CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

This has to be a joke right?

Choking, punching and falling items aren’t exactly unheard of causes of death.

Like… choking. It’s almost the main one people are scared of if they get attacked by someone they can’t fend off. 

Such a weird position to tell someone else how they should feel based on something you know nothing about. But crack on.

Tony Khan said life in danger, Tony Khan wasnt choked or punched was he? Therefore, once again, your arguement is unsubstantiated.

For me, life in danger would be scenarios where you would be in a car accident, an earthquake, a bomb attack. 

Tony Khan witnessing CM Punk fight with another adult would not justify him to say he felt his life was in danger. Like a previous poster has said, it appears he has said this to use should any legal action come him way. Fair play to him if thats the case, hes got to cover himself.

If you are going to reply back, please reply back in context of what I am saying and not just to suit your argument.

1 hour ago, Fanny Pack said:

Tony Khan said life in danger, Tony Khan wasnt choked or punched was he? Therefore, once again, your arguement is unsubstantiated.

For me, life in danger would be scenarios where you would be in a car accident, an earthquake, a bomb attack. 

Tony Khan witnessing CM Punk fight with another adult would not justify him to say he felt his life was in danger. Like a previous poster has said, it appears he has said this to use should any legal action come him way. Fair play to him if thats the case, hes got to cover himself.

If you are going to reply back, please reply back in context of what I am saying and not just to suit your argument.

The only reporting we have seen was that CM Punk lunged at Tony Khan. As of today, it’s been reported that language was toned down because of the legal situation.

I don’t know, but that’s what’s out there.

Physical attacks do constitute a ‘threat to life’, it doesn’t have to be things like bomb attacks or car crashes. That’s mad.

If the situation made Tony Khan feel his life was threatened, that’s entirely up to him. We don’t know. You don’t know. All we think we know is CM Punk went for him.

And, for what it’s worth, if I was Tony Khan I’d probably be shit scared of CM Punk. He’s twice his fucking size.

But, my original point remains, none of us have any idea. It’s up to Tony how he feels. And an earthquake isn’t the only way to threaten someone’s life.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The only reporting we have seen was that CM Punk lunged at Tony Khan. As of today, it’s been reported that language was toned down because of the lunging situation.

I don’t know, but that’s what’s out there.

Physical attacks do constitute a ‘threat to life’, it doesn’t have to be things like bomb attacks or car crashes. That’s mad.

If the situation made Tony Khan feel his life was threatened, that’s entirely up to him. We don’t know. You don’t know. All we think we know is CM Punk went for him.

And, for what it’s worth, if I was Tony Khan I’d probably be shit scared of CM Punk. He’s twice his fucking size.

But, my original point remains, none of us have any idea. It’s up to Tony how he feels. And an earthquake isn’t the only way to threaten someone’s life.

Ive just come home from Florida, I went to Universal and went on the Jurassic Park ride. On that ride, a T Rex "lunged" at me, it was bigger than CM Punk aswell, and I didnt feel it threatened my life.

Like most disagreements on here I think we have come to the "agree to disagree" stage.

Different mentalities.

8 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Aaah, but Bacon my friend, what is more pathetic? The pathetic thread about a pathetic wrestler or a poster who keeps popping in to point out how pathetic it all is? I think Houchen has already answered that over and again.

Touché. And if I can just quote myself again...

On 8/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, SuperBacon said:

It's brilliant. Long may it continue. 

Just now, Fanny Pack said:

Ive just come home from Florida, I went to Universal and went on the Jurassic Park ride. On that ride, a T Rex "lunged" at me, it was bigger than CM Punk aswell, and I didnt feel it threatened my life.

Like most disagreements on here I think we have come to the "agree to disagree" stage.

Different mentalities.

This is one of the most ridiculous counterarguments I’ve seen in a while. 

While I don’t particularly care to get wrapped up in what is, ultimately, a pointless debate - Khan is a weed and Punk is a trained fighter with apparent anger issues; given that people have died from a single punch, I think it’s fair enough to utterly shit yourself if you’re Khan in this situation. 

Ultimately, I don’t think how Khan felt matters much at all. Surely we can all agree that attempting to physically intimidate someone who poses no physical threat to you (or even worse, attempting to assault them) is just plain wrong? It shows Punk up as being nothing more than a bully. It’s a real shame too, as he’s one of the few major figures in wrestling willing to stand up for marginalised figures such the trans community. If you want to be an ally, behave in a way that makes you valuable to the cause. Not like this.

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

Surely we can all agree that attempting to physically intimidate someone who poses no physical threat to you (or even worse, attempting to assault them) is just plain wrong? It shows Punk up as being nothing more than a bully. It’s a real shame too, as he’s one of the few major figures in wrestling willing to stand up for marginalised figures such the trans community. If you want to be an ally, behave in a way that makes you valuable to the cause. Not like this.

Couldn’t agree more.

17 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

Different mentalities.

Couldn’t agree more.

4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This is one of the most ridiculous counterarguments I’ve seen in a while. 

While I don’t particularly care to get wrapped up in what is, ultimately, a pointless debate - Khan is a weed and Punk is a trained fighter with apparent anger issues; given that people have died from a single punch, I think it’s fair enough to utterly shit yourself if you’re Khan in this situation. 

Ultimately, I don’t think how Khan felt matters much at all. Surely we can all agree that attempting to physically intimidate someone who poses no physical threat to you (or even worse, attempting to assault them) is just plain wrong? It shows Punk up as being nothing more than a bully. It’s a real shame too, as he’s one of the few major figures in wrestling willing to stand up for marginalised figures such the trans community. If you want to be an ally, behave in a way that makes you valuable to the cause. Not like this.

100% agree to bully someone is wrong.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

Any heated fight or physical altercation is dangerous. People have died in stupid pub fights over nothing. If a larger and tougher person than me was in a rage and threatening violence against me, I could see that as a potentially life threatening scenario. Even if they weren’t bigger or tougher but were suitably enraged and therefore unpredictable they could still be a threat. Maybe not as threatening as an earthquake or if they had a gun pointed at me, but attaching some kind of manliness rating to someone’s perception of a potential threat is some caveman masculinity bullshit. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

Different mentalities.

Bullshit.

You've never left the house in your life.