2023 Royal Rumble

gmoney

20 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Jey can, Jimmy can’t apparently.

Also, Jimmy was banned in August as it was a recent arrest that still hadn’t been ‘closed’. He’ll have chance to apply again if he’s paid his fine or whatever… they can still be pretty strict, but he might have a chance.

That’s the Jimmy getting beaten up by Sami/Owens angle sorted on the Smackers before The PPV angle sorted.

Crazy how many fantasy bookers are working themselves into acting like Sami/KO v The Usos is a deserved ending for this story because they don’t want the disappointment of the proper logical ending where Romans head gets taken off by Sami or Jey not happening.

13 minutes ago, FUM said:

Crazy how many fantasy bookers are working themselves into acting like Sami/KO v The Usos is a deserved ending for this story because they don’t want the disappointment of the proper logical ending where Romans head gets taken off by Sami or Jey not happening.

I think someone said here earlier, but I’m as excited to see them use a Mania main event to try and land a proper long term main eventer as I am to see the end of the Bloodline story.

Sami/KO vs USO’s and Roman v Cody is probably my ideal situation, and ideally Sami v Roman headlines EC. 

I’d be more disappointed if they went another way, I think.

Further to the chat about running out of ideas for the lovely Royal Rumble...

I think it's time to have only one Rumble match per year, alternate it between men and women.

Helps alleviate the problem of it getting tired, makes winning it a rarer, and therefore more special achievement.

Another option could be to make one of the Rumbles a shorter affair, maybe only 15 entrants, but spaced out 2.5 minutes.  Seems contrived, but would change the entire feeling of the thing and force new ideas, and maybe better flow through the match.

So I am, as I've mentioned numerous occasions on here, really not interested in WWE anymore (well, current stuff anyway). I stopped watching completely during the no fans era, which I felt highlighted even more how stale and shite it all was. The thunderdome thing wasn't my cup of tea either, for one reason or another. I watched one of the Reigns/Uso title matches (I think the HiaC one), and despite rave reviews, personally considered it a drab affair. Couple with WWE's propensity over the last decade or more of more often than not making the worst decisions possible when moving their stories on, I just wasn't interested to watch or follow the bloodline stuff because, well, it all goes to shit eventually. It was predominantly the WWE way.

So anyway, fast forward to Sunday, and realising there was a fresh ppv. Having still got the network (older content my only want) I decided to watch it. And holy crap, that last 20 minutes or whatever it was was insanely good. Bare in mind, I have no context to anything that preceded that moment, other than a comment or two on here over the weeks and months of its duration. But living in a bubble, I have essentially watched that ending cold/blind and the performances of everyone in that little spell was beyond wrestling. It bordered on proper acting and not just shitty wrestler acting. I knew nothing, but everyone involved was able to tell me the entire previous 6 - 12 month period by their actions, acting and manuerisms (sp?!). 100 % part of the reason I was and am a fan of wrestling. Massive congratulations to everyone involved. 

I am still at a point where I'm probably not too interested in watching the next several weeks (even the EC), but for the first time in 4 years I'm actually quite looking forward to WrestleMania. Whoever has their fingerprints on this, deserves every bit of praise and accolade going.

As an aside, Kevin Owens and whoever greenlit it needs to be fined a months wages... Bumps like that on the metal ring steps, have a fucking word with yourselves you utter idiots.

But again, I've not said this probably for getting on a decade but... Well done WWE.

31 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Further to the chat about running out of ideas for the lovely Royal Rumble...

I think it's time to have only one Rumble match per year, alternate it between men and women.

Helps alleviate the problem of it getting tired, makes winning it a rarer, and therefore more special achievement.

Another option could be to make one of the Rumbles a shorter affair, maybe only 15 entrants, but spaced out 2.5 minutes.  Seems contrived, but would change the entire feeling of the thing and force new ideas, and maybe better flow through the match.

There's no excuse for running out of ideas though. It's one PPV a year. They're just being fucking lazy. You've got 30 people a match to play around with.

3 hours ago, FUM said:

It's a shame that WWE haven't treated their tag division as important for such a long time. We almost had it back with the New Day/Usos feud, but really we need to go back over 20 years to the glory days of Edge & Christian vs. Dudleyz vs. Hardyz to where the tag belts were a big deal, with the matches stealing the show.

Treated properly, it shouldn't be a disappointment for Sami & Kevin to join forces after this long story to wipe out not only the main supporting pillars of the Bloodline, but the longest reigning tag champs in WWE history. And even then, they had the Usos break that record on a random episode of Smackdown.

It might be too late now for it to feel like a big deal to the masses, but I'd be for Sami taking Roman to the absolute limit at Elimination Chamber, only to get screwed out of it by The Usos, then having the Montreal Mega-Powers combine to beat Usos at Mania. End their historic long reign, and do it in devastating fashion so that Roman enters his match with Cody without the back-up that he's had for 2.5 years.

Somebody can do something to Solo as well. I really don't get the hype with him. Just a bleach blond Uso who nicked Umaga's finish.

Just found a stat that’s made me feel a little old.

When Hogan returned in 2002 he seemed pretty old, right? 

Rock doesn’t seem old to us, right?

The age of Hogan when he returned in 2002, is the same age (give or take a few months) that Rocky is now.

1 hour ago, Rockbus2 said:

I'm not quite sure why everyone is desperate for this to come to an "end" straight away. Its rhe hottest thing in wrestling in years so why can't Sami and KO have a tag title reign on the way to Reigns being dethroned by Sami?

Straight away? They've been doing it for years. Pull the trigger while it's the right time rather than just dragging it out for the sake of it.

8 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Somebody can do something to Solo as well. I really don't get the hype with him. Just a bleach blond Uso who nicked Umaga's finish.

Could see Riddle returning to face Solo at Mania after Solo took him out a while back.

12 hours ago, Simpo said:

100%. Never understood why we have to have two of the exact same matches on one show for equality reasons or some bollocks.

Alternate the Rumbles, War Games, and whatever else every year.

The women really didn't need a War Games match this year, it definitely took something away from the main event for me.

5 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

I'm not quite sure why everyone is desperate for this to come to an "end" straight away. Its rhe hottest thing in wrestling in years so why can't Sami and KO have a tag title reign on the way to Reigns being dethroned by Sami?

There’s good long term storytelling and there’s ripping the arse out it till people are fed up waiting.

Is it possible Sami has a couple of weeks of denial leading up to EC still thinking he can make it work with the bloodline etc? "Family's fight all the time" etc etc. Suppose the beat down was a bit much and went on for too long for that but thought it might have been interesting to see.