AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

Wonder will it be like CATC in terms of the layout ie the ramp been the players tunnel or will it be like a concert layout

It is fairly mad that AEW are running a bigger stadium show in the UK then WWE did in very recent times. Maybe WWE would of done Spurs or London Stadium for MITB if they knew about AEW doing Wembley 

Edited by Healy52003

8 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Wonder will it be like CATC in terms of the layout ie the ramp been the players tunnel or will it be like a concert layout

It is fairly mad that AEW are running a bigger stadium show in the UK then WWE did in very recent times. Maybe WWE would of done Spurs or London Stadium for MITB if they knew about AEW doing Wembley 

Maybe, but what they did has very little risk, they will want to make money from this whereas AEW just want to look good. MITB was able to sell all tickets at fairly high prices and due to the duel tickets being out first they sold more tickets to a smack down than they have in years. Wembley would also likely mean brining out Brock, Roman plus other part timers. MITB doesn't need that, it's main event will be one of two matches that doesn't use main eventers or need more than one. 

11 hours ago, kamicazze said:

Anyone envision some stuff in the week leading up to it or potentially ROH being over as well?

It's unthinkable to me that somebody won't run something somewhere. It was hardly WrestleMania weekend in Cardiff tbh.  However, there was still ICW, Progress, TNT and a couple of other shows I can't remember.  I booked my hotel from Friday until Monday because there's going to be something to do, even if it means going and seeing old friends.

If aew want their job squad working that weekend, they could do worse than loan them out to these other companies running. Gets them decent crowds who’d pay to see a Preston Vance etc, and gives the scene here a bit of a boost given how little star power is around these days 

• Paid Members

People will try and run, but between promoters and venues in this country, there's no way people will get sufficiently on the same page to do a "Wrestlemania weekend" style run of shows. I wouldn't be surprised if PROGRESS move their show to another day that weekend. 

For all the talk of people here wanting this to be a multi-promotion or special-guest-filled show, I really would prefer it if it were an AEW greatest hits, with all the focus on presenting their homegrown stars in a spectacular setting. The idea that someone knows who someone like Goldberg was but isn't at least aware that AEW is a big wrestling thing seems far-fetched, and the more the marketing emphasis is on part-timers or one-offs, the less AEW differentiate themselves from WWE as a brand. That many ticket-buyers probably won't care about the difference doesn't mean AEW shouldn't make an effort to put front and centre the guys and girls that they want to carry the company forward. It just might require a bigger in-person marketing push that gets their big spokesperson stars onto couches and daytime shows. Get Adam Page on Loose Women and watch the mums flood to Ticketmaster for family tickets.

Give me the chance to see Sting hit guys with baseball bats, catcall and do the Scorpion Death Lock. PAC complaining he's only booooked because they're in the UK, but it's London so we're all soft bastads. OC entering the arena on the top of Sue's minivan (or UK equivalent) like a lackadaisical Teen Wolf. The House of Black doing their spooky bollocks at twilight. Hangman on a horse. Job done.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

People will try and run, but between promoters and venues in this country, there's no way people will get sufficiently on the same page to do a "Wrestlemania weekend" style run of shows. I wouldn't be surprised if PROGRESS move their show to another day that weekend. 

Are you telling me that the secret Facebook group is utterly ineffective?

• Paid Members

What do we think will be the biggest thing happening here? Kenny vs Punk? The Golden Lovers vs FTR? Pac vs MJF?

Since Sting has already talked about retiring this year, I genuinely think it could be hyped as his final match, which could be a nice thing to have happen there. He's certainly not going to get that much of a bigger stage.

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Since Sting has already talked about retiring this year, I genuinely think it could be hyped as his final match, which could be a nice thing to have happen there. He's certainly not going to get that much of a bigger stage.

If Sting's retiring, I think he'd want it to be in Atlanta, not an English soccer stadium thousands of miles from where he made his name.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

If Sting's retiring, I think he'd want it to be in Atlanta, not an English soccer stadium thousands of miles from where he made his name.

And yeah, I can certainly see that being the case. But I think there's the possibility there might be some attraction about the idea of finishing up at one of the biggest non-WWE shows in decades as well.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Chris B said:

What do we think will be the biggest thing happening here? Kenny vs Punk? The Golden Lovers vs FTR? Pac vs MJF?

Not as a retirement match but if Sting can manage an all the smoke/mirrors/bells/whistles singles match with MJF for the title that'd be perfect for it.