Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

5 minutes ago, David said:

My question is, will those same Liverpool and United fans kicking up a stink at the moment be saying the same thing if Saudi money comes knocking on their door? Interesting times.

It all kind of makes me glad that in following my team I still need to give the rusty turnstile a right good shove, have the option of a pie or bovril at half time, and watch players who aren't millionaires. The English game is sadly becoming a right shitshow.

Some will, I’ve spoken to plenty of Liverpool fans who reckon they’ll be done. Plenty will embrace it. The line was crossed so long ago that we’re just getting further and further away from ethical practices in Premier League footy. If you’re still in by this point then you’ll probably make a case for anyone owning your team if there’s an upside.

• Paid Members

Perfect microcosm of life at Spurs over the last month or so. Underline defensive frailties seen in shipping 3 to Leeds and giving Bournemouth and Brentford 2 goal starts before eventually taking 7 points from those three games, by averaging letting in 2 goals a game for weeks on end including losses to top 4 rivals and surrendering the new Lane to Newcastle and VILLA. Put fluorescent yellow highlighter on those already-underlined issues by going two up at City then conceding four.

Keep ONE clean sheet.

Immediately sign another forward.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Immediately sign another forward

And a right wing back! Although in Conte's world that isn't really a defender. All this after Emerson puts in a shift against Fulham as well (apparently, obviously I didn't watch it). 

This will mean Djed Spence goes out on loan I presume. Wonder what he's done to rile up Italian Bryan Ferry.

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

All this after Emerson puts in a shift against Fulham as well (apparently, obviously I didn't watch it). 

I mean, he certainly runs a lot. I can't fault his effort ever to be honest, and that is why he is picked. It's his complete and utterly inability to play football. He is dreadful. 

"But SuperBacon, he scored against City!!!" Whatever. I probably could've scored in that first half. 

Pedro Porro sounds like when kids do that "L + ratio + Pionel Pessi" thing so I've already written him off. 

• Paid Members

Admittedly I don't watch Everton outside of their live games on Sky, but I really can't understand why clubs that are doing pretty well are interested in Gordon? Is he that good for Chelsea/Newcastle?

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Admittedly I don't watch Everton outside of their live games on Sky, but I really can't understand why clubs that are doing pretty well are interested in Gordon? Is he that good for Chelsea/Newcastle?

I mean, don't discourage them, we want them overpaying for a stepover and overhit cross merchant.

• Paid Members

He's definitely not stood out for me. There's talk of Newcastle allowing Saint-Maximin leave. I know he's one of those players whose performances doesn't translate into decent g/a stats (not every player has to though), but he's a much better player than Gordon from what I've seen. Chelsea will probably outbid them for him because they think wingers are fucking Pokemon cards or something.

I wanted to see him have to crouch down to shake Arteta's hand next week (and possibly headbutt him) but this is a decent move for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/26/duncan-ferguson-forest-green-manager-job

I have no doubt this is sincere, but this bit made me chuckle.

"Their world-leading green creds are seriously impressive.”

edit: marvellous.

spacer.png

Edited by SuperBacon
Big dunc with a big mac

• Paid Members

I genuinely think Dyche could keep Everton up. He'll get a tune out of the players straight away and they'll love playing for him. If that translates to better performances early doors, results will follow, and it'll be another exciting end of season run-in for them. 

From there it could all go tits up again, but it the short term I genuinely think he'll be a better fit for the situation than Bielsa. Which seems mad considering his pedigree. 

...I've cursed them now. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter