The 100% Made From Girders North Britain Football League 2022/23 Chit-Chat Thread

David

I thought that was a pretty shit game until the last half hour. The ref was awful, giving Scotland players a yellow at any chance at letting Norway away with murder. Norway didn't really create anything outside of a penalty and Scotland playing route 1 football with 5 at the back and 2 DMS was awful, Dykes wasn't fast enough to play like that. Once McGinn went further up to support him he looked far more dangerous.

Anyway, think that's us qualified.

Edited by westlondonmist

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Thank goodness that the SFA paid no attention to the "Steve Clarke out!" brigade. 

To be fair, that particular brigade consisted of a handful of people, relatively speaking, on the internet. So it was never really a possibility.

6 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair, that particular brigade consisted of a handful of people, relatively speaking, on the internet. So it was never really a possibility.

I think it's difficult to measure. While it's true that it never really manifested itself in any audible way during fixtures, the pandemic makes it challenging to assess just how widespread that view was. I suspect that the majority did not feel this way, but a sizeable enough minority felt this way for it to become noticeable. #SteveClarkeOut ended up trending more than once on Twitter, for what you can read into that. 

The SFA simply were not going to ditch him that quickly, though - so there was never any realistic chance of him going anywhere based on knee-jerk opinions. 

But hey, who fucking cares - Germany, here we (hopefully) come!