CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

That CCTV footage must have been pretty damning for TK to be confident enough to fire Punk without worrying about him siccing his lawyers on him for wrongful termination. This was inevitable anyway, Punk seems to be a bit of a headcase. They should never have brought him back from suspension the first time. 

I'm sure Collision will be fine, Punk basically made up 20 minutes of TV per week and AEW has plenty of guys who can fill that slot.

I'm dreading the inevitable Punk shoot where ofcourse everyone else is to blame and the endless tedious discourse around it.

Can't imagine WWE will be keen to bring in someone who was recently fired for attacking co-workers. 

I don’t know about WWE, I think they’d probably feel pretty confident that he wouldn’t want this to happen twice in a row but also fairly confident he just wouldn’t try it there. I suspect he turns up at some point.

It’s a real shame, but in the grand scheme of things this is the only course of action that appears to make sense.

You never see him with AJ anymore, or her sharing any messages of support on her socials. I wonder if she’s given him the elbow and this is his divorced dad era.

I tell you what, this makes Payback fascinating viewing tonight. Odds have got to be good that Cena makes a few comments.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Would be extremely tempting to do a light-out-lights-on with Jack Perry though. I know you shouldn’t reward that type of behaviour, but still. Would make for a wild moment.

It's a shame he didn't give the real life rub to someone better that Jungle Boy now you mention it! What a waste. 

So do we get serious voice man in the mask, or Schiavone mid-ring? I'd use Tony, the crowd won't turn on him, not even a Chicago crowd;  would they?

Felt inevitable that the relationship would end in a fireball, but Punk can retire now and say his last match was winning in front of 81,000 with a Plunge, and retired as a "champion" and a first (to be fired from AEW).

I know US employment laws (notwithstanding "independent contractors") are a bit different to us, but you have to think it was pretty clear cut footage and eyewitness statements. 

10 minutes ago, Meng said:

Is big the same as well attended? Discuss.

You're acting like it was a free to enter show. It was a show people flew far and wide to see. It was big, it was important enough to get people to shell out to see it. It had their big names on it such as MJF, Cole, Sting, Allen, Cassidy, Moxley, Punk, Page, Omega, Bucks and Jericho. It was also main evented by the most over act in the company right now.

9 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

You're acting like it was a free to enter show. It was a show people flew far and wide to see. It was big, it was important enough to get people to shell out to see it. It had their big names on it such as MJF, Cole, Sting, Allen, Cassidy, Moxley, Punk, Page, Omega, Bucks and Jericho. It was also main evented by the most over act in the company right now.

I flew from Switzerland for it. Fun? Yes. Well attended? Yes. Quality? Questionable. Cheaper as WWE? Yes. 

Anyways, I wish it was WCW as much as TK does. Back on topic and Cum Punk.

21 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm surprised that they didn't wait until they were out Chicago before binning him off.

To give some credit, it's probably been quite a conscious decision to do this before tonight's Chicago show. Immediately removes the possibility that some will have been holding on to that he could be making an appearance, save for those who insist everything's a work despite all contrary evidence.