Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's very cool, but yeah I'd argue that's not really geared towards your average consumer/shirt wearer.

This article was an interesting read about higher end shirts and fashion brands etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2024/apr/20/360-pounds-replica-football-shirt-luxury-sportswear

The one danger here is that clubs will see themselves being short-changed from what they're charging *right now* and jack up their prices in response. This is where the "not for your audience" argument falls on its arse as "the audience" is never a constant and the people who are paying what they can to follow their passion will lose out to people who pay 4x that just to look good in photos and get contracts to make that money back.

Yet another genre shift for the People's Game away from the people.

For those interested, Classic Football Shirts have a massive clearance on at the moment.

I got my son a Torino padded jacket, Torino training shirt, Torino track jacket, Hoffenheim goalkeeper top, Atalanta drawstring bag and Kappa Real Betis sports bag for £17.

7 hours ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

For those interested, Classic Football Shirts have a massive clearance on at the moment.

I got my son a Torino padded jacket, Torino training shirt, Torino track jacket, Hoffenheim goalkeeper top, Atalanta drawstring bag and Kappa Real Betis sports bag for £17.

I loathe them, but they are good for random stuff like that and my 11yo too has a load of Torino stuff because of it! 

On 4/27/2024 at 4:24 PM, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Central badge but not a central swoosh. Die.

Looks like a tribute to the Cov side that beat Spurs in the 1987 FA Cup Final.

#GaryMabbuttsKnee

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I loathe them, but they are good for random stuff like that and my 11yo too has a load of Torino stuff because of it! 

I largely blame them for beginning the trend of old football shirts being sold for extortionate prices.

I've wanted the Celtic "black magic" away shirt from 03/04 from when I was a kid now that I'm an adult for years however it's over £100 every time I see one.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas

2 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I largely blame them for beginning the trend of old football shirts being sold for extortionate prices.

They're also absolute nobheads, and quietly put their prices up in the days before their 20% off sales.

Am I bitter and jealous they made a business out of it? Yeah, and what of it! 😆

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I think the general trend for "vintage" being in fashion is as much to blame as anything TBH. 

5 or 6 years ago I used to pick up loads of Alabama gear off ebay for a couple of quid, back then it was just someone selling a weird old 90s American football t-shirt with a little mark on the shoulder for next to nothing.

Now the same item is labeled "vintage" and starting bid is £59.99. Anything under £20 is often in such bad condition it's fit for the bin. 

• Paid Members

The thing that annoys the fuck out of me is any old football shirts being passed off and priced as 'classic' kits now, even if it's only a season or two old, and no matter how fucking shit a shirt it is, or shit a club it is. The days of picking up decent kits for bargain prices once they were no longer current are gone.