brenny.