AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

The one disappointment heading into the PPV is the Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa build. This should have felt like a massive, massive deal - and heck, it could and should have been in the running to close the whole show. But it's all felt very flat. I thought Britt would help elevate the title, but she's done nothing for the belt, and it's done nothing for her. 

That whole storyline should have been handled with more care. 

As much as I bloody loved the MJF x Punk segment the crowd were done after that, nothing was going to get them back up after that high and especially not a terminally dull tag match.

Poor Hangman, he's tried so fucking hard and looked like a badass but the build with Cole has been a bit shit, it almost feels like they just fed him some midcarder to beat but this should have been much bigger.

• Paid Members

Good opener, but it was Danielson Vs Daniels, so was bound to be I bet JR was struggling for names during that match. 

Darius Martin looks like everything they wanted Dante to be during his singles run. Top Flight would be a good fit in Ring Of Honor. 

Castor's rap was brilliant. 

Looks like they're building to another round of Young Bucks Vs FTR. 

Not such a big pop for Danhausen this week. I wonder whether he'll be on his way back to Ring Of Honor. 

Rumble was fun. 

Punk's promo was good. That little smile from MJF when Punk hugged him back was priceless. It was half "I'm getting a hug from my favourite wrestler" and half "I've managed to achieve what I set out to." brilliant heel work. 

Darby, Sting, Punk and Sammy? Who teams with them to take on the Pinnacle in Blood & Guts? 

Rosa was dressed as the white Dino Thunder ranger this week. Is she carrying a knock with that tape on her thigh? Shame they lost the crowd as the natch went on. 

JR not knowing the name of the fite.tv app then talking about how good it is and that he uses it all the time was rough. 

Sammy Guevara and his cue cards is the new Cody/Brandi in terms of getting my eyes rolling. Why couldn't they have had him cut a promo in the back, then the Jade/Tay segment, and the women's tag run through the break with picture in picture? It's not like he's never cut a promo before. 

Is Wardlow going to end up costing MJF against Punk on Sunday? 

It's still stupid of them to be calling Cole undefeated when he lost to Cassidy in TV. The whole lights out stuff is dumb. It's not like they're going to stick the belt on Cole and have Orange come after him like the Rosa/Britt thing is it? 

The spot with Page and Cole countering each other's signature moves was nice. It'd be a good go home show if there wasn't an episode of Rampage on Friday. 

• Paid Members

7 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Child of rich parents playing wrestling promoter because its fun - check.

Hot-shot booking - check.

'Major announcement that will change the face of the wrestling business' almost every week -  check.

Putting people in positions of influence who tell them they have great credentials in the business instead of those who ACTUALLY have great credentials in the business - check. 

I mean, there ARE quite glaring similarities in fairness. 

1. Yes he is but unlike Dixy he was a major Wrestling fan who started a company rather then buy one.

2. What booking?

3. I mean I think there have been about 10 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS in 3 years. Hardly that frequent.

4. Names please.

12 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Keep burying your head in the sand if you want but you know what I said is true.

It isn't.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Not such a big pop for Danhausen this week. I wonder whether he'll be on his way back to Ring Of Honor. 

I did laugh at Ross's reaction to Excalibur saying Danhausen had "cursed" someone. 

I think they need to do a better job at explaining who - and indeed what - Danhausen is, if his act is to work. I'm pretty sure he won't be my cup of tea either way, but clearly there's an audience who don't know him, who would be willing to embrace the character if he was given the chance to establish himself. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

1. Yes he is but unlike Dixy he was a major Wrestling fan who started a company rather then buy one.

2. What booking?

3. I mean I think there have been about 10 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS in 3 years. Hardly that frequent.

4. Names please.

It isn't.

Yeah, this is definitely worthy of the "big announcement" tag. I know I was one of the people making the Dixie comparisons, but this counts as big business. 

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Keep burying your head in the sand if you want but you know what I said is true.

Just sticking to your guns doesn’t make it true. AEWs biggest criticism is that so many top talent HAVENT touched at all. There’s gotta be 100 matches between guys who haven’t been near one another, and commonly headline tv with a name guy in a glorified squash against lower card. So even the mid and top of card aren’t mixing to hotshot matches. The only match they went straight to and wasn’t earned was Omega vs Danielson, but that made Sense as had a massive arena in a new market to get attention to. Bar that I struggle to think of this hotshot thing that you are seeing here 

After the tease of Wardlow winning the TNT title, I really want to see Darby vs Wardlow for the TNT title.

I think it would be the perfect showcase for Wardlow as well as playing into the pillars stuff and getting Punk as there partner in the Blood and Guts match.

I also think the long term direction is Punk, Danielson and Moxley vs The Bucks and Hangman in a pseudo NWO thing, so if Punk loses to MJF it could play into him needing to “be more violent” and becoming a “bad guy”.

It’s pretty exciting what they could do going forward.