The 100% Made From Girders North Britain Football League 2022/23 Chit-Chat Thread

David

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Craig Gordon must be finished now, the pictures of it don't look real. 

Indeed. Beyond awful.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a bizarre game. Both teams played quite poorly. especially Celtic in the second half, but they will both feel like it was a missed opportunity to win. I think Kyogo's goal effectively ends any talk of a title challenge anyway, so I imagine Celtic are happier with the point.

Cameron Carter-Vickers is an outstanding centre half. I also thought the new right back for Celtic looked pretty good. Juranovic looked like he was on drugs for the majority of his time on the park. On the Rangers side of it, I thought Sakala and Kamara played well. I think ultimately, Rangers were a bit too negative and were over-cautious when leading. They had opportunities to put it to bed and didn't really believe in themselves to do it. Their changes towards the end were baffling: I have never seen James Sands have a good game for them.

I don't know what VAR is doing in this country. Celtic were clearly denied a penalty for handball and it has taken them seven (!) minutes to give Hearts a penalty in the Edinburgh derby. It's a waste of time in its current guise.

I don't think Rangers will have a better chance than that to beat Celtic. Celtic dominated until Hart got nervy an it spread through the team. Juranovic was either not fit or not interested, maybe both.

A few errors from Ange today but that can be excused because of the will to win that has been instilled in the team. 

• Paid Members

The hand ball decision is baffling. 6 months ago I'd say it would be harsh to give that as a penalty but Celtic have had several similar hand balls given against them. I try my best not to get caught up in all the conspiracies surrounding Celtic and Rangers but with that one (and the Michael Smith one at Tynecastle a couple of months back) it's hard not to get suspicious. 

Performance overall was alright, I agree that Taylor going off seemed to change the balance for a fair bit. Juranovic, for all his World Cup heroics, was poor and seems his attention is focused elsewhere. I thought Mooy was fantastic again and I'd have started him over O'Reilly, who was poor for me. I don't rate him nearly as highly as most. Alastair Johnson was great, especially for a debut in that environment and I also enjoyed his post match interview on Celtic TV. Seems quite a character!

I'd have been happier with the win of course but 9 points ahead and even not at our best we take a point in what is on the face of it our hardest game of the season. So, I can live with that! 

2 hours ago, StrongStyle said:

I don't know what VAR is doing in this country. Celtic were clearly denied a penalty for handball and it has taken them seven (!) minutes to give Hearts a penalty in the Edinburgh derby. It's

I thought Celtic liked it? They even chant “Ooh ah up the VAR said ooh ah up the VAR” now and again. 

• Paid Members

Ally McCoist raging that referees even consulted VAR and that it was neve a penalty and the ref should stand by his decisions is a level 4 Kris Boyd level of pundetry.

Both teams were poor, Starfelt shat himself every time he has the ball at his feet and Joe Hart needs sending off to pasture in the summer. A point was harsh on Rangers today. But I'll take Kyogo causing me to spill my pint in celebration any day.

Talk is that Juranovic didn't start as he and a few others had been ill in the days leading upto the game.

Not starting Abada who's given Barisic nightmares every time they've faced each other was a mistake but I also think Postecoglou had to go with Forrest to offer Johnston a bit of extra help on the right so he wasn't hung out to dry on his debut.

Celtic were comfortable first half I felt without playing well and Rangers didn't seem to show up. 

Taylor telling Morelos "shut yer hole fat boy" and Morelos waddling over to the ref to cry about it is peak banter years.

Morelos missed two absolute sitters of headers from corners in the first half. He is easily 2 stone overweight.

Bizarre situation with him as Rangers either need to pay through the nose for a new and improved deal to keep him when the guy has an awful temperament, hasn't been setting the world alight and seems to have no respect for the club or managers with the shape he keeps himself in else you wonder who takes him on in current form and condition if he leaves on a free.

Felt Postecoglou should have made changes at half time but he didn't and Celtic came out half asleep. Lazy defending gifted Kent the opportunity for the first and a moment of madness from Starfelt gifted the penalty. 

3 keepers wouldn't have saved that from Tavernier.

The penalty not being given against Goldson was baffling. I don't think there's a conspiracy that's pro Rangers or anti Celtic, I just think ref's make decisions that are less likely to cause them grief as opposed to the right ones.

Celtic as a club rarely if ever come out and publicly question these decisions, Rangers do and refs end up away doing Annan and Stenhousemuir games for a few weeks. 

Mooy was great when he came on and dropping Hatate despite his aptitude at filling in as right back last couple of games to start him would probably have been the right move.

Tough to see Rangers mounting a significant challenge from here without a meltdown from Celtic and I felt even Beale post match didn't believe it. 

It'll be an interesting january to see what Rangers/Beale can do with a squad that looks in desperate need of a freshen up despite having spent £16m in the summer.

Celtic were probably a 4 out of 10 and still took a point which they were at least fully deserving of. 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

I've read about this rumour of a virus but don't know how truthful it all is but could explain alot if some like Jota and Abada didn't come on until quite late. 

Regarding Morelos being overweight, I think this will lead to him staying at Rangers. Who is going to offer big money to Fat Boy? He's too overweight to play in a good league. If he leaves then its for less than his reported 30k plus a week and just to get out of Scotland. They have several players who's contracts end this season and I think only Sands, McGregor and possibly Kent don't stay

• 3 weeks later...