• Paid Members

Best part of the show was Ricky Starks going full Jim-in-The-Office and lifelessly sighing directly into the camera when Jericho made his entrance.

C50FAC3D-7FE1-4114-8E25-8CD1EC975BCD.thumb.jpeg.5802d0b720a2a9ef33da5fc5d569e43c.jpeg

Poor bastard. Blink twice if you need help. Somehow, his career being sucked into the Jericho vortex has been even worse than expected. At least Kingston had Anarchy in the Arena and Blood and Guts. Starks has had nothing but lifeless, exhausting, endless shit.

For a company that regularly cycles guys in and out, has Jericho ever been gone for an extended period of time? There’s nobody in this company more in need of a couple of months off TV.

Edited by Supremo

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Best part of the show was Ricky Starks going full Jim-in-The-Office and lifelessly sighing directly into the camera when Jericho made his entrance.

C50FAC3D-7FE1-4114-8E25-8CD1EC975BCD.thumb.jpeg.5802d0b720a2a9ef33da5fc5d569e43c.jpeg

Poor bastard. Blink twice if you need help. Somehow, his career being sucked into the Jericho vortex has been even worse than expected. At least Kingston had Anarchy in the Arena and Blood and Guts. Starks has had nothing but lifeless, exhausting, endless shit.

For a company that regularly cycles guys in and out, has Jericho ever been gone for an extended period of time? There’s nobody in this company more in need of a couple of months off TV.

Considering Jericho extended his career by going away loads and coming back, he’s barely had a week off and would I benefit massively from it. 

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

If it was as bad as many cling to it being they’d be using their time watching something else as AEW doesn’t have the brand loyalty WWE has as we all grew up watching it. 

Many? As bad?

You talk about over reactions from people but you don't seem to be able to accept that a lot of people really enjoy AEW and want it to succeed and simply discuss the ups and downs on here.

The reactions and opinions on here are pretty consistent and not a bunch of people unnecessarily slagging off the company and going all LOL THEYLL NEVER SURVIVE JUST LIKE TNA on the company.

Everyone WANTS it to be good. Everyone KNOWS it CAN be good. And most of the frustrations stated are ones that have been stated before. Its incredibly cyclical with AEW and that's why some people do find it annoying. Because they do find their footing and give some great stuff but then slip right back again.

It's a company that is capable of reminding people of how good wrestling can be. It can be the best wrestling company on TV. It has the talent on screen and backstage to put all that together. We've seen it. So I don't think it's unreasonable that some get fed up when things aren't as good as they could be.

Its like watching your favourite football team win 5-0 one week and then lose an easy game the next. Of course it's annoying because you know its unnecessary and it should be better. Yeah you're going to moan but you'll be back next time because you always hope for better. Plenty of people have been clinging on to WWE for years in a similar fashion. Of course they'll still watch AEW. There's stuff to moan about but not at the level of switching off completely.

35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Many? As bad?

You talk about over reactions from people but you don't seem to be able to accept that a lot of people really enjoy AEW and want it to succeed and simply discuss the ups and downs on here.

The reactions and opinions on here are pretty consistent and not a bunch of people unnecessarily slagging off the company and going all LOL THEYLL NEVER SURVIVE JUST LIKE TNA on the company.

Everyone WANTS it to be good. Everyone KNOWS it CAN be good. And most of the frustrations stated are ones that have been stated before. Its incredibly cyclical with AEW and that's why some people do find it annoying. Because they do find their footing and give some great stuff but then slip right back again.

It's a company that is capable of reminding people of how good wrestling can be. It can be the best wrestling company on TV. It has the talent on screen and backstage to put all that together. We've seen it. So I don't think it's unreasonable that some get fed up when things aren't as good as they could be.

Its like watching your favourite football team win 5-0 one week and then lose an easy game the next. Of course it's annoying because you know its unnecessary and it should be better. Yeah you're going to moan but you'll be back next time because you always hope for better. Plenty of people have been clinging on to WWE for years in a similar fashion. Of course they'll still watch AEW. There's stuff to moan about but not at the level of switching off completely.

A show not being great doesn’t mean it’s not good, and the point of my post you cut out was saying we are still getting good when we don’t get great. Doing great every week next to never happens in any tv show, you set that bar that high it’s near impossible to sustain and doing “good” is never good enough, and if everything is great then nothing is, you need ups and downs. the downs get boring to read as it’s usually the same people every week hunting for the negatives, and never talk up what is good or start shitting on things before they happen that usually turn out decent in execution and never learn and trust things that follow it. Plenty examples of that if you even go back ten pages on here never mind week on week 

27 minutes ago, Louch said:

A show not being great doesn’t mean it’s not good, and the point of my post you cut out was saying we are still getting good when we don’t get great. Doing great every week next to never happens in any tv show, you set that bar that high it’s near impossible to sustain and doing “good” is never good enough, and if everything is great then nothing is, you need ups and downs. the downs get boring to read as it’s usually the same people every week hunting for the negatives, and never talk up what is good or start shitting on things before they happen that usually turn out decent in execution and never learn and trust things that follow it. Plenty examples of that if you even go back ten pages on here never mind week on week 

Do you know what’s even more boring? People dismissing legitimate criticism as coming from bad-faith whiners. 

The suggestion that David - or anyone - is complaining about AEW being ‘good’ and not ‘great’ is genuinely astonishing to me. That’s clearly not what anyone here is saying. I’ll chalk this down to a genuine misreading, as opposed to Olympic-level mental gymnastics.

The mistake you’re making, I think, is that you’re mistaking ‘good wrestling’ with ‘good television’. Good wrestling is an ingredient towards good television; but a show full of good matches isn’t necessarily a good show to everyone watching it. Many of us need to feel invested in the matches we’re watching.

If you’re enjoying the show - and it seems you are - that’s great. However, it’s just plain wrong to suggest people on here are ‘hunting for the negatives’. People are quite articulately explaining why they’re not enjoying aspects of AEW, while also praising what they do like. Which is how discussion forums work.

7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Do you know what’s even more boring? People dismissing legitimate criticism as coming from bad-faith whiners. 

The suggestion that David - or anyone - is complaining about AEW being ‘good’ and not ‘great’ is genuinely astonishing to me. That’s clearly not what anyone here is saying. I’ll chalk this down to a genuine misreading, as opposed to Olympic-level mental gymnastics.

The mistake you’re making, I think, is that you’re mistaking ‘good wrestling’ with ‘good television’. Good wrestling is an ingredient towards good television; but a show full of good matches isn’t necessarily a good show to everyone watching it. Many of us need to feel invested in the matches we’re watching.

If you’re enjoying the show - and it seems you are - that’s great. However, it’s just plain wrong to suggest people on here are ‘hunting for the negatives’. People are quite articulately explaining why they’re not enjoying aspects of AEW, while also praising what they do like. Which is how discussion forums work.

You certainly come across as someone who week on week is hunting for the negatives to pick at than talk about what was good. It’s wrestling tv, good end to end shows are about as high as I set my expectations, as “great” tv for 104 hours a year is an impossible ask and as I’ve said I don’t find the criticisms to be measured compared to what is served up most weeks. If all I could find to talk about on a show was things I didn’t like, I’d stop watching like I did with wwe. 

• Paid Members

These threads would be dead without most of the discussion taking place, negativity included. It would be about 5 posts long after a show if people were only allowed to solely discuss the positives. Wrestling and TV as a whole, is subjective, not everyone is going to like everything or the same things. I have said it time and time again, Rooster was one of the biggest champions of AEW previously, no one had a problem then with saying 'you're overtly positive, stop it!'. You can be critical of something whilst still wanting it to prosper, its when the discussion dries up, that you should worry. 

This thread is as cyclical as AEW's product, we are back to the discussion gatekeeping stage. 

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Off on a different tangent after buying WWE tickets - have we had any update on AEW coming over here? Seems to have gone very quiet since it was originally mentioned.

I wonder if they were planning on doing something around the time of MITB and WWE have scuppered plans a bit

17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Off on a different tangent after buying WWE tickets - have we had any update on AEW coming over here? Seems to have gone very quiet since it was originally mentioned.

As said above it all went rather quiet after Money in the Bank was announced. Dates announced and Double or Nothing ties thing up to the end of May.

Feels like MITB scuppered plans.

1 hour ago, Louch said:

You certainly come across as someone who week on week is hunting for the negatives to pick at then talk about what was good. It’s wrestling tv, good end to end shows are about as high as I set my expectations, as “great” tv for 104 hours a year is an impossible ask and as I’ve said I don’t find the criticisms to be measured compared to what is served up most weeks. If all I could find to talk about on a show was things I didn’t like, I’d stop watching like I did with wwe. 

Then you’re selectively reading my posts. If I like something I’ll say - I literally just praised forum nemesis Adam Cole a few pages ago - but if I don’t like something, I’m not going to pretend otherwise. 

If good wrestling is all you need to enjoy a show, power to you. However, I feel like there are people on here who would praise a show consisting entirely of Tony Khan snorting lines off a dog’s penis, providing there was a good match going on in the background.

Although, to be fair, that would still feel fresher than MJF’s mic work right now.

• Paid Members

Strong showing from The Butcher in that battle royale. Him and fenix had some good exchanges and I'd be keen to see a singles match between them. Obviously the star of the show was Jeff Jarrett who is just endlessly watchable. I'd love to see him in singles matches against Eddie Kingston, Hangman Page, Orange Cassidy, Danielson...all the top stars basically. He'd teach those kids how to work.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

As said above it all went rather quiet after Money in the Bank was announced. Dates announced and Double or Nothing ties thing up to the end of May.

Feels like MITB scuppered plans.

I’ll be shocked if we don’t get anything announced now before the summer. They won’t want to put tickets on sale until after MITB because people are chucking money that way. I’d love to be wrong on that though as was hoping for a May or June show.

10 hours ago, Louch said:

AEW doesn’t have the brand loyalty WWE has as we all grew up watching it.

I’m not sure about that to be honest. AEW doesn’t have the long history of WWE but it has more loyalty and passion within its fanbase. It seems a less casual fanbase and has given a lot of WWE hate watchers a reason to turn off. 

Anecdotal I know, but when I see people out and about in wrestling shirts, they’re either a WWE wrestler and never the WWE logo. Or they’re the AEW logo and never an AEW wrestler. It has a strong ECW type brand loyalty.