AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Great Main Event. Punk looked fantastic and he really made MJF look great. Interesting to see what they do moving forward with it. Maybe Punk takes a few weeks off.

Mox/Bryan seems an interesting way to go into the angle. I imagine you'll have them tease the team up for a few weeks. I love Bryan's character

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I don't really know what his character is anymore.

Why? It hasn't changed in the slightest. The Omega feud was all about him overcoming his issues to become the brave, confident hero babyface Champion he was always meant to be. He is now the brave hero babyface Champ.

Punk is such a fucking great wrestler that that match basically only had one single big spot (Pepsi Plunge) and he had the people eating out of his hand the whole way through.

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Why? It hasn't changed in the slightest. The Omega feud was all about him overcoming his issues to become the brave, confident hero babyface Champion he was always meant to be. He is now the brave hero babyface Champ.

Seems to walk around confused. He hasn't carried himself like I should care that he overcame anything. Two great matches with Bryan, and it was Danielson I care about.

Hangman could do with A feud against someone in a stable as the interacting and teaming with dark order was a big part of his act. Instead all he can do is have brawls between defences instead of being in fun mutimans 

Just now, Louch said:

Hangman could do with A feud against someone in a stable as the interacting and teaming with dark order was a big part of his act. Instead all he can do is have brawls between defences instead of being in fun mutimans 

That's where it's going, Adam Cole is starting this with his match against Uno on Friday. He pretty much said he's going for the title without actually saying it.

The major downside being it's Adam tiny eyes Cole.

Just now, Merzbow said:

That's where it's going, Adam Cole is starting this with his match against Uno on Friday. He pretty much said he's going for the title without actually saying it.

The major downside being it's Adam tiny eyes Cole.

Ah cool, haven’t watched the whole show yet. Be a good feud for him then. Probably get some young bucks involvement and maybe even omega returning so many parts to build proper intrigue instead of his obvious win he’s gonna get over archer 

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Aside from that Restart The Match bollocks in the middle, which only serves to make the ref look an idiot, that was a great main event.

Wasn't the point of it to get around the time limit? They effectively had two seperate 20 minute matches.

That match was fantastic.

24 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Wasn't the point of it to get around the time limit? They effectively had two seperate 20 minute matches.

That match was fantastic.

“Scheduled for One Fall or TV Time Remaing”, there was nothing to get around.

“Well the ref can’t call what they don’t see” we’ve been told numerous times. Remsburg didn’t see the tape used, he didn’t even see MJF drop it, he was looking away when he raised his arm and somehow detected it by Force Sense. If he’s then deducted that MJF has choked Punk out, why isn’t that a DQ? Something we saw a few weeks back doesn’t actually exist in AEW.
Then he doesn’t see MJF use his diamond ring, only this time his Force Sense has been weakened and he just calls the match. Why didn’t another ref tell him what happened, like they did last time they did the exact same thing in an MJF match? All you got was MJF outsmarting a clueless referee, twice it would seem. There was no reason to do a restart

It was still a great match, I’m not saying that it wasn’t and I realise I’m in “old man yells at cloud” territory by overthinking it. But take out that stupid restart and it becomes an excellent match that’ll no doubt be a MOTY contender

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Aside from that Restart The Match bollocks in the middle, which only serves to make the ref look an idiot, that was a great main event. I’ve never been taken with MJF as a wrestler and his mic work is straight out of Heel Wrestler 101, but when he’s in there with the right person he can have a really good match.

I think Bryce Remsberg is a bit theatrical, and I'm not a massive fan of his, but I actually didn't mind this - it allows MJF to say that he managed to beat CM Punk twice on the same night in his home turf of Chicago - a pretty unique accolade to have on your CV. 

It also allows him to bat back any desires Punk may have for a rematch. I think that's where they're going with this, though, and I think the likely outcome is MJF to lose, with Wardlow's interference back-firing this time. As MJF chews him out post match, he finally snaps and we have the long-awaited face turn, and MJF's next storyline. 

If Tony Khan wants to prove that’s he’s in charge of AEW, he needs to stop sending Brandi out in front of the fans. Absolute egotism from her that no-one wants to see

AEW's use of Brandi is one of the most outrageous examples of nepotism I can think of since I started watching wrestling in 2002. Whether you agree with it or not, you can make a case for Triple H's World Title runs between 2002-2004. And heck, there were positive outcomes to that; with Randy Orton and Batista both becoming established stars through their association with him. Jeff Jarrett's equivalent run in TNA is harder to justify, but at least he could wrestle; and had some level of star power to him, as limited as it may have been. The McMahons, whatever you think of them, have always been over; and can draw a rating. But what exactly does Brandi have to offer? She was supposed to wrestle in the Shaq match, and is now, apparently, being given the chance to wrestle Paige VanZant. These are arguably the two biggest opportunities to be given to a female wrestler in AEW outside of a title match. How the fuck can they justify that? 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

AEW's use of Brandi is one of the most outrageous examples of nepotism I can think of since I started watching wrestling in 2002. Whether you agree with it or not, you can make a case for Triple H's World Title runs between 2002-2004. And heck, there were positive outcomes to that; with Randy Orton and Batista both becoming established stars through their association with him. Jeff Jarrett's equivalent run in TNA is harder to justify, but at least he could wrestle; and had some level of star power to him, as limited as it may have been. The McMahons, whatever you think of them, have always been over; and can draw a rating. But what exactly does Brandi have to offer? She was supposed to wrestle in the Shaq match, and is now, apparently, being given the chance to wrestle Paige VanZant. These are arguably the two biggest opportunities to be given to a female wrestler in AEW outside of a title match. How the fuck can they justify that? 

Because, I'm assuming, the match will be an intergender tag match between VanZant and her MMA husband against Cody and Brandi. And I can see why that would be seen as a draw - Cody's on non-wrestling TV that appears to be doing well and they have their own TV show as well. I'm not saying it's the right call, but I can entirely see why the Rhodes are classed as a big deal. Frankly, they should be - the issue at the moment is that they're not doing it well. 

But Brandi as, say, women's champ, would be a terrible idea. Her role really should be around the celebrity stuff, as they try to do more cross-promotional stuff.