The 100% Made From Girders North Britain Football League 2022/23 Chit-Chat Thread

David

From the land where vile sectarianism is exempt from the "one country, many cultures" moniker (TM of the SNP), let's get the soccer ball rolling and argue over which ridiculously overmatched Scottish club side is going to come a distant third in the league.

Well @SpiritOfTheForest prediction of Motherwell hiring John Hughes won’t be coming true…

(edit: it’s not the same one of course, as anyone who spent five minutes reading properly or paying proper attention would’ve realised)

Not sure what the short illness was at this point, but still terribly sad news. RIP.

Edited by Daaaaaad!
colossal idiocy on my part

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Probably the most enjoyable part of the match. St Mirren were pretty gash. 

You think so? I actually thought they outplayed us. If it wasn't for the heroics of the modern-day Steve Ogrizovic in goal for us we'd have lost that game by a couple.

2 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

I can't be sure so thought I'd ask: you know this is a different John Hughes, yeah? 

I do now, yeah. About ten minutes after I posted this in fact. I guess it’s appropriate that the thread starts with a Scottish football fan making a wildly inaccurate statement having failed to read something properly - sets the tone for the season ahead!

1 hour ago, David said:

You think so? I actually thought they outplayed us. If it wasn't for the heroics of the modern-day Steve Ogrizovic in goal for us we'd have lost that game by a couple.

My comments were probably harsh. I thought in the final third they were poor. They really should have put one away. I suppose that's a problem when you have Curtis Main upfront. 

25 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

My comments were probably harsh. I thought in the final third they were poor. They really should have put one away. I suppose that's a problem when you have Curtis Main upfront. 

Tell you what, I'd have him back at us right now. We're very light up front apart from Van Veen.

European draws now out for Europa and conference and I can’t say I hold much hope in Hearts and Dundee united progressing in the tournaments they are in this round . It just seems like when the non OF teams play in Europe they fall down when refereed correctly and can only hope that VAR coming in cleans place the styles of play and we see teams having more of a chance. Hope I’m wrong for the sakes of the coefficients

1 hour ago, Louch said:

European draws now out for Europa and conference and I can’t say I hold much hope in Hearts and Dundee united progressing in the tournaments they are in this round . It just seems like when the non OF teams play in Europe they fall down when refereed correctly and can only hope that VAR coming in cleans place the styles of play and we see teams having more of a chance. Hope I’m wrong for the sakes of the coefficients

Are FC Zurich any good? Hearts could get past them I think, probably not but it is possible. Probably better off in Conference anyway, them in EL would be like Celtic in the Champions league. 

AZ draw for DU was a while ago and it was a tough draw. I think they will get beaten heavily. 

Rangers got the tougher draw of PSV or Monaco but its still doable.