The Joker storyline and MJF was pretty majestic. Delighted to have him back, I just think the big heel stable behind him is a tad excessive at this stage of his career.

Surreal watching the backstage politics play out in that media scrum. Punk is an asshole but it's hard not to feel he's in the right here.

Just now, Tsurutagun said:

I was in the same nightclub as Page 3 model Jakki Degg once

Does this mean I've partied with a Page 3 model then? 

Yeah, if you want to tell yourself that. Punk was contracted to fight by the UFC, fought on UFC cards so that makes him a legitimate UFC fighter. Much like Giant Silva fought in Pride therefore is a pride alumni. He may not have the prestige of a Fedor or Big Nog but he still featured on an event. Ali Dia played top flight football too. 

• Paid Members

Also, how are we this far into the thread and show discussion and Dax Hardwoods daughter hasn't been discussed? Just completely wholesome and the kind of thing AEW is the best at.

Dax Harwood had been my wrestler of the year, without a shadow of a doubt. The guy is just fantastic 

EDIT: This is ALL on Sammy. He doesn't even look when he drops her. Just poor form from a supposed professional.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed Punk shitting all over Cabana. But it was all very bizarre. Sniffs face was a picture when Punk said he keeps making him face pricks when the question about MJF winning a title shot came up. You’d hope TK had the balls to give him a bollocking later on but I doubt he will. 

Would be hilarious to see Nick Jackson spark Punk out though. 

If nothing else, Punk is bringing back 1997, with this weird HBKesque meltdown. Sniff literally didn't know where to look, No, I think he'll side with Punk if that comes up. He doesnt' NEED The Elite in his mind, Now. He's got Punk. Didn't he say he would build AEW around Punk if he got him? Well he's got him and well look. 

42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I adore the idea of Punk arguing/fighting with The Young Bucks after the presser, all angry and serious,  whilst Nick is still wearing the most ridiculous, obnoxious, bleached Hulk Hogan moustache. It’s the greatest BTE clip we’ll likely never see.

B57575E2-8BC3-43B7-B32D-3BB53F7200C7.thumb.jpeg.5916aa7ba599957e89297bfe221c44a3.jpeg

Thought this was Marcus from one of the old Big Brother seasons for a minute there, did wonder how he’d got onto an AEW show;

spacer.png

Thought Punk-Moxley was excellent again. These two have brilliant chemistry together, the blood massively added to the drama and just all in all, a superb match. The crowd were super hot as well. Feel a bit for Mox, but I'm sure he will be fine.

Wasn't in to the 'lights out' bit massively, but can see that people would be into it. It was all well executed I thought.

Skipped through most of the rest, but did watch the opener, trios and Danielson-Jericho.

Quite disappointed by the latter, but that trios match was something else. Kenny Omega is the best.