Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Actually laughed out loud at that. Glad others are on the case here.

The Red Velvet character is multi layered, intricately crafted, gives us much to chew over and is best served with a pouring of double cream. 

50 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I expect it will be Dalton in a mask, but I'm holding out hope for "Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington.

N2EcCVpC_400x400.jpeg

I want this, not even a mask. Just him pretending to be a completely different person. It's so utterly stupid Dalton Castle would make gangbusters out of it.

• Paid Members

Ring of Honor 01/02/24

The Dalton Castle skits have already been posted. Setting up "Dalton's Friend" vs That Piece of Shit John Television for next week. 

Skipped: Angelico and Serpentico vs Jobbers. They are still feuding with Griff Garrison and Kole Carter, I could not possibly care. Nyla Rose vs Jobber, Iron Savages vs Jobbers, Tom Lawlor and his partner vs The Kingdom, Queen Aminata vs Jobber.

Ethan Page says he's winning the TV title because his kids keep hassling him when he comes home. "Where is the TV title?" "When are you going to get the TV title?" "Why aren't you getting the TV title now?" And so on. 

Dalton Castle vs Aaron Solo. Dalton Castle is wheeled out on a trolley. Riccabone points out that he has stopped shaving his chest and now has stubble. Such commitment to the role. His boots aren't laced up either. Short and sweet but another great performance from Dalton. He is unhinged now in his obsession with John TV. He refuses to let go of Solo's hand after the code of honour handshake and then just throws himself recklessly at Solo for the whole match. Also hits a Bangarang with extra rotations and a more violent landing than normal. He leaves leaning against the barricade and sort of desperately pawing at people in the front row for comfort. Beautiful. 

Whacky promo from Nyla Rose. Furious that Billie Starkz has not come to her when summoned to acknowledge her new overlord. Nyla's having a lot of fun with this character and I'm enjoying it too. 

Slim J vs Ethan Page was good fun but I'd have liked Ethan to win more comfortably. But yeah, good match these two worked well together. Ethan Page did his entrance twice because the crowd didn't react the first time. It's ROH, gotta wake them up first. 

Billie Starkz vs Jobber. Billie Starkz continuing to be much more violent in the ring. Adding some nice head kicks to the repertoire and talking more trash.

Leila Hirsch and Rachel Ellering cut a very awkward (intentionally) team promo. They're pretending the possibility of them fighting each other in the upcoming TV title tournament hasn't immediately ended their friendship when it definitely has. I haven't enjoyed Ellering much so far but I must admit this direction is growing on me. 

The Righteous vs The Infantry. I didn't skip The Infantry match! The power of Dutch. Enjoyed this match. Really simply plucky babyfaces against heels. The Infantry are the most dull tag team on the planet but it was easy for them to be underdog babyfaces here. They wrestled at a fast and frantic pace and occasionally overwhelmed The Righteous, but eventually Vincent would outsmart them or Dutch would cut them of with his tremendous fat powerhouse offense. Tag team TV match 101, enjoyed it. 

Red Velvet Promo! Extremely vanilla (sponge) promo. She's confident, all eyes on the ROH women's division with the new title tournament coming up, all eyes will be on her when she wins it. Fine. She then says "the chef... is ALWAYS cooking". I think this lends most credence to @organizedkaos's theory that The Chef is an omnipotent higher power. Always cooking and always delivering. 

Bad Dude Tito vs Gringo Loco. Random match generator strikes again. I had absolutely no idea what this would be like but couldn't bring myself to skip it. Bad Dude Tito looked pretty good last time I saw him and this is such a weird match. It's such an insane visual, Tito looking like Bryan Clark and Gringo Loco looking like a tubby backyarder. At the beginning Tito does lots of fancy lúcha stuff just to show he can, then cuts it off with a massive clothesline and then it's power guy vs flippy guy. I like Bad Dude Tito. 

Red Velvet vs Diamante vs Kiera Hogan vs Trish Adora. Entertaining sprint. Trish Adora was the star of this one, looked like a real powerhouse against three smaller opponents. Her Lariat Tubman clothesline is a thing of beauty. Red Velvet took it with her spinning flying kick thing. It's called The Mix. This only raises further questions. 

Jack Cartwheel vs Alex Zayne vs Blake Christian vs Lee Johnson. Nutty spotfest as you'd expect. Jack Cartwheel the highlight as usual. Blake Christian always manages to do something I haven't seen before. Lee Johnson did not very much as the other three all did the fanciest shit they could think of, then he came in at the end and won it. They're starting to push him but I don't see much in him to be honest. 

The Dalton Castle skits and match were the best bits of course. The undercard wasn't nearly as hateful as some of the previous episodes though. Four perfectly watchable matches. A shorter overall run time too, though 1 hour 45 is still too long. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

ROH 08/02/24 

Skipped: Workhorsemen vs Jobbers, Ethan Page vs Aaron Solo, Penta/Vikingo vs Jobbers, Iron Savages and The Infantry vs Griff Garrison and Kole Carter and Shane Taylor Promotions. Garrison and Carter have a fight with Angelico and Serpentico. Serpentico gets beaten down. Caprice says "this feud is never ending". He is correct. Gravity vs Lee Johnson, Taya Valkyrie vs Jobber, 

Opening Dalton Skit:

Little nod to @BomberPat's suggestion there. "A wild pig of filth" is an incredible line. 

Johnny TV vs Hombre Die Pavo Real Die Montana:Screenshot2024-02-10041702.thumb.png.f08031d2fdbf86e572b2913c58c49fcb.png  Yep. 

Johnny TV is somehow able to see through this ruse. Dalton cuts a great heartfelt promo begging Johnny TV. Johnny TV declines to fight him because he smells of cheese and because he's not TV ready. Only one of those things is true. Dalton continues to plead, Johnny TV says he'll tell him what he wants.... next week. 

The best feud nobody's watching based around there never being a match. So good. 

Shane Taylor Promotions video saying they're looking for new members. Just go to AEW instead lads it's better. 

Griff Garrison and Koal Carcher have beaten up Serpentico backstage. Another thrilling chapter in this feud. 

Billie Starkz vs Jobber. Billie not being as mean to the jobber at first, then Nyla Rose came out and Evil Billie Starkz was awakened. Murdered the jobber violently and submitted her with a horrendous looking hammerlock/chinlock/dragon sleeper thing. It looked very painful. 

Nyla Rose comes down to ringside and sets a table up. She says to Billie Starkz she has to fall in line or Nyla will put her through the table. Pretty bad ass from Nyla here. Athena then makes her return in her hometown and fore arm smashes Nyla off the apron through the table. Loved this, very much up for Billie vs Nyla and Athena vs Nyla. 

Trish Adora vs Diamante vs Kiera Hogan vs Leyla Hirsch. Once again Trish Adora looked good, Diamante the standout in this one though, seemed very fired up for it. Rachel Ellering sort-of cost Leyla the match to carry on their mini-story. They had an interview backstage and they unconvincingly agreed they were still cool.  I'll take what continuity I can get on these ROH undercards.. 

Second Dalton skit:

Komander vs Willie Mack vs Jack Cartwheel vs AR Fox.  

OK random match generator you win another round. Remember AR Fox? Jack Cartwheel was tremendous here. A cartwheel from the top rope to the floor you madman. Brilliant last 5 minutes to this one, bodies flying everywhere. 

Great little closing segment: 

Lootta skip fodder this week. I liked all of the Athena/Billie/Nyla stuff and of course all the Dalton bits. Trish Adora and Diamante consistently look good on these shows and Jack Cartwheel is always a highlight. Start this tournament soon though please. Some matches with any stakes at all on the undercard would be wonderful. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

@JLM The Womens TV Title tournament is finally starting next week so you've got your wish!

I'm quite happy sitting through a load of semi-competitive/squash matches as it's the closest thing we've got to Dark, but some of the card still makes my head hurt. Ethan Page selling for Aaron Solo and getting what looked like a lucky win due to Solo being distrated by the ref is terrible. Anything Angelico/Serpentico are involved with is garbage. And The Infantry are so bad they give me WCW 2000 D-show vibes.

At least Athena is back to steady the ship, her and Nyla Rose are having a really fun little feud at the moment.

Why would anyone want to join Shane Taylor Promotions? All they do is lose. EDIT: Just remembered they actually won on this episode! Guess that shows how memorable it was.

Gutted none of the commentators pointed out how much Dalton Castle in disguise looked like Tony Schiavone.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Really enjoyed the Athena vs Nyla Rose main event on this weeks show. Athena is always great and Nyla is one of the most underrated on the roster for me (funny as fuck too). Not sure what the womens title match will be at Supercard of Honor now though. 

The rest of the show was standard ROH nothingness, unfortunately. 

Very intrigued to see what a Mercedes Martinez vs Abadon match will look like.

This weeks show marked a year of 'ROH on HonorClub' being a weekly show. It's not been great, has it? I've watched every episode because it's easy to have on in the background while doing my tea/on the treadmill/whatever (plus I'm a sad bastard), and the only things I can really remember about the show looking back are Athena's title reign and brilliant match against Willow, The Kingdom having a really fun match against Andretti/Martin, and... that's about it. The rest has just all blended into one blob of 'this isn't important'.

At least the PPVs are always good.

• Paid Members

ROH 15/02 

Skipped: Queen Aminata vs Jobber. Bit disappointed her first round TV title match was against a jobber! Also why isn't Lady Frost in this bracket? Bryan Keith vs Jobber, The Infantry vs Jobbers. Watched the end of The Outrunners vs jobbers as I was curious to see The Outrunners' finisher. Instead they did The Infantry's finisher to send a message. Me message to The Infantry would be "you are very boring".  

Queen Aminata promo! She didn't move all the way from West Africa to be average. She wants the ROH TV Title and says it will look extra juicy on her skin. She's representing the whole juicy continent of Africa. She called it a juicy continent. She's the one and only African women's wrestler. Got slightly muddled but not bad for a first promo and it was nice to see her get a chance to speak. 

Women's TV Title tournament match: Leyla Hirsch vs Rachel Ellering. Would you BELIEVE that these two friends who have had their bond tested by the prospect of this tournament have ended up meeting in the bracket? By ROH TV standards this might as well be The Bloodline saga. The story is that they've agreed not to throw strikes because they're pals. Ellering larger and more powerful, Hirsch more technically sound and submission-based. Hirsch is winning the technical battle, forcing Ellering to throw an elbow to escape a hold. Hirsch throws one back and they both agree strikes are back on the table and it's a fight from there. 

They do a lot of stuff here. Ellering worked dislocates her shoulder and has it popped back in. They establish early that Hirsch is hesitant to hit her running knee to the face finish on her buddy. She can't do it the first time. The second time a kneeling and groggy Ellering tells her she has to do it, but then partially blocks it, pretends to be knocked out and then tries a sneaky crucifix pin. HIrsch eventually hits it for real at the third attempt to win. 

There was a lot about this match I really liked. Some genuinely clever story beats, the premise of the match itself with them trying not to hit each other but slowly upping the intensity. Hirsch also hit several great suplexes; it's quite Taz-esque how she's able to chuck around much larger opponents. However, Ellering still seems a bit lost and clumsy at the times and is not a great actor. More importantly, neither of these two are over enough to pull off something this melodramatic and the whole thing was perhaps overly ambitious for ROH TV and the performers involved.. Also Ellering seemed to be playing more of a heel, was the first one to break the no striking rule and tried to trick Hirsch out of the win, but then why is she the one doing the dislocation spot? 

A for effort and creativity here. even if it was a bit muddled and flawed in execution. I will take a match with a story and loads of good ideas that doesn't quite hit the mark over pure filler matches any day. They did a backstage promo with Hirsch apologising and they're still friends for now, I think the Ellering heel turn at the end of this is needed, she is not likeable or sympathetic as a babyface at all. 

Nyla Rose backstage promo but Athena ambushes and hits her with half a table. Nyla still ends up getting the upper hand and leaving Athena laying. Once again I am 100% on board for this feud. I very much appreciated Nyla's outfit here. Her jacket and pants were also labelled. 

Nyla.thumb.png.c4fc8eee8af6a34ae491920ab921519a.png

Women's TV Title Tournament: Mercedes Martinez vs Trish Adora. The crowd was so silent during this that it felt awkward to watch. They're both very capable in-ring, Mercedes is a good heel and they wrestled a clear heel vs babyface match, but Trish Adora has absolutely zero character, story or connection with the audience. The wrestling was fine here but the crowd's silence was deafening. Disappointing that this tournament was announced so long ago and Hirsch vs Ellering was the only match with any build. A few minutes per episode to hear from some of these women in the weeks leading up to this tournament is not a lot to ask. The episodes are sometimes over two hours long and are packed with some of the most throwaway matches ever, but Trish Adora and Mercedes can't get a one minute backstage promo? Rubbish. 

The Righteous and Lance Archer vs Jobbers. Massive one armed Bossman slam from Dutch to John Cruz. I was satisfied. Pitch: Have Lance Archer join The Righteous properly. The Murderhawk Minister. Easily as good an idea as Deacon Batista. Easily. Then they go for the trios titles. The real ones that is. The pink ones. Not the crap ones. 

The Infantry confront The Outrunners over finisher theft. The Outrunners claim the move is called The Miami Overdrive and they've been using it for years. This did make me laugh. The Outrunners have been on social media and calling this move "their most established long term finisher." I enjoy the Outrunners a lot, but can they make me sit through a feud with The Infantry? It's a big ask fellas. 

Dalton Castle vs Kenny King. Caprice on commentary being sincerely thrilled to see Kenny King was lovely here. Dalton asks the camera man during his entrance why he is still waiting to hear what Johnny TV wants. Dalton seemed normal for a brief moment at the beginning of the match and offered the handshake. All down hill from there. He won't let go, King has to forcefully pull his hand away and Dalton is unhinged for the rest of it. Equal parts filled with rage and empty of self-belief. Swinging and charging wildly but being completely thrown off any time King landed some offense. I love it when a pro wrestling character is consistent across all aspects of the performance. For this story Dalton has incorporated it everywhere. His promos, his entrance, his matches. Any time he's on screen for any reason he is 100% in on this and it is such a joy to watch. Funnily enough after saying all of that, my favourite spot here was actually from The Boys. Dalton struggling badly, Kenny King goes to the top rope and The Boys wave their fans in his direction, hoping to create enough wind to knock him off balance. These are truly desperate times. 

Dalton calls out that John Television and demands his answer. Just what do Johnny and Taya want for them to agree to this match? Taya and Johnny once again brilliant here. The look, the arrogance, the way they bounce off each other, as I've said many times the double act elevates both of them. They're playing it like the villainous football star and head cheerleader from a high school movie where Dalton is the nerd, and it is perfect. They go back and forth, they tease the reveal. They finally tell us that they want... THE BOYS. Holy shit I did not see that coming. Dalton doesn't say yes but he doesn't say no either, which upsets The Boys. We are left on the cliff hanger of Dalton's decision. 

Loved this promo from Athena backstage:

Easily the best babyface promo I've seen from her because she isn't trying to be a babyface like she used to. This was all of the stuff she would normally say as a heel, almost word for word, but here she's trying to convince herself it's still true because she's doubting it for the first time in a long time..

ROH Women's TV title tournament: Diamante vs Kiera Hogan. Diamante says this will hurt her more than it hurts Kiera. This was one of a few nods to the fact that these two are a couple in this match, but it hasn't really been acknowledged in storyline so it was more of an Easter Egg thing for people who already know I guess? Fun little TV match. Diamante cheated to get the win but gave the fallen Kiera a little kiss on the way out to say sorry. Aww. 

A lot less skippage compared to the past two weeks. Disappointed with the TV title tourney having so many jobbers in the first round and the lack of any sort of character development for most of the participants. However, this show had something going on in most segments, either tournament matches of promos or backstage interactions, not just the usual sea of completely inconsequential filler matches. Best episode in a while.

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

ROH 22/02

Skipped: Lee Johnson vs Jobber,, Ethan Page vs Anthony Henry, AR Fox vs Komander vs Matt Sydal vs Exodus Prime. I'm sure the four way was a bonkers spotfest but I have far too much wrestling to catch up on and didn't have it in me to sit through it. 

Women's TV Title tournament: Taya Valkyrie vs Sussy Love

OK so it's another first round jobber, but Riccabonne was excited about Sussy so I gave it a go. She's worked for AAA and other Mexican promotions and she looked good here. At one point she had Taya hung up in the ropes in the corner and did a backflip double knee drop, don't think I've seen that before. This was a better match than Hogan/Diamante and Martinez/Trish Adora from last week. Valkyrie heeling it up and being very violent with her offense, including a nasty looking powerbomb into the ring apron. God match and much more competitive than expected. 

Women's TV Title tournament: Red Velvet vs Sandra Moone

OK so it's another first round jobber, but in my defense Sandra Moone is much larger than Red Velvet and I will always watch a David vs Goliath match. So glad I didn't skip this it was a little belter of a match. Great chemistry between them, Sandra Moone's offense looks great and she played the giant role well. Red Velvet a good underdog and made use of her speed and agility to eventually get the upper hand. I know there's a case to be made for the signed talent not to be the underdog against a jobber, but the jobber really was a lot bigger than her so I was OK with it. Highlight was Velvet hitting a flying avalanche quesadora bomb type thing off the turnbuckles. Velvet took the win with The Final Mix, which is of course the term for death used by worshippers of The Chef. 

Solid Taya Valkyrie and Johnny TV promo. Sussy love wasn't TV ready. I'd rather she cut promos about her upcoming opponents than the previous jobber she beat, but I will take whatever promos I can get for this tournament. 

Darby Allin's favourite wrestler Brandon Cutler(w/Colt Cabana)  vs Danhausen

Holy shit it's Danhausen. Excellent. This was as silly as you'd expect. Danhausen curses the cold spray so it won't spray if pointed at him specifically. There are shenanigans, there is comedy. Danhausen gets increasingly angry and violent as it goes on, screaming "EVPs!" as he beats up Cutler. He also busts out some old signature moves and uses the dreaded jar of teeth. He's doing this for The Best Friends and it's brough out the Very Evil side. A more than welcome Danhausen appearance. 

Abadon vs Viva Van 

OK so it's another etc. I enjoy Abadon, I have no other reason. This was fine. Viva Van looked good. Abadon did the Abadon stuff. 

Another Aminata promo ahead of her tournament match with Taya. She used to look up to Taya but isn't impressed with what she's become. Aminata wants the old Taya in their match,. She then wants Taya to move out of her way so the one and only African women's wrestler can become the first ever women's TV champ. She needs more reps but she already sounds good and this was an improvement on last week's promo. 

Billie Starkz vs Robyn Renegade

Couple of fairly standard exchanges at the start here, then Robyn Renegade delivered a truly thunderous pair of chops in the corner and the intensity was up from there. Hard hitting slugfest here. Easily the best match I've seen from Robyn Renegade. I like that Billie starts off all smiles and chain wrestling and then gradually becomes more Athena-like after she's been provoked. But yeah they beat each other up, hard strikes and a big powerbomb on the floor by Renegade at one point. Slight botch with Billie narrowly beating the 10 count outside the ring following said powerbomb, but ROH has a 20 count so she actually had ages. Riccabone mentioned it and then had to gloss over what he'd said and move on. Nobody in the live audience seemed to notice so it was OK. Other than that this was a good match. 

I saw Lady Frost was apparently out of the country when they wanted to start taping the first round matches of the women's TV tournament and that's why she's not in it. that's a shame. 

Fine promo from Billie Starkz, though once again it was an "after" promo about Robyn Renegade. I thought "'y'all aren't better than Athena, and I'm better than all of you" was a good line. Still has to acknowledge the loss to Athena and slot herself in as number 2 before saying she's going to destroy everyone else. 

Round 2 of the TV title tournament looks fun

Diamante vs Billie Starkz, Mercedes Martinez vs Abadon, Leyla Hirsch vs Red Velvet and Queen Aminata vs Taya Valkyrie. All somewhat intriguing, particularly Martinez vs Abadon and Aminata vs Taya. 

Poor Ethan Page having to cut promos on Kyle Fletcher who can't currently come and do the match due to visa issues. Good fiery promo once again from Page but man is he spinning his wheels in ROH. 

ROH Women's World Title: Athena vs Nyla Rose (2/3 falls tables match)

Ooh boy, the pay off for sitting through weeks of ROH is here. This feud has been great and this match felt like a very big deal as a result. Sensational performance from Athena here. Full of rage and determination but also fighting from underneath for the vast majority of it. Nyla has also been excellent in this feud and played her part brilliantly here. Very wise move to have Nyla dominate from the start and get the first fall immediately. Put Nyla on match point for the whole thing and made every tease count after that. Won't list all of the other spots as I hope people watch this one, but all of the big ones were fantastic and Athena threw in a couple of astonishing feats of strength to boot. Brilliant main event and a fine pay off to one of the best feuds ROH TV has had in its first year. 

One of the stronger episodes in recent memory. Danhausen, all of the women's TV title matches were good and a top quality main event. No Dalton Castle and it was still good. For ROH TV that is not bad at all. I also don't mind them waiting one more week on Dalton's decision, it has to be the hardest one he's ever had to make after all. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

ROH 29/02/23

BOYS! Absolutely monumental main event this week. 

I'm currently massively behind. I have still to watch: Collison 24/02, Dynamite 28/02, Rampage 01/03 and will have Collision 02/03 to watch before Revolution. 

With all of that backlog to get through, I still watched ROH first because it is time. Dalton Castle vs That Piece of Shit Jonathan Television FOR CUSTODY OF THE BOYS. Can Dalton finish his story and smash that man's face? 

Drainmaker 🌧️ 💵 on X: "Dalton Castle vs Johnny TV... CUSTODY OF THE BOYS  match on ROH tonight. 😭 https://t.co/NrRwckzNke" / X

One hour and seven minutes this episode. Much more reasonable. 

Skipped: Lee Johnson vs Mike Sydal. It is amusing that Matt Sydal has a brother named Mike who does a yoga instructor gimmick, but not amusing enough to make me watch the Lee Johnson match. Komander vs Blake Christian. I'm sure this was good but I have too much wrestling to get through. 

Women's TV Title Tournament Round 2: Queen Aminata vs Taya Valkyrie

Appreciated the commentators highlighting that Taya hadn't lost a singles match before this. Enjoyed this match. It really helped that the crowd was into it, much more than they usually are for ROH TV matches. Completely behind Aminata, and Taya and Johnny TV helped by being incredibly obnoxious throughout. There's definitely something there with Aminata. 

Taiji Ishimori vs Jacoby Watts

This was unexpected. Taiji Ishimori outta nowhere. 3 minute squash. Jacoby Watts has good punches. Ishimori looked good. Something weird going on with the editing of this match which made it jarring to watch. 

Athena/Lexy/Billie Starkz address the people. Athena back in bullying the minions mode. Billie interrupted Athena a few times here..  She has fallen in line and has accepted that Athena is still top dog, but she has grown in confidence and is more willing to stand up for herself. Very slow burn build for their eventual rematch but the signs are there. 

Dalton Castle vs Johnny TV for custody of The Boys 

Dalton comes out all dishevelled and forlorn again, but the Iron Savages arrive and give him a sip of Savage Sauce. Dalton's mojo is temporarily restored and he does the full entrance we all know and love. It is time to smash Johnny TV's face. The instant transformation here was brilliant; I love this character so much. Aubrey Edwards presents The Boys as the prize for this match like a ref normally does with title belts. Tremendous. 

Spoiler

The match was as you'd expect.  Johnny TV running away, Taya getting involved with shenanigans at ringside and Dalton having spells where he'd fire up and start suplexing Johnny and smashing his face. 

Dalton got a big near fall off a mad looking lawn dart/head spike thing I've never seen him do before. It would have ended the match but Taya threw a Boy into the ring to distract the ref. 

Ultimately another ref distraction allows Taya to get a cheap shot in on Dalton. This stuns him and allows Johnny TV to set him up for Starship Pain and take the match! 

The post match was incredible. Taya and Johnny drag the boys away and Dalton is crushed. Just devastated beyond belief. Aubrey presents Dalton with one of The Boys' fans as a symbol of what he's lost. Utterly heartbreaking scenes. 

On the plus side, this means the feud is not even close to being over. At the bare minimum they need to put Dalton winning The Boys back on an ROH PPV. Ideally a bigger stage obviously, but AT LEAST on a PPV where the crowd will be lively and more familiar with the product. It's gutting that this first match between them that they've been building for so long was done in this setting. The crowd were cheering for Dalton and booing Johnny TV for the most part, thankfully it wasn't completely dead, but this feud deserves so much more.

Dalton struggling with life sans-Boys is going to be amazing television.  I thought I'd seen him at rock bottom but it wasn't even close. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

One of the best episodes of ROH TV in quite some time. Who would've thought cutting out a load of dross and shortening the length would make for better TV? (Absolutely everyone).

Great main event, hopefully with a blow-off match at the April PPV where Dalton gets his Boys back. Dalton using the sauce was a nice callback to their tag match a few weeks back.

Komander vs Blake Christian was a cracker. Aminata vs Taya is the stand-out match of the womens title tournament so far. Ishimori squash was unexpected but fun.

I love Athena and like Starkz but something about their whole minion thing doesn't work for me, and I find alot of their promos and interviews to be awkward. That was the case again here. 

It wouldn't be ROH without one utterly meaningless match. I was absolutely gutted Matt Sydal's shit brother with shitter hair and shittest tattoos has returned. He was the worst of the AW Dark regulars. I like Lee Johnson but nobody cares about a match involving Mike Sydal.

What's the deal with Kyle Fletcher? He should be all over these episodes.