Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Really sorry for your loss, DJT. Like the others have said, I can't imagine how that must have been for you, but I hope you're getting by better as time passes.

Thanks folks, it hadn't occured to me that I might be unintentionally stinking up the cheery thread with negativity so apologies for that. On a positive note, I'm getting there and kind of begining to get back to some normality. I wouldn't have even thought of getting involved in a thing like a forum 12 months ago, so some progress. Wrestling the "White Noise" award away from the clutches of Keith Houchen has really given me a sense of purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

Wrestling the "White Noise" award away from the clutches of Keith Houchen has really given me a sense of purpose. 

Learn to walk before you can run with the big boys, kiddo. 

7 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

Wrestling the "White Noise" award away from the clutches of Keith Houchen has really given me a sense of purpose. 

Mate, have you been to On Topic recently? There are some absolute thoroughbreds this year to get past first.

I was on the motorway with the family and without this sounding like a motoring phone in on LBC, some bastard wildly careered across multiple lanes and nearly wiped us all out. It would have been bad, and I thought that was it. 

I'm a boring, unremarkable middle aged bloke and my family see me as such. Today though, I was able to execute a skillful, split second manoeuvre that avoided certain catastrophe, and I've essentially gone from being a dull galoot to a dialled-in ice cold assassin. They know I've saved their arses, and while they screamed and braced for impact I was as cool as a frozen cucumber. 

Obviously I'm milking it with the "I'm no hero" routine and there's a palpable sense that my stock will never be higher than it is now. The fact that I spent much of the weekend playing Forza Horizon 4 and WRC Rally possibly didn't do any harm either. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

Obviously I'm milking it with the "I'm no hero" routine and there's a palpable sense that my stock will never be higher than it is now. The fact that I spent much of the weekend playing Forza Horizon 4 and WRC Rally possibly didn't do any harm either. 

Embrace your username and go all “Some people are saying I’m a hero, their words. The greatest hero there has ever been. They want me to compete against Lewis Hamilton” whilst playing an invisible accordion. 

Glad you’re all ok though!

Edited by Keith Houchen
Well I’m standing by a river, but the water doesn’t flow.

Had to create a QR code for something at work, popped it in the Teams chat to see if someone could test it and successfully "rickrolled" them all. Rickrolling in the year 2024, Jesus Christ.

Call me Colin Hunt, Office Trolley, height of hilarity. Yes I'm still single.