Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Similarly, I'm not well versed in them, and I don't really know why. I love Haruomi Hosono's solo work, but never really given the group much time. My mate's a big fan and I messaged him when I saw this. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Probably only a handful will know him, Merzbow, Bomber, Gmoney etc, but this is a loss. 

I know them. They put some great tunes out. This is a shame. 

A wealth of material for Thunderplex to choose from. And it wasn’t just her acting, her photojournalism was sound in its own right as well, getting an exclusive with Castro. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame and Trapeze are worth checking out. 

• Paid Members

What a great body of work left by David Crosby. I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash supporting Paul Simon performing Graceland in London must be over 10 years ago. Had no expectations. I knew sone of their songs without knowing who they were, but they were great to watch live.

• Paid Members

David Sutherland, the guy that drew the Bash Street Kids in the Beano has passed away at the age of 89. I used to read the Dandy and the Beano every week as a kid. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64339747.amp

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 2 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and she was just really lovely. Apparently she got her cancer diagnosis in 2020 but kept it very private. She was even in Picard pretty recently. A versatile talent and very family driven too. Feel for her husband and kids. Such a young age.

9 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and she was just really lovely. Apparently she got her cancer diagnosis in 2020 but kept it very private. She was even in Picard pretty recently. A versatile talent and very family driven too. Feel for her husband and kids. Such a young age.

I only know her from Picard but she sure played the Borg Queen fantastically.

• 2 weeks later...