1 hour ago, JLM said:

I actually think Saraya winning was the right result. Toni’s only been doing this gimmick for a short while, I’m enjoying it a lot, it’s obviously caught on in a big way and it works way better when things aren’t going right for her. I don’t think her winning the title on her first try makes sense for this character. Also back to back Women’s title changes on the first defense is very flip floppy. I don’t want a long reign for Saraya obviously as she is… not very good. They can use lots of smoke and mirrors to carry her for a bit longer though, and let Toni keep descending into the madness in the meantime. 

I don’t know…for the first time in a long time they have a women’s division character that has caught on in a significant way. I feel like they’re as well as to ride the momentum; or at least, they are if they’re to give her a title shot in the first place. AEW seems to be developing a habit of almost getting there when someone catches on, but not quite hitting the mark. With that in mind, I’m a bit apprehensive about their decision to keep to belt on Saraya; particularly when you consider her limitations both in ring and as a character.

• Awards Moderator

I’m struggling to focus in on the women’s division at the moment because I keep expecting something big to happen at the end of their segments and it keeps not happening. Mercedes Mone was at Wembley, does this mean she‘s going to… nope, maybe not. Jamie Hayter must be nearly ready to … ah, clearly not yet. Might Jade Cargill be gunning for the Women’s Title… nah, don’t know what’s going on there. It feels like they’re on the cusp of something big or new that’s going to power the division for a little bit, but the pieces aren’t quite there yet.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

May I ask why? 

I'm no Ziggler fan but I find the idea of him having a one off match with the best big time singles wrestler in the world intriguing. I think he'd really go all out and I'd be interesting to see what it looks like and what he's capable of outside WWE against someone of Omega's level. I'm talking a one off on a random Dynamite btw, not like a whole feud.

In amongst the Strong hospital segment, The Kingdom said they had to leave to win a no.1 Contender's match for the ROH Tag Titles. Not the first time this has happened in the storyline.

That match happened on Rampage, a 4way: Kingdom v. Hardys v. The Righteous v. Best Friends. Looks like the winner was intended to face Cole/MJF at WrestleDream. Regardless of who won, there's surely a better option than using MJF and Cole in another tag match on PPV against those kind of opponents.

7 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I thought you said you wanted him to wrestle Omega? 

Yeah, but just imagine he *does* wrestle the best big time singles wrestler in the world.

Dolph Ziggler vs Jeff Jarrett could be great.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’m struggling to focus in on the women’s division at the moment because I keep expecting something big to happen at the end of their segments and it keeps not happening. Mercedes Mone was at Wembley, does this mean she‘s going to… nope, maybe not. Jamie Hayter must be nearly ready to … ah, clearly not yet. Might Jade Cargill be gunning for the Women’s Title… nah, don’t know what’s going on there. It feels like they’re on the cusp of something big or new that’s going to power the division for a little bit, but the pieces aren’t quite there yet.

In fairness, I don't think they've ever suggested that Jamie might be nearly ready to return, and all reports are that she'd more than likely miss the remainder of this year at least. Mercedes Mone is also injured, which is why I think they stuck to a "look who's in the crowd" tease rather than a formal debut, because it would take the wind out of their sails even more to have her show up and get involved, only to not be able to wrestle for months.

I agree that Toni Storm is the most interesting character in the women's division for a long time, and doing her career best work, and I'm no fan of Saraya as Women's Champion, but I think it does the division even more of a disservice to hotshot the belt every time someone starts getting over.