Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

And that run he had opposite Triple H culminating in the title match at that weird Roadblock event was great.

This was one of my favourite main events of the last decade. It stands out in an era where everyone does too much. They focus on telling the story they want to tell rather than pacing their match around letting the crowd get their shit in. Triple H would have been beaten by one *I've forgotten Ambrose's finisher name* if Ambrose hadn't mis-positioned himself going for the pin, did Triple H come off any weaker for that? No, because they didn't just throw it out there too early as a cheap way of gaining crowd investment. Ambrose did lose to one Pedigree, did he look lesser? No, because they built it right as a finish.

It could and should have been looked at as a reset point for wrestling logic, things would be much better off. It's a shame they probably only had that match because it was only a house-ish show.

• Paid Members

Of course, what made HHH vs Ambrose an even bigger delight and surprise was that it made you suspend your disbelief that they might deviate from THE PLAN which has been a real problem in recent years. It’s not necessarily a bad thing that things get a proper build but it’s a fine balancing act between building something and ruining title matches for suspense before Mania because we all “know” what THE PLAN is. It takes good wrestling to make you forget THE PLAN and believe either guy might win, reminded me of a match we shouldn’t mention from Rumble 2003, which used to be my favourite match ever for those reasons.

Ambrose probably should have gone over to be fair. And then we get Shield Powers Collide at Mania and maybe Ambrose grows into something like what Jon Moxley is now.

Would have achieved more than that cursed Reigns/H match. One of the ugliest atmospheres for a WWE match ever, that.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, politics is just a fun little game with no consequences. Definitely nothing affecting the health of young kids in America's been influenced by political choices.

• Paid Members

It's been acknowledged on here that he frequently does stuff like this, and donates thousands of pounds to people with medical crises - doesn't mean he isn't a wanker. Floyd Mayweather donates millions of dollars to various causes - still a wife-beating piece of shit. Cristiano Ronaldo has done a shit-ton of charity work - he's still a wrong-cock.

It's almost as if human beings are morally multi-faceted, and we're nuanced enough to take that into account. Piss Jericho.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Can’t believe that cunt Jericho has the audacity to sit on the opposite side of the political spectrum than me. Anyway, here he is sending a loving message to a dying 3 year old girl. What a bastard, eh?

Jimmy Saville did a lot of charity work and fundraising.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Jimmy Saville did a lot of charity work and fundraising.

Listen, obviously the correct response here is Carbomb's, but let's not let this, which equates "being pretty rich, legendarily uninformed and also being a republican" with "being a rapist and child molester", just pass by. 

I know this forum is fairly left wing, but come on

Using extreme examples to illustrate a concept is an everyday rhetorical device. You know the point he was trying to make - that the good work someone's seen to be doing shouldn't shield them from criticism for other things. Equating them would be a stretch and a half, but so is the claim that he was literally equating them.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Using extreme examples to illustrate a concept is an everyday rhetorical device. You know the point he was trying to make - that the good work someone's seen to be doing shouldn't shield them from criticism for other things. Equating them would be a stretch and a half, but so is the claim that he was literally equating them.

Yes, it's a bad rhetorical device. My problem is with the device. It's false equivalence by orders of magnitude. The general point I agree with, as I said right at the start of the post.  I'm sure Hannibal doesn't actually think they're the same thing, but it speaks to the problem with our discourse that equating things like this happens, because it is absolutely how we end up warped into extremes. 

I appreciate I came across a bit hysterical in my previous post, so fair play, but I stand by the point I was trying to make.

You can compare him to other cunts without comparing him to a nonce and necrophile, though. That's the issue, I think. Jericho's a bit of a knob but that was a really sweet video he made. Shame her favourite song is a Fozzy one though.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Jericho has donated to nonces so yeah, he's as bad as Savile.

Not trying to dispute that, but seeing as this is the Piss Jericho thread, let's /gameshow NAME.THOSE.NONCES /gameshow

Edited by Duke