The 100% Made From Girders North Britain Football League 2022/23 Chit-Chat Thread

David

• Paid Members

No doubt they'll have Haaland back for then but after that performance we shouldn't fear anybody. The last couple of years we have improved tremendously compared to the last couple of decades but we hadn't really taken a big scalp. Now we have - rotated team or not, I'm going to get every single ounce from enjoyment of beating Spain that I can.  

For tonight, let's just enjoy this glorious image.

ScotlandGroup.JPG

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

14 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Well gentlemen, that was absolute magic. Are we....dare I say it...quite good now?

Time will tell. I'm certainly not going to treat a win over a Spain side that had Iago Aspas in its ranks as a victory over world beaters. 

Saying that, we've been in situations before where the team we'd usually be competing with for 2nd has somehow sprung a win over the top seed and royally fucked us, so I'll take it.

Edited by David

Taking nothing away from Scotland, as they absolutely played until they dropped and were brilliant, and this is probably me not watching as much football as I used to, but I was shocked at how few Spanish players I'd heard of, let alone seen play.

Maybe 3 that starting line up I had heard of, and 1 of them is only because he turned up at Spurs!

35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Taking nothing away from Scotland, as they absolutely played until they dropped and were brilliant, and this is probably me not watching as much football as I used to, but I was shocked at how few Spanish players I'd heard of, let alone seen play.

Maybe 3 that starting line up I had heard of, and 1 of them is only because he turned up at Spurs!

They made something like eight or nine changes to their regular lineup. They had no Barcelona or Real Madrid players in the starting eleven. No idea why they did that, unless they assumed we're like Malta or Estonia or some shit. Whatever the reason, they fucked up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So the Scottish Cup final has now been moved from its traditional 3PM kickoff time after a Viaplay request to avoid it clashing with the English FA Cup final at the same time. While the new time of 17.30 works fine for me from a selfish point of view (Saturday evening, perfect for going to go the pub after the game) the concept of us having to change the time of our big game because it clashes with a game in another country is an absolute riddy. The last train to Inverness that day is apparently at 19.37 which makes it even more shambolic. Celtic now coming out that they weren't even consulted with the change.

As completely wrong the move is in principal, at least they didn't change it to 12.30. That is and always will be an absolute shite kickoff time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...