Regal leaves AEW

Chris B

• Paid Members
I think it's probably for the best. Short and sweet. He was already on the verge of getting stale and AEW desperately needs freshening up. His debut was an all time classic moment but he also admitted to putting Jericho's toothbrush up his arse. BCC never really took off like it should have and he can't really take any bumps so yep, let's all just move on.

Edited by LaGoosh

11 hours ago, FUM said:

You have to say it’s looking more like the place everyone wanted to work to try and have a go at Vince rather than because they loved it. Now Trips is running the show plenty want to go back to the big show.

I don't think so. I think WWE is always 'the big show' and even if mad Bastard Vince was there people would still want to go back by virtue of what it is. Some wont. Moxley I assume has no interest. Shows ebb and flow. AEW was never going to keep all of that momentum. They're in a bit of a slump, WWE still isn't my bag but Hunter certainly has made it LESS of a slog and seems to be approaching things in a different way.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Some wont. Moxley I assume has no interest. 

Definitely, right now I can't see any reason he'd go back. But as long as Reigns and Rollins are there in some form (or gone but on good terms) there's money on the table for a Shield reunion down the line somewhere. I could definitely see them offering him a sweet deal for a short run in a few years and him possibly him accepting once he's achieved all he wants outside WWE. Not for a good while though, if ever. 

I've said before that Moxley will go back to WWE, and I stick to that.  Probably not any time soon but in 2 or 3 years, that Shield money will be too tempting.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

I've said before that Moxley will go back to WWE, and I stick to that.  Probably not any time soon but in 2 or 3 years, that Shield money will be too tempting.

Contract signed this year was for 5 years. Renee is meant to be for 3 years if I remember the recent quotes right.

Still can happen I suppose.

1 minute ago, RalphyV2 said:

Yea, he is a dad now, so while he sure isn't broke, he will have further motivation to make as much money as he can and for his kid to see him in WWE. Age is still on his side for a WWE return 

He left wwe with the idea to go do indies. He seems the least “wwe matches mean more” than any top level talent going today. He more likely would take her to GCW 

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

So the talk gets wilder, apparently Regal is getting a Vice President role but it's not been said what he's the VP for.

Kicking Punks door in when they bring him back

That he never seemed to show any interest in an official backstage role in AEW probably should have been an indication that he was killing time until the door was open to return to WWE.

Fair play to the guy. Got what I assume was a decent payday and is able to return to where he obviously wants to be.

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

That he never seemed to show any interest in an official backstage role in AEW probably should have been an indication that he was killing time until the door was open to return to WWE.

I think he said on an interview that he was open to that but he had just come off a bit of an all consuming job and with his health just wanted a bit of fun for a while. He could have been bullshiiting and I have no doubt TK would have been keen to have Regal involved.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, and I thought the same myself listening to his podcasts, but christ Regal on the latest Inside the Ropes mentioning how two bleeds on his brain in 2018 might cause him to ramble on a bit nowadays really got me. Ramble all you want, you wonderful bastard! 

Considering the inane amount of physical and mental problems he's had, it's astonishing that he's wrestling pre-eminent "Could host a panel show with minimal embarrassment" guy. 

The polar opposite of Glen Jacobs. A guy who never seems to have publicly fallen to drugs, took a stunt flame to the arm every now and then, and has emerged through it all a complete piece of shit. 

• Paid Members
On 12/14/2022 at 10:10 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

"Could host a panel show with minimal embarrassment" guy. 

I don't listen to much by him, but what I do he doesn't brag about the stupid shit he did. 

You get some who think shitting in a bag or raping a woman is a funny story while he sees pissing on a cornered flight attended as a unpleasant event. 

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

I guess that by the way that Regal sauntered out of the office like Bobby Ewing out of a shower he is free to return to TV now his AEW enforced time off is over. 

A nice bit of art imitating life as well making Rock's daughter NXT GM. 

If Regal doesn't say WARGAMES again though we riot.