• Awards Moderator

Jericho seems like he’d be an extra weird choice to join the BCC team considering he’s been peddling the “sports entertainer” thing for as long as BCC’s existed, and they’re not exactly fans of that approach. Jericho joining the Elite team, though… that feels a tiny bit more logical to me.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

It never crossed my mind that it might be Evil Uno but I don't hate the idea. It would absolutely make sense storyline wise that BCC would convince Uno to join them to conflict with Hangman mentally and weaken the team, and if Uno gets destroyed during the match who cares?

Keep your Omega and Ibushi NJPW lovers nonsense, AEW is and always will be about Hangman.

• Paid Members

If they sell it properly I'd be happy with Evil Uno. It'd be a nice way to tie all the stories together in one match and draw a line under them. Uno is a good brawler and will no doubt bleed buckets and be willing to do mad shit which is what this match is all about. Additionally if BCC are losing Uno would be a handy person to have in to do the job.

Some people will complain no doubt that Uno isn't a big enough name but if they are getting Ibushi in then that'll be more than enough star power.

I wonder if they'll go with 'we'll announce the 5th member on the night' line after one of them announces their 5th member on Dynamite. 

Would perhaps peak a bit more interest if it was hanging over to the match itself? 

• Paid Members

I’ll be stunned if it isn’t Jericho. Everything about last week’s segment screamed a panicked replacement once it became apparent Danielson was officially out. I’d love for it to be a red herring though. Do something mad and completely out of left field. Turn John Silva heel and put him with Takeshita. Imagine the tag matches they’d have! Dream team of freakishly fast, bizarrely strong bastards.

I'd quite like it to be Callis go be honest. I think Kenny chasing him around the cage, Takeshita taking advantage of the distraction, Kenny getting absolutely battered and Callis getting some cheap shots in on a bloodied and beaten Omega, would be a lot of fun. 

It's too late now but a "pick your poison" stip might have been interesting, The Elite pick Don Callis as the 5th man for BCC, BCC pick Evil Uno or someone else from the Dark Order. 

A small, very cynical part of me thinks they're at least toying with shoe horning Jericho and Sting into it. It's probably the easiest (and laziest) option, and they could probably use it to build to a singles match, but it'd feel very awkward and clunky. Possibly not as much as Punk, which I think would be the least satisfying option really.