Normally I'd be against any kind of ECW storyline as that shit's been done to death and can anyone from that era still even go?  But getting more Taz is worth it.

I'm sure RVD is still in good shape and getting a win over him would be a great look.

What a weird show. AR Fox getting this level of attention feels very much like a QT Marshall push. It was nice to see Swerve get a win, but if the intention is to hold a match between Darby and Fox or involving Darby and Fox at All In or All Out, that would be quite surprising. 

Given the month AEW has ahead, I'm really baffled at what they're doing. 

That said, I'd absolutely be in favour of Moxley vs. Cassidy at one of the two PPVs. It feels interesting and fresh, and Cassidy is arguably AEW's hottest champion right now; having him forced to step up a gear against someone dangerous, unpredictable and established like Moxley would be a lot of fun. 

MJF/Cole is great, and I'm starting to wonder if they'll turn Cole, and not MJF. His comments to Strong may have been innocuous, but they could also easily have been planting the seeds for Cole to become the betrayer. I think Cole is a better face than heel; but if it is the spark needed to kick off an MFJ face run, I'm fine with that. 

The Callis/Jericho storyline is really enjoyable too, but Tay Conti and Anna Jay should be kept away from any role that requires acting for now. 

2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

What a weird show. AR Fox getting this level of attention feels very much like a QT Marshall push. It was nice to see Swerve get a win, but if the intention is to hold a match between Darby and Fox or involving Darby and Fox at All In or All Out, that would be quite surprising. 

Given the month AEW has ahead, I'm really baffled at what they're doing. 

That said, I'd absolutely be in favour of Moxley vs. Cassidy at one of the two PPVs. It feels interesting and fresh, and Cassidy is arguably AEW's hottest champion right now; having him forced to step up a gear against someone dangerous, unpredictable and established like Moxley would be a lot of fun. 

MJF/Cole is great, and I'm starting to wonder if they'll turn Cole, and not MJF. His comments to Strong may have been innocuous, but they could also easily have been planting the seeds for Cole to become the betrayer. I think Cole is a better face than heel; but if it is the spark needed to kick off an MFJ face run, I'm fine with that. 

The Callis/Jericho storyline is really enjoyable too, but Tay Conti and Anna Jay should be kept away from any role that requires acting for now. 

Well on Collision last week Darby said he was facing the TNT champ at All Out because he won the Royal Rampage match.

I was thinking we might get Darby/Sting vs Christian/Luchasauras at All In but now I'm thinking it will be something to do with Swerve/Fox.

1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

Well on Collision last week Darby said he was facing the TNT champ at All Out because he won the Royal Rampage match.

I was thinking we might get Darby/Sting vs Christian/Luchasauras at All In but now I'm thinking it will be something to do with Swerve/Fox.

I wonder if they'll essentially do a split roster PPV? It would be odd for Darby not to appear on All In, but if All In matches lead up to All Out matches, it may end up feeling less important than it otherwise could. 

12 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Thinking more Sting, Darby and Nick Wayne as one of the typical Trios clusterfucks.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Thinking more Sting, Darby and Nick Wayne as one of the typical Trios clusterfucks.

Well come on Tony, get it booked. 

• Awards Moderator
19 minutes ago, Louch said:

Jack Perry Vs ecw is gonna go one way…former ecw champion Matt hardy with some kinda contract involved 

Between Matt, Johnny TV, Paul Wight, Jake Hager and Punk he could have his choice of former ECW champs.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Normally I'd be against any kind of ECW storyline as that shit's been done to death and can anyone from that era still even go?  But getting more Taz is worth it.

I'm sure RVD is still in good shape and getting a win over him would be a great look.

RVD couldn't get cleared for a WWE run because of concussion-related issues a few years back, though it seems unlikely that would stop AEW.

I'm an unabashed mark for basically anybody who worked for ECW for any length of time that isn't Jason Knight, and would love it if this somehow ends up with a clusterfuck of a match at Wembley with Taz getting physical and Sabu falling off the top rope again, but I probably shouldn't be their target audience for this stuff.