Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Trump, innit.

But I was being a tad flippant which I thought was obvious.

Wasn't trying to suggest you weren't, it wouldn't have surprised me if there was a longer list. Not that I think he deliberately selects nonces to fund, but he does give the impression of being absolutely clueless and mostly informed by the opinions of his wife.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Duke said:

Yes, it's a bad rhetorical device. My problem is with the device. It's false equivalence by orders of magnitude. The general point I agree with, as I said right at the start of the post.  I'm sure Hannibal doesn't actually think they're the same thing, but it speaks to the problem with our discourse that equating things like this happens, because it is absolutely how we end up warped into extremes. 

I appreciate I came across a bit hysterical in my previous post, so fair play, but I stand by the point I was trying to make.

Yes I feel my point wasn’t taken in the context it was seen. He’s obviously nothing like Saville in terms of crimes, I just used him as an example of someone doing great things not absolving them for doing bad things, like storming the capital (which he is unaccounted for, but his wife was definitely there) or funding Trump. It was an extreme example but of course nothing is worse then what Saville did. Even Fozzy.

I think we all know Jericho will be back in WWE eventually for one last run and Wrestlemania payday.  

So does HHH, and he’s wise  enough to ignore sucking up to the current boss, that’s just the rasslin business.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, Carbomb said:

Also see:

Undertaker
Ric Flair
Ultimate Warrior
Val Venis
Road Dogg
Dutch Mantell
The Harris Twins
Ted DiBiase
Jerry Lawler
Hulk Hogan
Joey Styles
JBL
Vince McMahon
Linda McMahon
Brodus Clay
Nikolai Volkoff
Rick Steiner
Rhyno
Bob Backlund

(To be fair, I don't know if the last four are actually fuckwits, I just know they ran on Republican tickets. They might well be reasonable people. I doubt it.)

Is Dutch and Road Dogg Republicans!? They always seem reasonable and down to earth and don't have that stench of Christian nationalism that most of the above have 

There's a brilliant Jake Roberts RF shoot interview from the 2000s where he's sober and on incredible form.

He says Jericho is very talented, but he criticises him for trying to out-perform other wrestlers at their styles. He says he saw him try to out-power Rhyno, out-jump RVD and so forth, and advises him to stay within HIS character rather than try out-do others at their style.

Thought it was interesting insight.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IronSheik said:

Is Dutch and Road Dogg Republicans!? They always seem reasonable and down to earth and don't have that stench of Christian nationalism that most of the above have 

Mantel has said he endorses Trump, and Road Dogg is a Libertarian Republican, who spouts bollocks about the US being a "God-fearing, patriotic country", and all that shite.

I'd tend to assume all wrestlers straddle to the right unless otherwise stated. Especially from that era. In functional terms It's about half the population of the United States, and carny old wrestling personalities are an extreme manifestation within that. Even most of the good ones will pay at least some lip service to a system of beliefs that acknowledge arming up against a tyrannical government and/or hell being a legitimate destination. 

4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I'd tend to assume all wrestlers straddle to the right unless otherwise stated. Especially from that era. 

Yeah a lot of that era either 1) were mentored / hung on the every word of Vince Jnr and were massively influenced by his political leanings or 2) were from the Southern US bible belt.

Or in Taker's case 1 & 2.

Given how shit most wrestling pay is comparative to costs they need to cover from it, it’s not a surprise they tend to lean to the side who say they will take the least off them In tax. Why most stay in Florida as well.