AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

There's nothing interesting about Miro, even introducing a version of his wife moulded out of playdough by a child.  Ray Harryhausen could have made a skeleton face more animated than CJ Perry, good lord.

Skipped through the main event as Danielson just isn't my cup of tea, but I did catch the moment when he re-bladed as having a face full of blood already wasn't enough.  I know this feud is designed to elevate Starks but two losses, even brave ones, doesn't achieve that really.

I can only echo the other voices in this thread calling for the immediate death or banishment of ROH and its titles.  @Supremo lamenting that you've only just been introduced to The Righteous, you can be forgiven for not knowing that they BEAT the Hardy's last week - on AEW TV before any sort of vignette or anything else as far as I can tell.  There's just no planning visible at all at the moment beyond staging matches like children do with wrestling dolls.

An entirely missable 2 hours, really.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

An entirely missable 2 hours, really.

Sacrilege to say about a show featuring Bullet Club Gold.

All of them are class right now, but Juice Robinson stole the show yet again, screaming, “Yes! We’re winning!” when Jay White got the heat, dancing over Andrade when he’s thrown to the outside, then pretending to be a dog pissing on him after the finish. The man is gold. They all are. I know Tony Khan gets a lot of credit for putting The Acclaimed together out of nowhere, but putting these four together is on par with that, if not better. Mad levels of charisma and chemistry. Much like the introduction of the Trios Title, they should create a Four-Man Tag Title just for these great lads. Maybe even Five-Man title with the fifth belt going on the shoulder of Jay White’s Cardboard Cutout.

Bang bang gang 4 life.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Much like the introduction of the Trios Title, they should create a Four-Man Tag Title just for these great lads. Maybe even Five-Man title with the fifth belt going on the shoulder of Jay White’s Cardboard Cutout.

Bang bang gang 4 life.

Fuck me. Trios titles, defended Freebird style with the opponents picking the 3. Someone picks the cutout. 😆 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Making friends and influencing people…

I hope they just release a Rush tote bag and nothing else.

Besides, Wrestle Aunts are the best thing not called Bullet Club Gold right now

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

BCCFTR v Big Bill, Ricky Starks and Aussie Open for this week. 

Are BCC turning face again? Seems like Danielson is playing the face side of BCC whilst the rest are still heels. Wish they'd make their minds up!

Face side needs some extra depth. Especially if we're talking about Collision. Anyone want to hazard a guess over the standing of Miro and Hobbs?

I'm hoping Bandido returns soon. Isn't likely to be bogged down by faction warfare and should make a solid mid-card face. If he makes it to Collision he'd hopefully get some storylines. He would have been a more natural fit for the role Andrade has played so far. A spot Andrade maybe vacating if he's about to link up with LFI again.

• Paid Members

I thought this was a fantastic go-home show. Super basic, meat-and-potatoes show, with fun matches, great character work and fiery promos giving everything the final big sell. It's a shame the main event finish was seemingly screwed up, but in the long run who cares when Zack Saber Jr. and Nigel McGuinness proved to be the funniest double act in ages. Them both having the time of their lives burying Danielson and making each other laugh was brilliant. I'm sold massively on tonight's show.

It's early days but I think this new era with more regular pay per views is the best thing to ever happen to this company. It's created a far more focused, enjoyable product, where Tony no longer has time to meander or rest on his tropes. Almost everything on the shows has a clear, direct purpose, which is already producing results. I can't decide which is the biggest achievement. The Righteous coming out of nowhere and already feeling like a solid act with some serious legs, or them somehow finding a way to make me care about The Kingdom. Both were completely throwaway ROH rubbish a mere few weeks ago, and yet now they're acceptable, interesting parts of the show. Same goes for Julia Hart. Seemingly out of thin air she's suddenly clicking. Really promising stuff.

This made my brain melt though. I know kayfabe is dead, but still! Kenny filming Don and Takeshita’s promos? Kenny likely being the one who filmed Kota getting attacked? It’s a testament to how well-developed these characters are that the reality behind the scenes feels so bizarre!

IMG_6448.thumb.jpeg.1f62144e6a45835bdb8d508c51599dbc.jpeg

Edited by Supremo