AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I saw a picture of them wearing what looked like his & hers matching pink leopard print ring attire on her Instagram the other day. They've been laying it on even thicker than usual since Dynamite. 

22 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I saw a picture of them wearing what looked like his & hers matching pink leopard print ring attire on her Instagram the other day. They've been laying it on even thicker than usual since Dynamite. 

They're going down to AAA. Think they're challenging for the Mixed Tag Titles when they go down. It got a mention on Sammy's Vlog.

Can we talk about JR?

I know there’sa lot of love for him because if the Attitude Era and his voice is iconic.  But he’s really, really bad as a commentator now.  Not just messing up people’s names, but breaking kayfabe or giving the finishes of matches away.  

He’s also come out with some dubious calls of late - saying that a wrestler “is getting a real scolding“ from the female ref sounded quite sexist this week.

There are much better options for the third seat, and if Khan can take off the tinted glasses he’ll see JR is just hurting the product where he is right now.

Use him for backstage interviews, use his talent experience, but drop him from Dynamite.

He reminds me of Motty in football. Had an outstanding career, but went on years too long and felt like he was there because 'well that's what we do' rather than 'can we replace him?'

I guess another equation could be that he's like a tired old dog that's been with you for a lifetime but now is so old and senile it just shits everywhere and rips up toys and is too picky over its food, hates staying in but doesn't want to go out and is just generally a bit of a prick. Because you've been friends with it for so long you feel like you can't get rid of it, even though deep down you know it's the best thing for it.

51 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

She's certainly getting into some heated discussions with people on the Twitter. 

I think that's fair enough. Due to the nature of how Sammy's last relationship ended and how their's began people are jumping in on something they don't personally know anything about.

I don't really pay any attention to it. It reminds me of when people said X Factor and Pop Idol were destroying music. Never watched the shows, never listened to the pop charts. Made not a jot of difference to me. If Tay and Sammy are being too much for some people online. Then all the people have to do is unfollow or ignore them.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I think that's fair enough. Due to the nature of how Sammy's last relationship ended and how their's began people are jumping in on something they don't personally know anything about.

I don't really pay any attention to it. It reminds me of when people said X Factor and Pop Idol were destroying music. Never watched the shows, never listened to the pop charts. Made not a jot of difference to me. If Tay and Sammy are being too much for some people online. Then all the people have to do is unfollow or ignore them.

I completely agree with you that at they're allowed to be as open about their relationship as they want and a lot of couples love to do these kinds of things on soci, but I think it'd serve them better if they rise above the people trying to throw abuse at them and ignore the arseholes to be honest. I can't imagine Vince would be best pleased if it was one of his top babyfaces telling random people to fuck off on Twitter. 

• Paid Members

I think ad several others have mentioned here previous JR can still be good if he likes a match. If he could pick and choose what to call, and stick Taz there for the other matches it'd be better, because there are plenty of opportunities where he just bitches about something he doesn't like or get in a match. I recall he called the American Dragon "Daniel Bryan Danielson" a time or two. At least he knew where they were this week. He does have an eye for talent and they could do a lot worse than to have JR & Regal involved in talent scouting, even if it's watching tapes.