Chris B

32 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Saw a clip from an Inside The Ropes live show with RVD yesterday where he talked about Punk. He said when he came back from his 30 day suspension for weed right after he won the ECW belt Punk pulled him aside saying he was going to do a locker room meeting with all the wrestlers due to stuff going missing. I get the feeling Punk has gone into AEW thinking he's gonna be their Undertaker locker room leader type and they've just gone nah you're alright mate which is why he was crying about people not taking his advice etc 

Here's the clip anyway since I'm hopeless at typing at what I want to say at times

That reminded me of Booker T making him look like a proper twat by throwing his rubbish on the floor!

4 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I get the feeling Punk has gone into AEW thinking he's gonna be their Undertaker locker room leader type and they've just gone nah you're alright mate which is why he was crying about people not taking his advice etc

Aye I reckon its a bit of this, and also that the Chicago crowd that night was as split as it had ever been for a Punk match. Including that moment where a fan in the front row flipped him off.

I reckon he’s seen that and thought ‘THIS IS ALL COZ OF HANGMANS PROMO THAT NO ONE NOTICED TIL I POINTED IT OUT :@‘ and marched backstage with a titty lip. Whereas it was actually because the build to the Moxley match had been weird with the hasty squash/rematch thing, and he got out promoed in Chicago by Ace Steel earlier in the week. Like Eminem murdering Jay-Z on his own shit.

Once upon a time I thought Punk would go back just to have that Mania main event he was hung up about. But now I think he's possibly too bitter to allow himself even that. Rightly so in a lot of ways but I always thought it was more important for him to have that moment than it was for the WWE.

Maybe he's perfectly happy to be miserable at home. Presumably if AEW never popped up that's what he'd be doing. 

Even the start of Punk's AEW run felt a bit off. Him coming in after all those years and beating the hottest home grown star in the company while selling how rusty he was seemed to set the tone really. I know people excuse it because you have to put Punk over in his first match back after spending all that money but you don't have to put him against Darby that night.

I do wonder if Punk and wrestling just have a toxic relationship. He's had world titles, main events, creative freedom, Vince and John Cena put him over huge, he even got to wrestle The Rock, and I know its say this, because who really knows how he actually sees it, but it's never felt to me like he was ever able to be happy with that. 

17 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Once upon a time I thought Punk would go back just to have that Mania main event he was hung up about. But now I think he's possibly too bitter to allow himself even that. Rightly so in a lot of ways but I always thought it was more important for him to have that moment than it was for the WWE.

Maybe he's perfectly happy to be miserable at home. Presumably if AEW never popped up that's what he'd be doing. 

Even the start of Punk's AEW run felt a bit off. Him coming in after all those years and beating the hottest home grown star in the company while selling how rusty he was seemed to set the tone really. I know people excuse it because you have to put Punk over in his first match back after spending all that money but you don't have to put him against Darby that night.

I do wonder if Punk and wrestling just have a toxic relationship. He's had world titles, main events, creative freedom, Vince and John Cena put him over huge, he even got to wrestle The Rock, and I know its say this, because who really knows how he actually sees it, but it's never felt to me like he was ever able to be happy with that. 

It seems that he has a toxic relationship with most people tbf. I've never found him particularly likeable and suspect he has some major personality issues. When you have as many problems w others as he does, you have to start wondering if its you. Its likely he hasn't the self awareness to look internally. His levels of entitlement are rather astounding and he isn't half the name that he thinks he is (comparitively). 

This type of personality is often antisocial, a bit narcissistic, distrusting, terribly bitter etc. I also suspect he enjoys being miserable. 

I may be doing him a disservice,  I've never met him. I just imagine he is a pain in the arse to be around and impossible to make happy or work with. 

16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

This is all over Colt fucking Cabana.. let that sink in.

To be fair, tracing it back without Colt you don’t get aew. Aew seeds start pretty much starts from him getting his mates deals with prowrestling tees that made everyone money while running indie/roh schedules. without him you don’t have so many doing well and not just chasing the wwe dollar that let there be enough talent free to start aew. PWT money has helped hundreds of wrestlers earn their worth, so when it comes down to who’s done more good for wrestlers overall, it’s the guy with the joint bank account, not the muffin muncher. I can see why many choose to stand up for Colt

17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

That reminded me of Booker T making him look like a proper twat by throwing his rubbish on the floor!

I went camping with someone once who had a go at us all for not clearing up the mess tent. So I asked him why, if he'd noticed how messy it was, he hadn't tidied any of it. 

Everyone else thought he was going to punch me. He just sulked off instead. He was a prick who wanted to be respected but didn't realise that being older, in a shitty pop punk band and bragging about your sexual conquests doesn't really lead to anyone respecting you. 

He was so sure everyone would jump in line. When someone didn't you could see his heart break. 

The OSW review on All Out and the aftermath is up on YouTube tomorrow (Patreon out now) and is well worth watching. 

OOC makes the best point that if this could be turned into something that works, it could be glorious. 

Watching it back knowing what we all know now (not that it's much) its mad just how much Punk melted down and what a pleb Tony is just sat there letting him bang on.

And I bet that bakery got fuck all upturn in business. 

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Punk as Fuck Phil wasn't exactly promoting a Mom 'n' Pop shop in the first  place! Mindy's is run by Mindy Segal, winner of the James Beard Award for America's Best Pastry Chef and owner of a thriving edibles company on top.

Edited by BrodyGraham

22 hours ago, Vamp said:

I went camping with someone once who had a go at us all for not clearing up the mess tent. So I asked him why, if he'd noticed how messy it was, he hadn't tidied any of it. 

Everyone else thought he was going to punch me. He just sulked off instead. He was a prick who wanted to be respected but didn't realise that being older, in a shitty pop punk band and bragging about your sexual conquests doesn't really lead to anyone respecting you. 

He was so sure everyone would jump in line. When someone didn't you could see his heart break. 

Without knowing what he said to you this reads like you’re just being a twat. You obviously don’t like him by the language you’re using and he obviously realised you’re not worth the time so just walked away. 

Chris Jericho - oof 

Edited by stewdogg

On 10/22/2022 at 10:35 PM, SuperBacon said:

The OSW review on All Out and the aftermath is up on YouTube tomorrow (Patreon out now) and is well worth watching. 

OOC makes the best point that if this could be turned into something that works, it could be glorious. 

Watching it back knowing what we all know now (not that it's much) its mad just how much Punk melted down and what a pleb Tony is just sat there letting him bang on.

The recurring bits about them all being so unbelievably thin skinned was fantastic. Not just the usual suspects, but guys like Dax Harwood too. Stop jumping into DMs and replies because people had a public reaction to your matches and angles you big babies.