AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Every person who predicted AEW would fail when they first announced the promotion, they have spent 3-4 years refusing to accept the fact the company is a success. I have such a 'friend' on facebook, who is so quick to post 'worst rating on record' or 'only 50% at Dynamite this week' then when people come into his comments pointing out the success stories of AEW (they are far more of them) he usually responds with 'Ok Dave Meltzer' or deletes the post.

I have come to the conclusion they will always be this minatory who will hate everything AEW does just because their pride won't allow them to admit they were wrong about them going out of business in 12 months.

The same was true of TNA for about 15 years, and it meant for those people missing out on some really great wrestling - as it does in the case of AEW.  Conversely the same has always been true for never-WWEers even though the last 18 months of WWE has been some of its best.

Basically, fans are shit.

4 hours ago, Loki said:

The same was true of TNA for about 15 years, and it meant for those people missing out on some really great wrestling - as it does in the case of AEW.  Conversely the same has always been true for never-WWEers even though the last 18 months of WWE has been some of its best.

Thing is though history is like that, i was always led because I watched WWF that WCW Nitro was the enemy and a pile of shit. Looking back now I missed out on a lot of good stuff 96-98 over there because of it

• Paid Members
On 4/26/2023 at 11:25 AM, theringmaster said:

Every person who predicted AEW would fail when they first announced the promotion, they have spent 3-4 years refusing to accept the fact the company is a success. I have such a 'friend' on facebook, who is so quick to post 'worst rating on record' or 'only 50% at Dynamite this week' then when people come into his comments pointing out the success stories of AEW (they are far more of them) he usually responds with 'Ok Dave Meltzer' or deletes the post.

I have come to the conclusion they will always be this minatory who will hate everything AEW does just because their pride won't allow them to admit they were wrong about them going out of business in 12 months.

I'm one of the ones that's fairly happy to accept that the company became a success and admit that I was wrong. However, I don't recant my initial desire to see it fall flat on its face based on many of the burgeoning fanbase being insufferable pricks. Which they still are.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I'm one of the ones that's fairly happy to accept that the company became a success and admit that I was wrong. However, I don't recant my initial desire to see it fall flat on its face based on many of the burgeoning fanbase being insufferable pricks. Which they still are.

No wrestling fanbase isn't full of insufferable pricks. You only have to see some of the WWE stan twitter accounts or comments on WWE facebook/youtube. I would say the best fanbase in that regard is probably Impact. 

• Paid Members

Do AEW have a management structure to run an event like this? Who's gong to be handling the logistics of dressing the stadium? Is that something that Wembley would handle? Even then. AEW would need to provide them with graphics and similar material. Will Tony be drafting people in from the other businesses that the Khans own?

2 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Do AEW have a management structure to run an event like this? Who's gong to be handling the logistics of dressing the stadium? Is that something that Wembley would handle? Even then. AEW would need to provide them with graphics and similar material. Will Tony be drafting people in from the other businesses that the Khans own?

Isn't Live Nation the co-promoter?

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Loki said:

Are there any "Never-WWEers" though? There might be some "Never-Any-More-WWEers" around (I'm one), but I'd imagine almost everyone who ever watched American pro-wrestling will have watched WWF/E, even the most diehard wCw fan.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, most of the die hard tribal fans will have watched and enjoyed the promotion they claim to hate many a time, or decide they can no longer watch a performer they've enjoyed for years because they're on the wrong team now etc. Seeing a lot of it aimed at Mercedes Moné lately in particular. They're not a very bright or logical bunch. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Isn't Live Nation the co-promoter?

You're right. They are. I'm guessing Live nation will provide the the local workforce and liasons. Has a managment structure for AEW been established? I'm perplexed as to how they inted to run such a large venue with seemingly very little experience. It's a wrestling show. It's going to be different to the likes of other sports events and entrtainment shows. The AEW version of 24/7 should be an ineresting watch.