AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

A surprising number of kids wearing "Scissor Me" t-shirts in our section. Not surprising because The Acclaimed are so popular; more the fact parents are totally cool having their pre-teen daughters wear t-shirts that say "Scissor Me"... 

On the death march through Wembley Park, there was a family there, mother, father, son, daughter (just in case anyone needed clarifying what a family is), the daughter was flagging a bit, the mother turned around to her and said “scissor me baby”, and proceeded to do the scissor hand gestures. The daughter was no older than 12. Unreal parenting there.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that some people don't know the term scissoring in a sexual context.

Yeah it's all "nudge nudge wink wink" but the Acclaimed on television do state that scissoring is simply a gesture like a handshake that is done between friends.

TBF they do a pretty good job of allowing it to be a bit attitude era naughtiness but also seemingly be genuine at the same time. "Scissor me Daddy Ass" is somehow a genuine statement about a paternal bond between an old peroxide blonde beefcake and his young gay friend and a flaming statement

This is just the "suck it" of the current era (and one that's arguably more obtuse in terms of being sexual). I'm gonna assume we have the same objections to any parent that let their child wear such a TShirt back in the day ;)

Edited by organizedkaos

10 minutes ago, Matthew said:

On the death march through Wembley Park, there was a family there, mother, father, son, daughter (just in case anyone needed clarifying what a family is), the daughter was flagging a bit, the mother turned around to her and said “scissor me baby”, and proceeded to do the scissor hand gestures. The daughter was no older than 12. Unreal parenting there.

I, a man in his mid-30’s attending a wrestling event alone, was asked by multiple children in the queue to ‘SCISSOR ME DADDY ASS’ with their grubby little fingers outstretched. They were asking everyone and their parents seemed to find it hilarious.

Needless to say, I didn’t scissor anyone but plenty did.

4 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

This is just the "suck it" of the current era. I'm gonna assume we have the same objections to any parent that let their child wear such a TShirt back in the day ;)

You make a very valid point, and I stand corrected considering at the age of 14/15 had ordered the original DX jersey.

• Paid Members

Yeah a dad in front of us had to try and cover for Mox  (kid mist have been about 9 years old) by telling him  Penta had put spaghetti all over Mox’s head. The lad thought it was hilarious and also had a big Scissor Me sign and foam finger thingy. Think the violence is less child appropriate than the Scissor me merch really. 

Edited by JLM

4 minutes ago, JLM said:

Yeah a dad in front of us had to try and cover for Mox  (kid mist have been about 9 years old) by telling him  Penta had put spaghetti all over Mox’s head. The lad thought it was hilarious and also had a big Scissor and foam finger thingy. Think the violence is less child appropriate than the Scissor me merch really. 

My wife finds Mox’s shenanigans genuinely quite upsetting. Her exact words when I was watching it was back and told her to pay attention to the spaghetti incident was ‘why did you make me watch that? You know I hate it when he makes it real with the blood and stuff.’

Mox 1 - wife 0

55 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Didn’t her weird, creepy family get outed during Speaking Out

They did, the mum had a penchant for sticking her tongue down the throats of young fans at ringside, and the whole training school was full of bullying stories that were brushed off as paying your dues. But it’s all circumspect because “Oi only deal in faaaaaacts”

But still, just add them to the long list of people Sniff has signed who people will tut at unapprovingly for a minute of two before dropping all pretence of care because they like the show. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They did, the mum had a penchant for sticking her tongue down the throats of young fans at ringside, and the whole training school was full of bullying stories that were brushed off as paying your dues. But it’s all circumspect because “Oi only deal in faaaaaacts”

But still, just add them to the long list of people Sniff has signed who people will tut at unapprovingly for a minute of two before dropping all pretence of care because they like the show. 

It's not just that though, it was Roy putting up a pic of one of the accusers and saying online where he lived (rough area only), threatened him and tried to insight violence on him. The person wasn't even accusing her of being a pedo just wanted her to admit it was inappropriate. Saraya also laughs and jokes about her brother's beating people to near death.

1 minute ago, westlondonmist said:

It's not just that though, it was Roy putting up a pic of one of the accusers and saying online where he lived (rough area only), threatened him and tried to insight violence on him

I think that lad posts, or posted on here. That’s if it’s the same guy. Fair play to him for not being bullied into submission by them, he’s a good one. I won’t say his name on here but if you read this, you are good people. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

The Knights are just the ultimate British Wrestling grifters and Khan has bought in to it 100%.

It will end badly.

Bit of an overreaction, it's almost definite that none of them will ever be seen on AEW TV again. At least I hope so.

37 minutes ago, JLM said:

Yeah a dad in front of us had to try and cover for Mox  (kid mist have been about 9 years old) by telling him  Penta had put spaghetti all over Mox’s head. The lad thought it was hilarious and also had a big Scissor Me sign and foam finger thingy. Think the violence is less child appropriate than the Scissor me merch really. 

This...

Scissor Me Daddy Ass is much less inappropriate than some mark getting skewers banged into his bonce. I even felt it was too much and I don't mind a bit of barbed wire and thumb tacks. You have to wonder how talented someone is when they have to resort to stupid shit to get "popz". As Bret Hart would say, there is no art in intentionally hurting yourself. 

AEW need to really decrease the blood use. Every match I've seen of Danielson he has bled. It seems that they lean heavily on it to get a match over. Less is more IMO.